Can Rory pass Jack?

With the depth of the modern day fields and 16 different winner over the past 4 years, I'm gonna say No. Sure he is the **youngest, during the tiger era. Too many talented players for one man to
Dominate the way Jack and TW did.

Maybe. But 18 is a big number. The fields are tougher. And Rory has shown the ability to shat the bed or disappear.

This is the world we now live in, instant comparisons. When/if he gets to 6 we can talk about it.

It feels like we as a sports community can never be satisfied with "really good". Everybody has to be "the greatest of all time". Is it so awful if Rory wins 5 majors and that's all? Why does he have to be instantly compared to Jack. How about we let him win a third.

He has all the talent in the world, but it is WAY TOO SOON to be having this. I'll start thinking about it when he hits double digits, and then he'll be a little more than halfway there...

Hell no he wont. I'd give him 6 career majors. All for a few simple reasons.

Too much time on twitter
Too much time traveling to be with his girlfriend

And I don't like him

I just don't think you can say for sure where Rory's game is at, at this point. Leading up to the PGA, Rory's game wasn't looking like it was in the best shape. The one thing that I think could hold Rory back is his attention span. He's got a very beautiful girlfriend in Wozniack, and he has already shown that he can be distracted by her. That was one thing that I always admired about Tiger, during his run he was the most focused golfer I've ever seen. I just don't know if Rory has that aspect to his game. And who knows, maybe Rory doesn't need that to win. However, back when Tiger won his 2nd, I don't think anybody even came close to thinking he would go on the run that he went on, that was truly something special.

I think Rory is an incredible golfer, and I think if he plays the way he did this past weekend, there aren't many golfers who can keep up with him.

Now, one thing I wanted to mention, I don't recall Rory every stating that his goal was to break Jack's record either. And if he has, it's not nearly as well known as Tiger's quest to break all of Jack's records. I think you have to have a very different mindset to have the goals that Tiger does.

What I think would be really cool is if Rory and Tiger could have the same type of rivalry that Jack and Tom Watson had, I'd love to see them going head to head on the final day of some majors, especially if they are both playing quality golf.

In a word: No

Agreed, I don't think anyone will ever touch Jack's record. I also think he's number of runner up finishes in majors won't be touched either, especially by Tiger or Rory!!!

Too much time on twitter

And I don't like him

This made me laugh. Hi Kelly!

Im gonna say no

He has the ability but there are far to many talented golfers out there now who can win majors. But in saying that you never know and it will be a joy to watch him try.

When Rory starts winning majors (multiples) with anything except his "A" game, then maybe he'll catch Tiger. Otherwise, I sincerely doubt it.

I'll be rooting for him, just doubt it.

Ask me when he gets to 10 majors.

Sure he can, will he? No.

My guess would be that he reaches double digit in the major count though. Can see him being like Tom Watson in terms of wins.

I'm going to say yes, only because of the way he bounced back after the Masters meltdown. He learned to set a number for each round (especially when in the final round with the lead). That experience will give him a huge advantage going forward.

Too much time on twitter

And I don't like him

This. Love this post.

Too much time on twitter

And I don't like him

Haha I love this Kelly

I skimmed so this may have been said. If Tiger doesn't do it I'm not sure anyone will. Including Rory. At this point I'm not sure Tiger will either.

Is this a serious question?? Is he a great player....sure

But please, it's 2 majors....right now, I don't think he OR Tiger will break Jack's record.

Too much time on twitter

And I don't like him

Now that is funny!

He'll be very wealthy and not focused enough on golf before he passes Jack. I will say that I love his attitude and maturity after he choked on Amen Corner a few years ago. He'll win double digits, but not 19.

The good news is that if he wins one more, he surpasses John Daly who also has 2 major wins.

lol.

I don't know why I found that so hilarious

He has started out young enough to make it possible but as much as I like his swing I don't think he can swing like that for an entire career. I think that power squat move is going to put too much torque on his knee and he is going to be forced to change his swing by the time he's 32. I also think it's a swing that is hard to keep timed perfectly and it's going to fail him a few times when he is in contention. I might be right I might be wrong but only time will tell. I hope he at least makes it close

It is possible, but I doubt he will pass Jack.

Back