Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you didn't miss right with it any more than your other driver at the outing.

I'm not sure how to take that :beat-up:

--
Tapatalk2

Oh yeah. And I almost forgot that it is the best sounding and most menacing looking driver on the market. I pulled the i20 out on the first tee once and the old man I was playing along side had to take a time out to change his Depends. It's like Darth Vader's helmet on a stick!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

TC, you should get the i20 driver dude.

TC, you should get the i20 driver dude.

Oh yeah? I trust in War.

It is attractive. I did hit it well. Is it weird that I enjoyed it with the stock shaft?

Oh yeah? I trust in War.

It is attractive. I did hit it well. Is it weird that I enjoyed it with the stock shaft?

No, its a perfect match. Super low spin head and a high launch shaft. It's bliss dude.

--
Tapatalk2

Oh yeah? I trust in War.

Dude, we very well know PING puts some serious R&D into picking the right shaft for their clubs. Moreso than alot of companies IMO (that don't OWN a shaft company that is LOL)

Oh yeah? I trust in War.

But which stock shaft? The PX Black or the Ping TFC stock shaft? From what I hear they are vastly different shafts.

Holy crap my irons have been deadly accurate lately, but I've lost some distance with my S300s. I want something that will launch it higher. Maybe KBS Tour S.

But which stock shaft? The PX Black or the Ping TFC stock shaft? From what I hear they are vastly different shafts.

I'd say depends on which loft he's comfy with...

9.5=PX Black
10.5=TFC

I don't even know if I want to take the new R11s to the driving range today. It makes me sick just looking at the stock shaft and I'm afraid it'll put a bad taste in my mouth from the get-go.

I don't even know if I want to take the new R11s to the driving range today. It makes me sick just looking at the stock shaft and I'm afraid it'll put a bad taste in my mouth from the get-go.

??? What's the prob?

??? What's the prob?

The Phenom and I just aren't friends.

I'd say depends on which loft he's comfy with...

9.5=PX Black
10.5=TFC

True and being lefty he hit whatever they had in stock. So who knows since he seems to be chunkyresponding to me. wtt

True and being lefty he hit whatever they had in stock. So who knows since he seems to be chunkyresponding to me. wtt

Just check in when the thread hits page 642 and he's already done a new WITB. Maybe by then he'll have answered you... :alien:

I my as well ponder the Razr X Black 3W. I hit dhjkelly's during our pre-MC round and was blasting it.

I think Deano's affection for purchasing 3Ws rubbed off on me when we went to Sonic.

So uhh yeah the R11s is going back to the shelf until some different shafts get here. I was afraid this would happen if I took it out with the stock shaft and it did. Was miserable. Felt like I was swinging a noodle. Couldn't get the head to catch up no matter what I did. It was quite entertaining.

Also, that may be the worst sounding driver ever made.

So uhh yeah the R11s is going back to the shelf until some different shafts get here. I was afraid this would happen if I took it out with the stock shaft and it did. Was miserable. Felt like I was swinging a noodle. Couldn't get the head to catch up no matter what I did. It was quite entertaining.

Also, that may be the worst sounding driver ever made.

I happen to really like the phenom haha. I do agree with the sound though, not the best

Sucks that the stock shaft doesn't work for you dude. For the sound, try filling it with cotton like Thain did. Or getting it hot melted.

Dude..
I have read online and throughout the net that filling drivers with foam(and cotton balls) is an easy way to completely deaden the sound of a driver. Everyone here knows or should know that the sound is one of the largest factors in determining feel, so seeing as the R11S doesnt feel awesome and sounds terrible, I will be filling it with cotton balls. I will update this thread accordingly.

[video=youtube;fKhpBH-2DdI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKhpBH-2DdI&feature=plcp[/video]
[video=youtube;8-YbO4Dl_Sc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-YbO4Dl_Sc&feature=plcp[/video]

[video=youtube;nMyh356-1nI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMyh356-1nI[/video]

Dude, we very well know PING puts some serious R&D into picking the right shaft for their clubs. Moreso than alot of companies IMO (that don't OWN a shaft company that is LOL)
Which is funny because up until this year i felt they had the worst stock shaft offerings of any of the major OEM's.

Ive always liked Pings stock shaft offering, except for whatever they put in the Rapture wood and Driver lines. Brutal.
Which is funny because up until this year i felt they had the worst stock shaft offerings of any of the major OEM's.

Yeah Thainer I think I'm going to have to do that dude. Holy crap. Did anyone at Taylormade even listen to this driver when they made it or did they just ship it off? It sounds absolutely TERRIBLE.

I honestly thought about taking the stock shaft off at the driving range and just leaving it there. That's how bad I think it is.

Yeah Thainer I think I'm going to have to do that dude. Holy crap. Did anyone at Taylormade even listen to this driver when they made it or did they just ship it off? It sounds absolutely TERRIBLE.

I honestly thought about taking the stock shaft off at the driving range and just leaving it there. That's how bad I think it is.

I hit it twice and sat it down, results were good, but the sound is gawd awful.

if you hate it that badly i'll take it & give it to my dad :p

I hit it twice and sat it down, results were good, but the sound is gawd awful.

Yeah, I was hitting bombs with it at the performance center so I think with the right shaft I'll be able to get past the sound. I was so agitated with the shaft that the sound made me that much more angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back