What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I played the Callaway Hex Black for the first time, Best ball I've played in a long time, I only lost one today and it was because I didn't track it well. I am so happy with this ball and I got the spin I wanted, the trajectory and it was a great ball to play. I think I may have found my ball thanks Ernie els

Played a Pro V1 for the first time. I had a problem at Golf Town and when they fixed it they threw me a couple sleeves. Anyway, the last Titleist ball I played was an NXT, which I never really liked.
Pro V1 was long soft and did what you would expect a tour ball to do. I had some old TP Blacks and I hit them on a couple holes just to compare. They seem to play about the same. Nice balls but I can find something I like for a little less money.

Played the Hex Black, absolutely love the feel of this ball. For the last 4 holes I duo played a maxfli u4x that I got for free from GG. Just does not compare to the feel of the Black.

E-7 wind was blowing big time.
I can keep this ball low.

Played with a ProV1 for half the round, and a Penta TP5 that I found with "f**k you" written on the side in blue sharpie hahaha!

Found it the other night and simply had to put it in play.

tried out a cally hex chrome i found on a hole for a while.. 'til i put it into the water, with a 300+yrd drive :)bananadance:) it was pretty good, nice and straight. if i didn't have so many balls, i'd be all over a few dozen of these...

Playing the Hex and gotta say I'm absolutely loving these balls. Played the Penta for most the year and some Bridgestones but this ball is like none I've ever played. Unreal distance off the tee and perfect spin around the greens. Will spend $45 a doze after I go through my three dozen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Switched to the ZStar EV and really enjoying it, even more than the regular ZStar. Not as much spin off the driver is giving me a nicer ball flight and I still get the control I want around the greens.

first 7 holes I played with a chromax metallica man I love that ball but I tugged it into the junk and it wasn't shiny enough to recover it.
2nd ball was a srixon qstar xv or something. it lasted the rest of the round and yellow was hard to lose on this course

I played the Callaway Hex Black Tour today for the first time today. Like a lot of people, I bought a dozen when they went on sale after Ernie's win.

I usually play a ProV1x and I was really impressed with how they performed. It was super windy today and I really like how it performed in the wind. I didn't have a chance to do a true comparison, but I feel like I don't hit the Black as high as the ProV1x, which is a good thing. It could just be my imagination though.

Nike 20XI-S, and I really liked it. I really had no interest in trying this ball because I found their advertising campaign for it sort of annoying with the "rubber was rzn is" or whatever they were saying. Nevertheless, Dick's had a promo going where they would give you a sleeve of 2 of these balls for trying on any shoes with Lunarlon insets. I picked up some of the Lunar Ascend shoes, and got some of these balls for free. I had low expectations, but I was really hammering the ball off the tee with a big power fade. Compresses really well off the driver face. I don't typically play premium spin balls because I have trouble controlling them. My last experiment with this was the Maxfli U/4x- wouldn't buy them again but that's just me. They would tend to spin off and go bad places and had too much spin for me on approach shots or pitches. I certainly pulled/pushed a few with the Nike balls but that was my fault. They fit my game much better and mostly tended to end up where I aimed them and behaved a little better for me on the greens. Really great ball around the greens and unlike many of the other premium balls out there, they didn't feel "soft" to me off the putter face. Sort of a firm feel to them. I usually play bridgestone B-330RX, I think the Nike felt/performed pretty similar with a bit more spin. I'm thinking of picking up a dozen now, you got me Nike.

TF Gamer v2 and TF D2 Feel. First round with the GamerV2 and undecided so far as I didn`t have a good ball striking day. Will put it in play again later this week after new a12os set arrives. D2 Feel is my old reliable go to ball and I know how it performs.

I played a new sleeve of Titleist DT Solos & really liked them. Distance was nice but with plenty of feel around the green for me.

Normally I play the Hex Black ball but today I played a ProV1x for 9 holes and the ProV1 for the other 9. I found that V1 to be WAY more durable compared to the V1x. Is this normal? After 9 my V1x was beat up pretty badly and the V1 was nearly perfect.

I've got a few ProV1's lingering in the bag found around the course so I put one in play again today. No doubt about it, it's a solid ball with ideal spin.

RXS again. And again I've got nothing but praise

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

RXS again. And again I've got nothing but praise

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

I played the same this morning, and I don't remember it being this good. Seriously good.

Played a Callaway Tour is in outing yesterday. Lasted the whole round. Threaded the needle on some pretty tight holes. Was 5 yards behind the marker on the "longest drive" hole and much closer to the middle. Banged it off a pine tree late in the round. I did use a Maxfli Distance + ball on a couple par 3's over water. The first hole of the day with the wind, hit an 8 iron pin high that bounced & rolled just off the back of the green. The second time, which was the next to last hole of the day, was about 110 yards into the wind. Hit it a mile high and I thought it would fall short into the water. It came down and plugged 4 feet short of the pin, dead online. Sure would have liked to get a single bounce there...

I played the same this morning, and I don't remember it being this good. Seriously good.

Dual dimple, soft cover, easily compressable, this ball has it all

tapp tapp tapp tappatalk

Played the Callaway Hex Black today and it performed great. Distance and accuracy was good and the ball was checking up nicely on the greens. Had really good feel with the ball around and on the green today which is something I struggled with when I first started using this ball. Had one of my best rounds going until the 15th hole when I lost my drive a little right and hit a cart path. Ball bounced deep into the woods. Bad break as the ball was only about 10 yards off the fairway.

Played the B330 and it was awesome. a lot straighter on iron shots and I picked up a few yards. Keep the RX as a winter ball and the B330 will be my gamer. Liked it better than the Nike One Tour D which has been my favorite ball up until this point.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Hex Black....

Me likey.

Hex Black....

Me likey.

You like it more than the I(z)??? I thought that the ball was the best they've put out. The I(s) was great too.

You like it more than the I(z)??? I thought that the ball was the best they've put out. The I(s) was great too.

I think they are so similar with the edge going to the Black. The durability is about the same, performance is close with the Black much better on feel shots, but the Black just feels so much better overall and especially off the putter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back