Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

Dang that is one good looking driver. I love the face of it.
Yes it is, the face just screams hit me lol.

The stock shaft was a little "whippy" to me and cause balls to ballon on me...which sounds like what you are seeing....this head pair with the right shaft is just a fairway finder.

I did see a noticeable difference in ball flight with the FIT when I first moved weights around on it. First swing was a big slice, then I moved the two weights around and that flight straightened right out.

Without adjusting the hosel position from standard, I switched the weights back to their stock position (heavy in toe) before my league round tonight just to see what it would do, and I was really shocked how drastic the difference was compared to having the heavy weight in the heel.

Over the past few rounds, I have had the 12g weight in the heel to promote a draw, and I have it it pretty straight for me, maybe a pull hook every now and then, but really nothing that starts straight and heads right. Today, moving the 12g weight back to the toe, I could not get a ball to go straight or left for anything. Everything was fades/slices. Not that my scramble teammates would agree with this statement, but I actually thought it was really cool that the weights made that big of difference on a day where the rest of my unchanged clubs were acting normal, so it shouldn't have been a swing difference. Even the one pull I hit off the first tee curved right back to the right center.

I have had adjustable drivers before and maybe the weight relocation differences was less than the 20 grams total that's being moved in this case, but I have never seen as drastic as an adjustment just due to a couple of weights.

For those that have hit the Cleveland Classic and the Razr Fit, how would you say that the spin with this driver compares to the Classic? I've heard that this driver is fairly low spin compared to other drivers on the market now.

I had to fight the urge to buy a new shaft for it before it arrived, and give the stock shaft a chance. However, this thing is a rain maker.

I have a decent swing speed and all I heard before I got mine was that the shaft is too soft. I also own the TA version which has a PX Black shaft, which is definitely more stiff than the stock stiff on the regular Fit. However, I see a similar ball flight with the regular Fit, I get no whipping at all, and I BOMB it. I was hitting the RAZR Fit farther this past weekend than I ever have, I'm talking consistently 275-300 (I have witnesses), and almost always in the fairway. I think people get scared of the stock shaft, because if you pick it up in the store and wobble it left to right, it flexes a lot. But at the top of your swing the shaft is flexing "up and down" so if you wobble the shaft up and down in your hands then that simulates how the shaft will flex at the top of the backswing. If you do this you will notice that it doesn't flex as much. The stock shaft does not cause a high ball flight for me at all. I hit my irons pretty high, but the driver is one thing that I don't hit high. I might actually put the stock shaft on my TA, because I think I think it get more distance out of it than the PX Black shaft.

The TA comes with PX Black for the shaft. That's the only other difference besides the green color.

KMac how do you like the PX Black? Thinking I might need a new Fit head since mine took a bit of a beating in the SC heat

KMac how do you like the PX Black? Thinking I might need a new Fit head since mine took a bit of a beating in the SC heat

What happened to it? Did it melt or something? lol

I'm still playing with it dude. I got it in 5.5 because I thought the 6.0 was too stiff and I wanted a 10.5* too. I just haven't had enough time to test out the settings and get used to it yet.

What happened to it? Did it melt or something? lol

I'm still playing with it dude. I got it in 5.5 because I thought the 6.0 was too stiff and I wanted a 10.5* too. I just haven't had enough time to test out the settings and get used to it yet.

Had a bit of a chipping issue on the top of the head. Man that TA looks bad arse with the green. Makes me want one!!

Had a bit of a chipping issue on the top of the head. Man that TA looks bad arse with the green. Makes me want one!!

Haha chipping issue on the head. I hate when that happens. Dude it's just sick looking. Love the looks and all the options with the weights I have. I just need to sit on the range and play with it for a bit.

Played 18 today with my new Diamana Whiteboard 63 installed...Hit every fairway on the front 9! Back nine I was a touch off and just narrowly missed several fairways. For me the Diamana Whiteboard is a drastic improvement over the stock shaft. It lowered my ball flight and straightened me out. Still hitting a fade with this thing though, even with the heavy weight in the heel. Wish I could get a draw out of this beast. May have to close down the face next. Almost have this driver dialed in...

I would say average of 10 yards...

I can't speak to the Classic but the Fit is supposed to be a low-spin driver

For those that have hit the Cleveland Classic and the Razr Fit, how would you say that the spin with this driver compares to the Classic? I've heard that this driver is fairly low spin compared to other drivers on the market now.

Played 18 today with my new Diamana Whiteboard 63 installed...Hit every fairway on the front 9! Back nine I was a touch off and just narrowly missed several fairways. For me the Diamana Whiteboard is a drastic improvement over the stock shaft. It lowered my ball flight and straightened me out. Still hitting a fade with this thing though, even with the heavy weight in the heel. Wish I could get a draw out of this beast. May have to close down the face next. Almost have this driver dialed in...

Nice to hear man! It is a stellar combo. Keep getting it dialed in man!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9330 using Tapatalk

It is a low spin driver - supposedly very comparable to the classic

I forgot to mention how I love that the wrench holds 3 extra weights in the top of it. Love that feature.

That and it's easy to use too

I forgot to mention how I love that the wrench holds 3 extra weights in the top of it. Love that feature.

I'm trying to watch my finances and you guys are making me want this driver more and more each day. Wonder how much hoarded stuff I can trade in.

I'm trying to watch my finances and you guys are making me want this driver more and more each day. Wonder how much hoarded stuff I can trade in.

If there was ever a good time to buy one it's now dude. Thin the hoard!

If there was ever a good time to buy one it's now dude. Thin the hoard!

I know. I need to round up some things and see if it's worth it.

I know. I need to round up some things and see if it's worth it.

Oh she's worth it....

Its on sale dude so make it happen. Time to get off the pot.

Um, TM MC irons should do the trick deano!

I think I need to hit this up against the AMP.

Back