THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just double checked the date and I know it won't work. For some reason I thought the ST Louis outing was the 15th and the Iowa one was the week after.
I guess this time I bail on you sir Hawk

Lame. I knew you were bluffing.

Lame. I knew you were bluffing.

club championship and anniversary that weekend. I'd become a gelding if I ditched on the 2nd part.

Since I've not been to a THP related event I just had a couple of questions. How does everyone feel about blatent cheating? Is that frowned upon or rewarded? Also, does the first drive I hit on a hole actually count if the reload is already setting on the tee before the first tee shot even lands? I'm just trying to get a sense for how closely you guys follow the USGA Rules or as I like to call them "Suggestions".

I'd say that we are pretty lenient folks. I've benefited from a Breakfast Ball at an outing before lol.

This thread just got awesome. I would love to watch these festivities unfold.

Breezy, Iowa would love to have a handsome Canadian come visit.

club championship and anniversary that weekend. I'd become a gelding if I ditched on the 2nd part.

Hmmm. Become, eh?

:)

Hmmm, so Hawk has benefited from a "Breakfast Ball" at an outing. I'm not sure if that's something that happens on the course or in his room.

I'd say that we are pretty lenient folks. I've benefited from a Breakfast Ball at an outing before lol.

Rumor has it, Albatross Club Members get a breakfast ball. Is that true in Iowa rules? Everybody else has to go with the 1st ball.

Breezy, Iowa would love to have a handsome Canadian come visit.

Hmmm. Become, eh?

:)
I'd love to come but its pretty pricey, when you combine airfare, greens fees and divorce.

Rumor has it, Albatross Club Members get a breakfast ball. Is that true in Iowa rules? Everybody else has to go with the 1st ball.

Just another benefit of being in the AC haha! I will take advantage of that on the front and back 9 hehe

Can I buy two memberships?

I'd love to come but its pretty pricey, when you combine airfare, greens fees and divorce.

Booo.

Alright so after pondering and combining all my thoughts, here's my want to try list:

First thing first is "Any SeeMore putter!!!" I love my FGP and would love to try other SM models.
Ping i20 irons - I love all the feedback in the review thread, I'd love to give these a try.
Cleveland Classic Driver - all versions and shafts
Nike VRS Driver
Bridgestone J40 445 Driver
Adams Speedline Tech Driver
Bridgestone j40 3/5 woods
Cleveland CG Black 3/5 woods
Boccieri 3/5 woods, 3/4 hybrids
Mizuno MP FliHi 4 hybrid iron
Bridgestone j40 3/4 hybrids
Taylormade RBZ 3/4 hybrids (tp/non)
Cleveland CG Black irons
Taylormade ATV 52/60 wedges
Cleveland 588 Black 52/60 wedges
Nike Method Midnight 007 putter

Obviously if it's not all possible to be there I completely understand, just my laundry list!!!

Can I buy two memberships?

Booo.

I'd buy an extra membership for an extra ball!!!

This has all the markings of an epic little event.
I think it became a big event when we were the first group to hit 500 posts! It's going to be freaking huge, dude!

This thread just got awesome. I would love to watch these festivities unfold.
Come join us breezy!

Works for me!

hahaha. OK, you get a pass. But it still is ok with us if you showed up!

Just got confirmation that somebody's gonna cover for me at work on 9/15 & 9/16 so I should be good to go as long as my wife hasn't made plans for us that I've forgotten about. Now to join the Albatross Club to help with gas.

Just got confirmation that somebody's gonna cover for me at work on 9/15 & 9/16 so I should be good to go as long as my wife hasn't made plans for us that I've forgotten about. Now to join the Albatross Club to help with gas.

The wives do get in the way from time to time.

As for competition, I'll throw a few ideas out there. First, have a simple 'team handicap' free for all. Normally, this only works when one team plays another team. In the case of this outing, I think we'd just have to figure out a way to score all teams together. One possible way for that is to simply take a teams 'total' net score, and put it up against every other team.

I also always liked how I played league last year. It was a simple two man team, 20 points given for nine holes of golf. One point for best gross score and one point for best net score per hole. Then one point for total net and one point for total gross. Basically, a best ball format, except if both members of a two man team completely blow a hole, they're only out 2 points.

Another possible (second day) event is to just flight everyone after the first day's scores and go out individual on Sunday.

I'd be happy to help if you want/need it. But if the help requires me to handwrite names on poster board, I'll just caution that my handwriting sucks.

~Rock

I just want to play some golf!

Eff that. I'm going low!

We can have a competition on who loses the least amount of balls. Or, on a really tough hole of risk vs reward, who has the most balls. haha

I would fail horribly at both of those competitions. In fact, it would probably go,

First shot, lay up to reasonable yardage, but instead slice out into the trees. Second shot, take my drop in the rough, and duck hook the thing to the trees on the other side.

~Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back