** KBS Shafts Official Thread **

Does KBS have a 1-800 number? I have some KBS shafts I need to check the serial numbers on and make sure they are legit. Thanks

They have a regular number?

FEMCO Steel Technology (FST)

1801 13th St., Suite 306
Boulder, CO 80302
Office: 303.444.2226

Maybe this is old news, but I swear I saw Mickleson swinging a KBS Custom in white during "On the Range" on TGC.

Maybe this is old news, but I swear I saw Mickleson swinging a KBS Custom in white during "On the Range" on TGC.

I had thought the same! He does play custom built KBS shafts, so I'm sure it would be easy for them to get him a set in white...which would be awesome.

I had thought the same! He does play custom built KBS shafts, so I'm sure it would be easy for them to get him a set in white...which would be awesome.

Glad I'm not the only one. I wonder if anybody watching the Barclays can get a better view.

Glad I'm not the only one. I wonder if anybody watching the Barclays can get a better view.
Didnt we talk about that a few weeks back? That Mickleson has been gaming the KBS shafts?

Problem is that I haven't seen a PM highlight today but I'll keep my eye out until I have to leave for league.

These were the white pearl customs (I think). Could have been the sunlight.

The white ones? I'm slow I think.

Might be the light, but I don't see any white - this is from today:

150632191-phil-mickelson-watches-his-tee-shot-on-the-gettyimages.jpg

150628263-phil-mickelson-watches-his-tee-shot-on-the-gettyimages.jpg

I'm a Phil homer and i haven't noticed white shafts in his irons. He has the black/white NDMC grips and he has been gaming KBS, but I doubt they're the 130 tours. In fact, I think they're some sort of protos.

I'm a Phil homer and i haven't noticed white shafts in his irons. He has the black/white NDMC grips and he has been gaming KBS, but I doubt they're the 130 tours. In fact, I think they're some sort of protos.

It must have just been a reflection I saw. What I thought I saw looked pretty cool though!

I believe I read somewhere that his KBS shafts are made specifically for him.

I believe I read somewhere that his KBS shafts are made specifically for him.

If I were Phil, my KBS shafts would be made specifically for me too.

Hello,

Hard or Soft stepping is a great way to get the exact fit for your shafts. We also make + flexes that are in between the full flexes.

If you can tell the shaft is slightly too soft or too stiff feeling, then hard or soft step it once. We generally suggest soft stepping a stiffer flex. This will make it feel smoother. Hard stepping also works fine. When deciding which way to go, consider the weight. Do you want the lighter or heavier feel? Then, consider how many times to "step" it. We do not suggest more than twice.

Commonly, we have players that are too strong for the S, but are just under the X in flex. This is perfect for soft stepping the X flex. If any of you have a question for fitting, contact one of our local dealers, or call us direct.

I am not sure what the Pro series is. If you mean the KBS Tour shaft, it is a little higher trajectory and spin rate than the C-Taper shaft. Also, I am not sure what the up charges are for Taylormade. To get the C-Taper in the R11 or other irons, you will see an up charge. For the Tour shaft, you may not see an up charge.

Thanks for the question! - Conrad

This answered my question before I even asked it. I've pretty much convinced myself I would benefit from soft stepping my shafts.

If I were Phil, my KBS shafts would be made specifically for me too.

I mean that I thought they were protos as well....LOL, I'm dumb.

KBS Wins and New Offering!

KBS Wins and New Offering!

Hey THP Members!

Just wanted to give a quick update on this exciting week! KBS C-Taper shafts were used by the winner of the 2012 U.S. Amateur Championship! This historic tournament was at Cherry Hills Country Club just miles from KBS headquarters. Over 40 players trusted KBS shafts at this event, which attracted most of the top amateur players in the world!

This win makes it an "Amateur Sweep" for KBS. Earlier this summer, the winner of the 2012 British Amateur Championship won using KBS Tour shafts throughout his set. Congratulations to both of these talented players!

Also this week, Mizuno officially announced the C-Taper shaft will be offered in their Custom Department beginning September 10th. The C-Taper shaft has had incredible success since being introduced last summer. All major OEMs now offer the C-taper, and it has already claimed multiple PGA TOUR and Web.com Tour wins! That is unprecedented growth for a steel shaft!

Keep in touch with questions. We enjoy talking with you all here!

-CM

Hello KBS. How many steps do kbs tour parallel tips have? I got them put in my irons and the step pattern and number is completely different from the taper tips tours in my ping wedges. I called to confirm the sticker serial number and they appeared legit but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Hello KBS. How many steps do kbs tour parallel tips have? I got them put in my irons and the step pattern and number is completely different from the taper tips tours in my ping wedges. I called to confirm the sticker serial number and they appeared legit but I was just curious.

Thanks in advance!

Jrod, thanks for the question. 15 steps in the parallel and 13 in the taper tip. Enjoy the new clubs!

-CM

It must have just been a reflection I saw. What I thought I saw looked pretty cool though!

Is it possible that it was the satin finish? That's what I've got on my c-tapers and on top of having no glare, they look a bit 'white' - certainly not silver - which might explain it.

Was fit for some Mizuno's and really loved the C-Tapers. Fitter recommended them in x-flex. His other suggestions based on mizzuno's club fitting device were X-100 or PX 6.0s. This seems like a pretty big gap in flex options. Does this sound right?

Should I play and x or a soft stepped x with a 93mph 6 iron swing speed?

Forums such as these seem to say that:
FCM C-Taper X =7.2
FCM X-100 = 6.8
FCM PX 6.0 = 6.5

Looking forward to playing c-tapers, just need some help on the right flex. I live in the bay area and would love a low ball flight to combat the constant wind.

I really like the lightness and response of the Tour 90 shaft, but not available in X stiff? Bummed out!

Back