what part of your game are you working on?

I have been working on my long irons as of late. I stepped back a tee and my accuracy with the long irons definitely is not a good as when I'm hitting wedges and short irons to par4 greens. My shorts irons have no issues so now the work begins to get these long ones more respectable.

I have been working on my long irons as of late. I stepped back a tee and my accuracy with the long irons definitely is not a good as when I'm hitting wedges and short irons to par4 greens. My shorts irons have no issues so now the work begins to get these long ones more respectable.

Seriously I think behind improving my short game a bunch, learning to hit long irons well is the best thing that has happened to my golf game. It makes it so much easier. I think I hit my 4 iron off of every par 4 under 400 yards.

I have been working on putting putting putting... Last weekend I hit 4 straight GIRs and 3 putted two of them.. Just can't happen, I need to get closer to the hole with my long putts and start converting more 8-10 footers.

should be working harder on my short game, but right now it's the full swing that is perplexing me.

I've read and tried to copy hogan's fundamentals step by step, and when I hit the ball in my garage I feel like I get a nice in-to-out motion, hit the inside of the ball and strike it well. Out on the course however, all my divots are out-to-in and it feels like my swing is out-to-in and i'm not sure what i'm doing differently. I don't know if it's a grip issue, if i'm pulling my hips to the left when I shift to start the down swing and it's getting me off line causing to cut across the ball; I'm genuinely befuddled.

I can hit the ball high and straight with my short irons, but long irons and woods all go right, sometimes it's a nice little slight cut, other times it's a big booming fade. Not sure at the moment. could be grip, could be setup/alignment, could be who knows. And that's the part that makes it suck, is when you're not sure because then you start thinking to much and getting in your own way.

Trying not to get too pissed off from playing poor which leads to drinking to many Lime Margaritas. Those little cans with the 8 proof alcohol will kick ya arse :bulgy-eyes:

Trying not to get too pissed off from playing poor which leads to drinking to many Lime Margaritas. Those little cans with the 8 proof alcohol will kick ya arse :bulgy-eyes:

Hey OG there is nothing wrong with those things, they are tasty haha

Need to get my irons dialed in only hitting 38% of greens and get my putting average down from 34 to 30.

livin' on sponge cake, watchin' the sun bake

Still working on rebuilding my swing across all clubs. Finding that for all of these years, I have never hit the ball anywhere close to right. Its coming around, I am now able to diagnose what I do wrong when a swing goes bad, number of bad shots is steadily dropping and shots that make me smile is increasing. Main issue I am still having is getting them fat, but even those are slimming down nicely. Still get a number thin, but moving the ball back in my stance has REALLY helped that. Working with long irons (3 & 4) trying to squeeze some more distance and accuracy out of them.

Keeping my knee flex on the take away with the driver so I get a proper pivot. Using the ball under the foot drill and it's paying off

I'm working on resting. I think I played 6000 holes last week in 1000* temps

I've been to the range 3 days in a row to try and master my 56* wedge , Its either the good the bad or the ugly with that club and the ugly pokes it's head out when strokes count. I cannot commit to a full swing with it most times and give up on the swing at ball contact by not following thru the shot and then when i do follow thru the ball goes a mile ..lol. I've got to build alot of confidence in the club or it gets taken out of the bag ..

I have been working on my short game, specifically bunker and pitching. Unfortunately, courses around me don't have great short game practice areas which makes it more difficult to practice those things. I never understand why courses don't take better care of their short game practice areas, specifically their practice bunkers. They look like they haven't they haven't been properly maintained for years.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR GAME...
By simply going to the putting green and putting nothing but 3-4 footers over and over and over and over again. I was severely lacking in my putting confidence and spent about an hour just doing only 3 foot putts...since this 1 hour...I've been shooting much more consistently and have been averaging about 4 strokes less per round...so, hopefully my handicap will be headed to single digits soon!The other thing I have been working on is narrowing my stance on my driver shots. I can hit the ball 320 yards when I really crank on it (but, it's not consistent and I swing out of my shoes - like Bubba Watson). Been focusing on hitting 280 yards, but always in the fairway. But, easily the biggest bang for your buck is practicing 3-4 foot putts...it actually has helped out my long putting game, as well.

