Round 1 Coverage - 2012 Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - The Morgan Cup

Sucks I am going to miss this all 3 days. Thank god for the DVD.

Missed the Media day coverage and now I'm missing all the round coverage. I could quit my job, but then I wouldn't be able to afford internet. So I guess I have to wait for the DVD to see anything.

Please don't do that. THP has worked extremely hard to get this done for all of us, and has been nice enough to put it in dvd format for us. It may not be fun to wait, but a lot of hard work went in to producing this and to record because you don't want to wait would not be the thing to do.

I guess I don't quite understand why it would be wrong for me to record something(for my own use only) that is being broadcast for free.
I don't get the opportunity to watch it because I am at work at that time. I completely understand all the hard work that has be put in to producing the dvd.
At any rate, if I am off base with my thoughts here and the powers that be don't think I should be recording this, I will not do it.....and no hard feelings about having to wait for the dvd.

Missed the Media day coverage and now I'm missing all the round coverage. I could quit my job, but then I wouldn't be able to afford internet. So I guess I have to wait for the DVD to see anything.
lol same here, darn work!!!

I guess I don't quite understand why it would be wrong for me to record something(for my own use only) that is being broadcast for free.
I don't get the opportunity to watch it because I am at work at that time. I completely understand all the hard work that has be put in to producing the dvd.
At any rate, if I am off base with my thoughts here and the powers that be don't think I should be recording this, I will not do it.....and no hard feelings about having to wait for the dvd.

Let's put it like this, you shouldn't record it. Trust me when I say the DVD will be worth waiting.

Im not going to tell someone what to do. That is up to them if they want to record it. I do feel as though we gave out a ton of lead in on when it would be broadcasted. We also went a step further and have said for those that cannot watch it during the streaming we will have a DVD for them to purchase for very little. Heck Albatross Club members can purchase it for less than $7 I believe.

If someone would rather do it there way, its totally up to them.

Chunkyresponding to ddec's question. I had said all along on the trash talk thread that my first match would go 18. After TC/Tmex went 10 under in the practice round and my partner had an "interesting" practice round where he was "working things out" I was a bit nervous. Then early in the match Versace turns to me and says something like watch me hit this little draw (I hadn't seen a right to left ball flight from either of us in days at this point). He hits it just like he had planned and I knew it was going to be a real good match. I was very nervous the first four or five holes but settled down after that. TC and Tmex were so relaxed and made that round so much fun. The bearded one can play some golf and his coaching background makes him a terrific teammate. Most fun I have ever had on a golf course.

Great thoughts teammate!!! I agree. Most fun I have ever had on a course in a match... no contest. If I could split fairways like Howzizle, I'd probably be about a 2 handi hahaha. It was a super pairing by capt. ddec and a priceless match.

Sad that I missed the end of coverage today. Some stuff came up. Hopefully I'll be able to watch it all tomorrow.

Chunkyresponding to ddec's question. I had said all along on the trash talk thread that my first match would go 18. After TC/Tmex went 10 under in the practice round and my partner had an "interesting" practice round where he was "working things out" I was a bit nervous. Then early in the match Versace turns to me and says something like watch me hit this little draw (I hadn't seen a right to left ball flight from either of us in days at this point). He hits it just like he had planned and I knew it was going to be a real good match. I was very nervous the first four or five holes but settled down after that. TC and Tmex were so relaxed and made that round so much fun. The bearded one can play some golf and his coaching background makes him a terrific teammate. Most fun I have ever had on a golf course.

Versace was awesome all weekend. I was part of the interesting round and he sure did work some things out!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Versace was awesome all weekend. I was part of the interesting round and he sure did work some things out!

hahahahah. Sorry my dude. I wasn't sandbagging entirely during the practice round. I was working on speeding up my transition and rotation, which caused me to spray the ball all over creation. I just felt like I needed to dial some things in mechanically, pretty much ignoring score and shot completely hahaha. Howzat looked alittle pissed and or nervous on the first tee and I let him in on my little secret hahahha. Not sure he believed me until I pulled out my baby draw on one of the early holes.

I'm beyond depressed I missed the coverage today. And a staff meeting tomorrow literally the whole time it's on then. If I don't get to see Wednesday action I don't know what I'll do.

Im not going to tell someone what to do. That is up to them if they want to record it. I do feel as though we gave out a ton of lead in on when it would be broadcasted. We also went a step further and have said for those that cannot watch it during the streaming we will have a DVD for them to purchase for very little. Heck Albatross Club members can purchase it for less than $7 I believe.

If someone would rather do it there way, its totally up to them.

All the lead time in the world would not change my work schedule.
Like I said...No problem, I won't even try to record it....and I will be ordering the DVD as soon as it is available.

hahahahah. Sorry my dude. I wasn't sandbagging entirely during the practice round. I was working on speeding up my transition and rotation, which caused me to spray the ball all over creation. I just felt like I needed to dial some things in mechanically, pretty much ignoring score and shot completely hahaha. Howzat looked alittle pissed and or nervous on the first tee and I let him in on my little secret hahahha. Not sure he believed me until I pulled out my baby draw on one of the early holes.

