What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won 3 and 2 in (9 hole) league play tonight. I also beat my opponent by 5 strokes in the stroke play scoring. I was having a decent round and he was having a lot of problems. If I hadn't blown up on a couple of holes I probably would have scored a personal best tonight.

Highlight of the round was probably an awesome bounce that I got off the cart path on a par-3 that left me with a 15-footer for birdie (which I then missed) when I expected to be searching the weeds. I'll take all the breaks I can get!

Ken

Today I shot my career low round on the Mountain course at my club from the grizzley tees. They play at Par 70, 6400 yards and 70.9/143 its a bit of a challenge and I was playing great today.

I got sloppy in the middle for a bit that cost me a really low score and doubled 18 for a somewhat disapointing 39-42-81 but still my l lowest round from those tee's on that course.

Again I just had 0 birdies and that is what is costing me right now. I had 6 tap in pars but thats not good enough, I need some of those birdie putts to fall, but I was putting well so thats ok. My chipping and pitching needs a lot of work and that will be my focus for the next few months.

I should also say that this round took my HC to a career low 8.6

Way to go breezey! I hope I can come visit you one day.

Today I shot my career low round on the Mountain course at my club from the grizzley tees. They play at Par 70, 6400 yards and 70.9/143 its a bit of a challenge and I was playing great today.

I got sloppy in the middle for a bit that cost me a really low score and doubled 18 for a somewhat disapointing 39-42-81 but still my l lowest round from those tee's on that course.

Again I just had 0 birdies and that is what is costing me right now. I had 6 tap in pars but thats not good enough, I need some of those birdie putts to fall, but I was putting well so thats ok. My chipping and pitching needs a lot of work and that will be my focus for the next few months.

That's a good day Breezey. Especially with a double to finish. It's really awesome that you can find points of weakness and that need improvement during a round of 81.

Way to go breezey! I hope I can come visit you one day.

That's a good day Breezey. Especially with a double to finish. It's really awesome that you can find points of weakness and that need improvement during a round of 81.
Thanks gents it was a good day. Thainer I would love to have you here for a round or three.

Congrats on the HC drop buddy! Good job!

We need to get you a seemore....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great round Jman, youll be under in no time!

Thanks Thain! I'm getting there. Gotta get more consistent off the tee still. The putting and 125 and in practice is paying off though.

Id like to see a round where you solely hit three wood off the tee. Just interested..
Thanks Thain! I'm getting there. Gotta get more consistent off the tee still. The putting and 125 and in practice is paying off though.

Id like to see a round where you solely hit three wood off the tee. Just interested..

Or lots of irons. Well for Jman a hybrid. But still, it's helped me a lot.

Nice round Jman, you're playing some great golf right now. Do you think its solely your tee game thats stoping you from going really low right now?

I need to do it, I really do. I murder the 3+ and it rolls forever. I've started using it alot more, I just need to try an all 3w round one time for grins.

Thats what I was thinking!

How many times in a round(especially the one you just played), that you NEEDED that driver distance? How many times where you didnt need the driver distance, did it cost you a stroke, or two?

I need to do it, I really do. I murder the 3+ and it rolls forever. I've started using it alot more, I just need to try an all 3w round one time for grins.

Nice round Jman, you're playing some great golf right now. Do you think its solely your tee game thats stoping you from going really low right now?
Thanks Breezy!

I'd say it's 80% of it. Heck, it cost me 2 ob's today and at LEAST 3 strokes because of that. Outside of it it's the 125 and in, I'm really focused on that right now though, the no wrist break shots with a club or two more than normal are becoming deadly weapons for me. My PW from 120 with that shot was great to me today.

Thats what I was thinking!

How many times in a round(especially the one you just played), that you NEEDED that driver distance? How many times where you didnt need the driver distance, did it cost you a stroke, or two?

I hear ya completely, it's definitely hurt more times than been a necessity. I've come a long way though, I used to NEVER pull a 3w on the tee out of greed and fear. I've stopped trying to be long off the tee though, I know if I just put myself in play I can score. I'm getting there mentally, THAT (mental) might be my biggest hang up right now.

I played perfectly, ball went exactly where i aimed.

I just can't aim.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

44/37=81 not sure how to get the slow starts under control, had 4 bad bounces on the first 3 holes and that pretty well set the pattern for the front side. 3 doubles and 2 bogeys on the front. 3 bogeys and 2 birds on the back. 30 putts were more a product of missing greens rather than good putting, I missed 3 birdies within 10 feet. It was just a really strange day. All three of my playing partners had very rough days so mine looked good in compairson.

Just curious cuz slow starts seem to plague me too more often than not but do you have a pre-round routine or just showing up slightly before tee-off?

I probably should warm up on the driving range but I tend to spend the time chipping and putting before my round.

8_2_12Cimarron18.jpg

74! 28 Putts! And that was with a freaking 3-jack and a DOUBLE to end the round.

It was such a good day, the mFGP2 was on fire and I got up and down when I needed it and minimized the damages of the two OB tee shots pretty decently. What a great day of golf! Even in 109*!

Holy smokes, great shooting, Jman! I can only dream about those kind of numbers!

Holy smokes, great shooting, Jman! I can only dream about those kind of numbers!

Thanks man! It's been a long haul to get there, it can be done (it can also disappear the next round too! Hahahaha)

I played perfectly, ball went exactly where i aimed.

I just can't aim.

~Joseph~
Via Tapatalk.

lol i know how that feels. "but i'm aiming straight at it!" "yeah, straight at the trap to the right."

From the back tee, but I practically ran trough the course in 2 hours 20 minutes, and it showed in my putts, I missed something like 8, 3 feet par putts, and a couple of easy birdie putts...still, a decent round.

screenshot20120803at924.png

79. Yesterday. First time playing with the new burner 2.0's. Talk about inconsistency. Last 4 rounds- 88, 74, 89, 79!

39/40 for a 79. 3 birdies and 9/13 fairways hit. The 33 putts killed me.

thats no fun... you should challenge yourself! i love playing hard courses!!!!

I agree with that. I'm not going to make the Sr. Tour, so I'm just having fun, challenging myself. Score isn't the only thing that matters.

I've always enjoyed interesting courses. The only time I hate a hard course is when it's just long, bland and ugly. With one exception - SandBarrens in NJ. Too much sand in too many places. That just wasn't fun having every leak roll into sand.

I used to frequently play a course named Penn Oaks in Penn. Loved it even though it was fairly tight with dense trees lining most fairways. Score was always below my avg. but punching a 2-iron through the trees, fading up the fairway was always a thrill.

Played a (boring) pro-am today. Shot +4, 75. First round in almost two weeks after being injured and then ill. Game was OK still, just need to be sharper and more focused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back