The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mancations are nice. Atlantic City is going to be awesome in a couple of weeks.

I also have to add that complaining about post requirements for the Morgan Cup is kind of funny.

Mancations are nice. Atlantic City is going to be awesome in a couple of weeks.

I also have to add that complaining about post requirements for the Morgan Cup is kind of funny.

giggity

Nate I don't know who did that to your avatar but I feel less bad about icey shanks right now.

Nate I don't know who did that to your avatar but I feel less bad about icey shanks right now.

I practically snort every time I see his avatar. Brilliance.

Pmoa's is this your dog's mug shot?

arrested-dog.jpg

Been wondering why the banter thread wasn't showing up on Tapaterd...shoulda known!

Tapping till 12-21-2012

This is so much me that it is scary :bulgy-eyes:. A big old country boy who loves to relax and have a good time. Ok TBD we got to be cousins somewhere down the line :thumb:

I wonder if I'm the only person that reads every post in the banter and rant threads. Took me forever to get caught up tonight, been a busy week.

I wonder if I'm the only person that reads every post in the banter and rant threads. Took me forever to get caught up tonight, been a busy week.

You're not alone.

Kevin

Well, I think that's everything. Even squeezed a few hot sauces into the bag. I leave at 5:30 in the morning.

If I'm gone for a weekend, I just skip to the day. Too tempting to write up on old rant and banter that's a few days old if interesting.

If I'm gone for a weekend, I just skip to the day. Too tempting to write up on old rant and banter that's a few days old if interesting.
And then you get the jokers who say, "Nice chunkyresponse." hahaha

Just read that the internet at college is only 1 Mb down. Meh. Hopefully the up speed is good.

I always try. I start off strong but quickly fade into disinterest.

Come to think of it. I should've waited until like Saturday and then quoted/responded to this one.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

My girlfriend and son went for a walk in the woods today and came home with a box they found full of random items. They took it back tonight after chores and now know a new word, Geocache.

Just read that the internet at college is only 1 Mb down. Meh. Hopefully the up speed is good.

That's three times as fast as what you have at the house, Jacob. hehehe

A lot of more relevant threads to catch up on.

Nah, I'm running 1.5 Mb here. Old house: definitely faster than that POS internet.
That's three times as fast as what you have at the house, Jacob. hehehe

Well, I think that's everything. Even squeezed a few hot sauces into the bag. I leave at 5:30 in the morning.

Exciting. Have fun, junior. Having fun is a big part of it. But get to all your classes. With your brains if you keep up, college will be a breeze. If you can take an English class with William Styron as part of the reading, do it. Also, Shakespeare can be really good with the right professor. Creative writing workshops are a blast and if you write anything, they grade easy. Avoid postmodern lit like the plague, as well as all 19th century female English authors. Salinger is incredibly interesting if they teach him, and so is Twain.

Just off the top of my head.

Kevin

Exciting. Have fun, junior. Having fun is a big part of it. But get to all your classes. With your brains if you keep up, college will be a breeze. If you can take an English class with William Styron as part of the reading, do it. Also, Shakespeare can be really good with the right professor. Creative writing workshops are a blast and if you write anything, they grade easy. Avoid postmodern lit like the plague, as well as all 19th century female English authors. Salinger is incredibly interesting if they teach him, and so is Twain.

Kevin

All great suggestions...and from another English major, avoid literary theory like the plague if you can. Seriously.

Thanks Kevin. Yeah, I love Salinger, but it looks like for my first few books we are reading some modern stuff.

I don't know about the brains part, I feel like I am gonna be humbled greatly.

Kevin

Is that where they do deconstruction and try to make everything mean one certain thing?
All great suggestions...and from another English major, avoid literary theory like the plague if you can. Seriously.

Is that where they do deconstruction and try to make everything mean one certain thing?

Not necessarily. Some are like that for sure, but one in particular (whose name I forget, thankfully) used made up words and constantly changing grammar and syntax in order to confuse you...deliberately. According to the professor, it was to get one's mind into a completely different mode to analyze literature. It was a crock of crap.

James Joyce?
Not necessarily. Some are like that for sure, but one in particular (whose name I forget, thankfully) used made up words and constantly changing grammar and syntax in order to confuse you...deliberately. According to the professor, it was to get one's mind into a completely different mode to analyze literature. It was a crock of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back