Ping i20 Irons Review - Forum Testing Review Thread

Just thought I'd pop in to say this thread is pretty much numero uno in reasons for my placing an order for i20's today.

Well I'm glad you think they are as well. When Jrod got fit to them in X I knew they were legit shafts. I'm all for you tinkering I just don't want your golf to suffer

I hear ya, I've busted my butt to get where I am, but most of it is because of these irons and I can't help but wonder if maybe I could make them better...but I know that can be a slippery slope too.

Just thought I'd pop in to say this thread is pretty much numero uno in reasons for my placing an order for i20's today.

Now THAT puts a smile on my face hehe. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when they arrive, please do make sure you share them with us!

Ya Jman as much as I adore my CFS's with the results your getting the last few months I wouldn't change a thing unless you KNEW they would improve your game.

Here in the next month if I start shooting even par with my CFS's hard stepped you can do a whole sale switch. But if you shoot even par 1st then I highly doubt you need to switch lol.

5th round with the I20s today, shot a 76, 39/37. I am really beginning to like/lust/love these irons! Either the head or the shaft has minimized the big draw I had with the R9/KBS90 combo and now is just a baby draw, maybe 2-3 yards at most with the I20/KBS Tour combo. Every shot today was spot on right where I was aimed or wanted to end up. Had 1 birdie, a double and 3 bogies. Double was the result of a hooked 2nd shot on a par 5 into the water with my hybrid, which I haven't hit in almost 2 weeks and usually draw it, just over cooked it. Dropped another on the same spot instead of going to the edge of the hazard and lasered it to the 150yd mark (sucks when Bob makes the exact shot you were trying to originally), hit 9i to 4ft of the pin and missed the putt lol. The bogies were the result of a bad putt and another missed hybrid shot. Sucks as I am usually spot on with the hybrid, but for whatever reason I haven't used it on the course lately and I hate using a club after not hitting it for awhile. So far the irons are doing what I need, just getting let down by a couple other clubs on some holes.

Here in the next month if I start shooting even par with my CFS's hard stepped you can do a whole sale switch. But if you shoot even par 1st then I highly doubt you need to switch lol.

I already did shoot even par :banana:

I already did shoot even par :banana:

Don't change, man. You're letting your inner-ho getting the best of you.

If you switch, I'm calling an intervention.

Don't change, man. You're letting your inner-ho getting the best of you.

If you switch, I'm calling an intervention.

How is going stock hoeing? :bulgy-eyes:

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

Its a change, and it wasn't ever stock for me, therefore it would be a ho'ing. :act-up:

Picked up my 4i today and took a few swing in store. If I just stop trying to swing out my shoes I am gonna live this thing. When I take you guys' advice and swing like a 7i this club was sweet. May be able to get out tomorrow for a round to put it through the paces. Really interested in how it does off a tee. Glad I listened to the i20 family. This completes my set 4 - LW so now I just have to go out and play and not worry about any more clubs.....at least for a month or so.

I went thru my shaft reconsideration a few weeks back but ultimately decided the CFS were just what I needed for my game.

TapAhoy!

Its a change, and it wasn't ever stock for me, therefore it would be a ho'ing. :act-up:

PING i20's look sexier with stepped shafts anyway!

Don't consider yourself a ho. Just consider it "going through a phase".

Man. All this i20 talk has me wanting to take these out to the range tonight!!!

Ha, no way. To me, nothing could look better than the brushed CTaper shaft in the slick i20 head. Me likey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, no way. To me, nothing could look better than the brushed CTaper shaft in the slick i20 head. Me likey.

PXi's look better :bulgy-eyes:

Really, I think they do. Actually, they look almost identical, minus the badge'ing.

I just like them how they are so I don't really want to change anything about them.

You, my friend, are an enabler.

Agreed. So pretty...too bad my Ping bag has the clear stickers wearing/peeling off :banghead: My C130 will be here tomorrow, but it appears it's a bit too late.

