The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Joyce?

No, he's an actual writer, as you know...this is a literary theorist. Joyce at least had a semblance of plot structure and character development. What I speak of is a literary theorist...not necessarily a writer of novels, but someone who makes their living writing about writing. Ugh.

OOOOOOOhhhhh. THose guys. Yeah, I know what you mean.
No, he's an actual writer, as you know...this is a literary theorist. Joyce at least had a semblance of plot structure and character development. What I speak of is a literary theorist...not necessarily a writer of novels, but someone who makes their living writing about writing. Ugh.

JR... good luck to you amigo

Sounds to me what Nate is talking about is what I called Postmodern lit. The idea that all the stories have been told in the same way, and that literature can be about the form of the writing itself. The process can be the story. Authors like Barthes, Calvino, Borges, Barth, and a few others were what I read many years ago. Some of it was okay, but most of it was confusing and irritating. Combine that with a hippy professor 15 years out from protesting the Vietnam war, and it was a pretty painful experience for me. Too much thinking and discussing.

Kevin

All great suggestions...and from another English major, avoid literary theory like the plague if you can. Seriously.

Is that where they do deconstruction and try to make everything mean one certain thing?

Literary theory...This (spoilers for language)

Spoiler
aeefe5a2-90ac-c636.jpg

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I lol'ed, but may want to put that in spoilers.

Don't know how. I'm Tapatalking.

Tapping till 12-21-2012

I want to, but money is really tight right now, so I doubt it. I may go hit some range balls. The course is right by campus.
4 days to chill, going to play any golf?

A lot of more relevant threads to catch up on.

But relevant to who? The banter and rant threads are my favorite part of the forum. They let me take a look inside the heads of the other THP'ers and get to know them better. A thread on the newest irons from (insert company here) just doesn't interest me at the moment. Since I'm not in the market for them at this time, there's no reason for me to read an entire thread about something I might not ever see or use. But I do know where to find the information if and when I need it.

THP is just too big for me to get involved in everything. So I do what makes me happy, isn't that what's it's all about?

Good luck JR. Colt is right about English btw. I always suspected over-analyzation, lol.

But relevant to who? The banter and rant threads are my favorite part of the forum. They let me take a look inside the heads of the other THP'ers and get to know them better. A thread on the newest irons from (insert company here) just doesn't interest me at the moment. Since I'm not in the market for them at this time, there's no reason for me to read an entire thread about something I might not ever see or use. But I do know where to find the information if and when I need it.

THP is just too big for me to get involved in everything. So I do what makes me happy, isn't that what's it's all about?
I know a lot of info from the Morgan Cup staffers have been posted this past week related to their thoughts on performance and how the gear worked form them during the past few months. But you are right, a lot of banter to catch up on which is much more important and interesting.

I mean, who would want to catch up on golf equipment threads on a golf forum?

I kinda see where he is coming from. I don't really read the new equipment threads myself, simply because I am not capable of making purchases like some of our members, but I talk about other aspects of the game, including tournament threads, golf rulings, and other misc. golf stuff. And yes, I banter like a mad man, because honestly, talking nothing but golf doesn't appeal to me. That's why I'm not a member of a certain other forum. I have a TON of interests, of which golf i a huge part, and THP allows me to talk about those interests with some of the best people I know.

I know a lot of info from the Morgan Cup staffers have been posted this past week related to their thoughts on performance and how the gear worked form them during the past few months. But you are right, a lot of banter to catch up on which is much more important and interesting.

I mean, who would want to catch up on golf equipment threads on a golf forum?

I see you lurking Esox. How are you tonight sir?

I've been trying to be active by posting in Tadashi's distance thread.

Kevin

I just watched Dazed and Confused. Best. Teen. Movie. Ever.

Lets talk movies. I just watched Apocalypse Now Redux. I love that movie.

Is that the documentary by Coppola's wife?

Kevin

I was just locked out of the forum for like 15 minutes. Anybody else? I've been getting a lot of that lately.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back