Not going to lie dude, I was worried for you lol. Then you go and eat faces. Tomorrows coverage is going to be absolutely epic. The IN/Yorkem vs JB/Jake match could be felt from 9 holes back. It sounded incredible! My match was tight and at the same time hilarious. Gosh I hope there is some footage of that

Not going to lie dude, I was worried for you lol. Then you go and eat faces. Tomorrows coverage is going to be absolutely epic. The IN/Yorkem vs JB/Jake match could be felt from 9 holes back. It sounded incredible! My match was tight and at the same time hilarious. Gosh I hope there is some footage of that

hahahahhaah. Thanks bud. It seriously is going to be crazy. We could hear the roars of the gallery from our match too. Lots of ups and downs in our match too, and like you some funny (read dumb) shots hahaa

Seeing the JB/Breezy match against TBT/Seth make it to 17 surprised me.

Our match was as good as I thought it would be making it to the 18th.

Smalls/Hanks taking Yorkem/Tyno all the way to 17 surprised me some as well.

There were some matches on Saturday afternoon & Sunday that blew me away which I can't wait for the forum to get to see over the next few days.
Thanks, cookie! Hanks and I gave it our all, but yorkem and tyno played very well together. It was a good match most of the way, but we didn't have anything left for them at the end. They were great together.

Well, I just went through just about every post through 1:00 so I could see everyone's responses to the coverage. I caught some of it on my phone but couldn't post at the same time. SOOOOO glad everyone enjoyed watching us play, and I agree with everyone that the coverage was AMAZING. It was as if the volunteers had been doing this for years, they were totally prepared out there. JB and GG did an amazing job putting everything together, it ran so smoothly it is hard to believe that this was not done by film professionals. It is clear they truly had it in their hearts to make this the best coverage that this entire forum deserved. I can't wait to get the DVD so I can see all the coverage, I only caught a little bit here and there today. Tomorrow shouldnt be as busy so I hope I catch more. If any of the other matches in round 2 were near as good as what me/Yorkem Vs. JB/P4B is then you DEFINITELY dont want to miss tomorrow. Its kinda a bummer that Jakes interview from the 18th tee will not be in the coverage because I couldn't hold my gatorade in a little longer.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words about my round, it was a blast playing with Biggsy, SW, and One-T. It was such a fun match all the way through and we kept throwing great shots back and forth at each other. If One-T and I could have sank a putt we would have been golden. Maybe someday we can get a rematch ;-)

Ary....you looked like you were have fun out there and on video seem to be a perfect gentlemen on the course. I can see why people like playing a round of golf with you.

I like it because I can ride coattails

I played with him at the outing and he is so laid back it's not even funny.

All of you are very kind. ddec is an awesome partner, I was so relaxed in that pairing. Believe me, under the surface I can get nervous at times while playing golf, especially if the ball isn't going where it should go. But every single guy down there was a perfect gentleman, it was awesome. Nate, I'd love to tee it up with you someday.

All of you are very kind. ddec is an awesome partner, I was so relaxed in that pairing. Believe me, under the surface I can get nervous at times while playing golf, especially if the ball isn't going where it should go. But every single guy down there was a perfect gentleman, it was awesome. Nate, I'd love to tee it up with you someday.

hahahahah dude, you don't get nervous. Stop it. Just stop. You save people's LIVES for a living my man. And you swing the sticks well bro. And are you around this weekend to play? Jessica is going to DC so I get to play golf hahaha.

Gottdang I can't wait for tomorrow. We had some very entertaining holes out there.

hahahahah dude, you don't get nervous. Stop it. Just stop. You save people's LIVES for a living my man. And you swing the sticks well bro. And are you around this weekend to play? Jessica is going to DC so I get to play golf hahaha.

I'll send you a PM not to clutter up this thread.

Missed today and going to miss all day tomorrow most likely. So glad there will be a DVD released as live coverage is hard to get to.

JB any chance of getting any of it in higher than SD? I'd host a bit torrent HD version of the DVD for those that purchase it. Could make it password protected etc and so forth.

I was just thinking back to watching this today and remembered the big laugh my coworker had during cookies intro over the "he cheats" comment from GG.

Looking forward to seeing Caledonia again tomorrow, such a beautiful course.

Missed today and going to miss all day tomorrow most likely. So glad there will be a DVD released as live coverage is hard to get to.

JB any chance of getting any of it in higher than SD? I'd host a bit torrent HD version of the DVD for those that purchase it. Could make it password protected etc and so forth.

Not for this year. It was shot in SD despite using our HD cameras. With this much footage being shot, it was more about capacity.

Back