Now THAT puts a smile on my face hehe. Can't wait to hear your thoughts when they arrive, please do make sure you share them with us!

Most definitely will, looking at 8-10 business days...regret not ordering them with VDRs on them though, I guess I'll regrip as soon as I get them.

You, my friend, are an enabler.

Agreed. So pretty...too bad my Ping bag has the clear stickers wearing/peeling off :banghead: My C130 will be here tomorrow, but it appears it's a bit too late.

You can get C-Taper stickers on the bay for cheap.

You can get C-Taper stickers on the bay for cheap.

Good looking out my friend, thanks. Might be a winter project for me to keep me sane.

Picked up my 4i today and took a few swing in store. If I just stop trying to swing out my shoes I am gonna live this thing. When I take you guys' advice and swing like a 7i this club was sweet. May be able to get out tomorrow for a round to put it through the paces. Really interested in how it does off a tee. Glad I listened to the i20 family. This completes my set 4 - LW so now I just have to go out and play and not worry about any more clubs.....at least for a month or so.

I went thru my shaft reconsideration a few weeks back but ultimately decided the CFS were just what I needed for my game.

TapAhoy!

Once you get hooked on the 4i, you'll need to order the 3i. I'd choose it in a hot flash over a hybrid or 5 wood on a long par 3. Hit it this morning. Nice easy swing, 195 yards all carry. Thunk, 2 ft from landing.

Ok, so I took my new sticks for a test drive at the range tonight. Worth noting, it was hot as hell and my swing was pretty rough. Ironically, spending 14 hours in my car driving to meetings over the last two days isn't good for my golf swing. Anyway, the range where I go most of the time has balls that I believe are constructed with concrete cores and any dimples were worn off in June. I was curious about distance since I'm stepping down a flex from stiff to regular but tonight was not the night to determine distance.

My swing was abysmal tonight, I seemed to be hitting a lot off the toe or high on the face. Rather than recount the entire 75 balls I'll just list my initial impressions:
1. These irons are forgiving but they're not miracle workers. They reward good swings and minimize the penalties on bad ones. It's hard to hit a huge slice or hook with these irons, the ball seems to want to go straight.
2. Ball flight was higher than my old irons. Launch is definitely higher and the balls just seems to stay in the air forever.
3. These irons are damn hard to hook. On any normal range session I'll pull hook a few, tonight I think I had one.
4. These irons feel amazing when well struck. Easily as good as my forged CB's
5. You can feel the mishits but the feedback isn't punishing.
6. These soles slide through the turf, they're like a hot knife through butter.
7. The feel of the PW is amazing. I was wondering how it would feel compared to my old irons and I'm stunned at how good it feels. The ball flight is towering but not ballooning.
8. I think it may take me a few hundred balls to get used to the feel, they're very different from my old irons which were essentially blades.
9. I seemed to have developed a nice butter cut. Not sure if this is the irons or the slightly oversized (1/32nd) grips.
10. I can't wait to hit them again.

Good stuff BogeyBear. My guess is you will enjoy them even more with round and practice session you have.

My vote is for the C-Tapers. They look awesome with these heads.

My vote is for the C-Tapers. They look awesome with these heads.

I knew Doc would have my back! Haha

I knew Doc would have my back! Haha

Ive got your back. AND if my opinion matters I say stuck with the C Tapers. They are obviously doing great things for your game, why go and mess that up? I bet if you think about the shots that you have lost shots or failed to gain shots, it you are anything like myself, it is not the shafts that are holding you back. Most likely it is a little bit of wind, an awkward stance, an in between distance and then there is good ol' user error :D I say dance with the girl that you came with.

I agree with the other gents, JMan. C-Tapers got you where you are today...don't mess with it.

I just figure that you needed to hear that from me since those other fellas are all C-Taper homers.

I'm a big advocate of the CFS shafts so of course I'm going to rag you about them, but in the end it's just like Doc said. Dance with the girl you brought to the dance.

Back