In my bag

Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood TP Matrix Ozik RUL 70 Shaft[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] Flex XS
:taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Swing Speed: 117
Handicap: 12

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH YOU CAN IMPROVE YOUR GAME...
By simply going to the putting green and putting nothing but 3-4 footers over and over and over and over again. I was severely lacking in my putting confidence and spent about an hour just doing only 3 foot putts...since this 1 hour...I've been shooting much more consistently and have been averaging about 4 strokes less per round...so, hopefully my handicap will be headed to single digits soon!The other thing I have been working on is narrowing my stance on my driver shots. I can hit the ball 320 yards when I really crank on it (but, it's not consistent and I swing out of my shoes - like Bubba Watson). Been focusing on hitting 280 yards, but always in the fairway. But, easily the biggest bang for your buck is practicing 3-4 foot putts...it actually has helped out my long putting game, as well.

In my bag

Driver: :taylormade: Superfast 2.0 (10.5°)/ Matrix Ozick XCon-4.8 Flex S
Fairway Metals: :taylormade: Rocketballz Tour 3 Wood TP Matrix Ozik RUL 70 Shaft[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT] Flex XS
:taylormade: R11 5 Wood / Blur by Fujikura Flex S
Irons: :taylormade: TP MB 4-PW
Gap Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT C-C Wedge Gap, Nippon N.S. Pro 1050 GH 50° Extra Stiff/Strong
Sand Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, FST KBS Hi-REV 54° (12° Bounce)
Lob Wedge: :taylormade: TM TP xFT, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH 60° (10° Bounce)
Putter: :odyssey: 2Ball SRT White Hot XG - Belly Putter
Ball: Titleist Pro V1X
Swing Speed: 117
Handicap: 12

You can go to settings in the top right corner of your screen and then go to edit signature. You'll be able to put your WITB there and it's a helluva lot easier that way!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

I'm really working on getting off the tee and having a playable shot. I get so dang frustrated when I flare it and either have a lost ball or unplayable. Need to hit more fairways PERIOD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm really working on getting off the tee and having a playable shot. I get so dang frustrated when I flare it and either have a lost ball or unplayable. Need to hit more fairways PERIOD!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I hear you brother... story of my life. Recently I have gone to hitting my 3w off most tees; I can live with 20 yards shorter if in the FW.

I hear you brother... story of my life. Recently I have gone to hitting my 3w off most tees; I can live with 20 yards shorter if in the FW.

As much as hitting a 3wd off the tee would be a smarter move, I just can't do it. I have to hit the driver until I figure it out! Damn stubbornness of mine!!

Just checked out the Walker Course layout and scorecard. I'm going to need to up my driver's accuracy to score there. At least on some of the holes.

Just checked out the Walker Course layout and scorecard. I'm going to need to up my driver's accuracy to score there. At least on some of the holes.

Do you have any specific drills you're working on? I know I'm always looking for help.

Do you have any specific drills you're working on? I know I'm always looking for help.

No, not really. My biggest issue is not closing the face at impact. I'm just going to tweak my grip a bit and go from there.

Another on me of my problems is that I barely hit the range anymore, so it's tough to practice driver without worrying about going OB or whatnot. I end up trying to steer the golf ball. I need to go to the range and work there for a bit until I get it worked out.

should be working harder on my short game, but right now it's the full swing that is perplexing me.

I've read and tried to copy hogan's fundamentals step by step, and when I hit the ball in my garage I feel like I get a nice in-to-out motion, hit the inside of the ball and strike it well. Out on the course however, all my divots are out-to-in and it feels like my swing is out-to-in and i'm not sure what i'm doing differently. I don't know if it's a grip issue, if i'm pulling my hips to the left when I shift to start the down swing and it's getting me off line causing to cut across the ball; I'm genuinely befuddled.

I can hit the ball high and straight with my short irons, but long irons and woods all go right, sometimes it's a nice little slight cut, other times it's a big booming fade. Not sure at the moment. could be grip, could be setup/alignment, could be who knows. And that's the part that makes it suck, is when you're not sure because then you start thinking to much and getting in your own way.

I think I figured it out *knocks furiously on hardwood counter*. Took some videos of my swing and I could see a hitch on the start of the downswing. I was going hips-hands-shoulders which was causing my hands to go out front and go on an out to in swing path across my body instead of staying behind the shoulders and following down the plane.

Still reading Rotella, mental work is becoming huge for me.

On course though I'm really starting to focus on shots from 125 and in. I love my FULL shots with my SCOR's (even the 57) but I can't help but realize I need to work on more options from different yardages for different lies. Played a nice little "no wrist break" PW shot from 125 into a green twice today and they were things of beauty. I really like the "no wrist" wedge shots quite a bit it seems.

Tell me more about your technique here...I'm looking at my wedge play as a huge source of lost opportunities lately and I'd love to find something to increase my consistency under 125.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

Back