Callaway RAZR Fit Driver

I think I may hit this one at the golf shop later today when I go pick up my regripped clubs.

I think I need to hit this up against the AMP.
That would be interesting, you going to post some #'s from each or you doing a on course test?

Worth every penny. I would sell a kidney for this driver....

I bet it comes with great tech support like Dell has too man

I think I may hit this one at the golf shop later today when I go pick up my regripped clubs.

What did you regrip?

Driver, 3 wood, and wedges with blue VDR grips. I knew that I was going to regrip the driver and 3 wood, and I decided to do the wedges too since the Tour Velvets were starting to show a little wear.

That would be interesting, you going to post some #'s from each or you doing a on course test?

If it happens on a monitor or jacked up sim I'll post numbers. I'm not sure where I will do it though

If it happens on a monitor or jacked up sim I'll post numbers. I'm not sure where I will do it though
Cool, looking forward to what you think about it. I'm do ready for tomorrow's round, having a hard time waiting to hit this! I was bouncing a few balls off the face of it last night and it has such a great solid thwack to it, not tingy at all which I love.

I don't think the stock shaft is all that whippy. I just think it has a really low kick point, which could easily come across as whippy when you are waggling it around. I had the same high ball flight that others have had until I swapped in a shaft with a high kick point. Helped immensely.

I finally got to hit this driver at a golf shop during lunchtime today. I only got to hit it with the stock shaft in 10.5 degrees of loft because there were other people waiting on the simulator. I got about 10 swings in. I really liked the weighting of the club, as well as how it set up behind the ball. In terms of performance, I found that I was hitting it high on the face a lot, and that was resulting in really high launch angles and spin over 3000 rpm. It felt better when I took the tee height down a slight bit and still was able to keep the launch angle up around 14 degrees. I don't put a ton of stock into simulators, but even on shots that weren't down the middle, the misses were still very playable. That's a big thing to me, as sometimes with the Classic I struggle with huge misses. Ball speed was also comparable to my current driver with good swings. I may go back to that shop and try out some different shafts since they have a Callaway fitting cart, if I don't pull the trigger on a certain setup that I'm watching on the Bay right now.

Nor do I....I actually like the stock shaft a bit

I don't think the stock shaft is all that whippy. I just think it has a really low kick point, which could easily come across as whippy when you are waggling it around. I had the same high ball flight that others have had until I swapped in a shaft with a high kick point. Helped immensely.

stop playin'....this will be in your bag faster than you can say 'tater tots'

I finally got to hit this driver at a golf shop during lunchtime today. I only got to hit it with the stock shaft in 10.5 degrees of loft because there were other people waiting on the simulator. I got about 10 swings in. I really liked the weighting of the club, as well as how it set up behind the ball. In terms of performance, I found that I was hitting it high on the face a lot, and that was resulting in really high launch angles and spin over 3000 rpm. It felt better when I took the tee height down a slight bit and still was able to keep the launch angle up around 14 degrees. I don't put a ton of stock into simulators, but even on shots that weren't down the middle, the misses were still very playable. That's a big thing to me, as sometimes with the Classic I struggle with huge misses. Ball speed was also comparable to my current driver with good swings. I may go back to that shop and try out some different shafts since they have a Callaway fitting cart, if I don't pull the trigger on a certain setup that I'm watching on the Bay right now.

I saw that certain set up on the bay too. Its got the Tmex shaft in it.

I will punch you in the babymaker if you steal that. Actually, there are a few on the Bay with that shaft, and you know that I had success with that shaft in the R11 last year.

I will punch you in the babymaker if you steal that. Actually, there are a few on the Bay with that shaft, and you know that I had success with that shaft in the R11 last year.

hehe I saw the same thing

Umm, I have a 3wood coming because I love them and I want to spend more time with this one. Wtf is wrong with me?

haha don't worry Im not pondering that set up. There are a few of them on the bay though, I was surprised actually.

Umm, I have a 3wood coming because I love them and I want to spend more time with this one. Wtf is wrong with me?

don't use the stock headcover. It left some scratches on breezy's 3W

and lefty. They always do things backwards

Is the 3metallic headcover that different from the driver? I like the driver headcover. I think Breezy was doing it wrong.

Is the 3metallic headcover that different from the driver? I like the driver headcover. I think Breezy was doing it wrong.

not sure. But he showed me the crown and there were a bunch of scratches on in. Not nearly as bad as Chunky's sky marks though

not sure. But he showed me the crown and there were a bunch of scratches on in. Not nearly as bad as Chunky's sky marks though

Ah the interesting marks on top of his FIT.

Scratches are inevitable but sky marks drive me nuts.

I will be pissed if the headcover scratches my TA head! I use a THP Daphnes cover on my drivers but had to use the stock headcover on the FIT and R11s or they wont fit in the bag together during this shootout lol.

Back