Once You Go Yellow (or Orange) You Don't Go Back...Do You?

I am the opposite. I had a tough time playing a yellow ball. They just scream at you and it was hard for me to think finesse when I have a golf ball screaming at me.

I can flip flop between either without issues

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Picked up some yellow q stars for 20 bucks off the bay. Putting them in play tomorrow. Been wanting to try some out. Haven't played them since playing yellow top flites about ten years ago

I bought a dozen each of the orange and yellow e6's (been playing the e6 for a while) and most recently the yellow Q-Stars (which I wanted to try last weekend but worked - maybe this weekend).

I prefer the yellow or orange balls over the white for visibility. I actually prefer the yellow balls over the orange, but have a bit of an issue. My typical driver miss is a hook. On my normal course, the driving range plays yellow and white balls, and the range is to the left of the par 5 10th. My first drive on the 10th, you guessed it - I pulled it left and lost it in a sea of yellow balls that had cleared the chain link fence. Took a penalty for a lost ball to play on. I've considered just carrying a sleeve of orange for that one hole.

A guy that plays in our men's association, never loses a ball. He also never marks his ball. I gave him a couple dozen yellow ones and he started playing them without thinking. He has lost more balls in the last two weeks than in the entire time I have known him.

So yeah, I am a big fan of yellow Q-Stars now. :devil:

Yellow - I remember whe they first came out. Bought some. They were easy to find until fall hit and I lost more balls in one day than I have ever in a round.

Played white ever since.

Wish Callaway came out with the Hex Blacks in yellow like they do chromes. I really like playing the Blacks so far this month. Been gaming chromes yellow before that.

I didn't want to go back, until I tried the Callaway Hex Black-I'll be trying out the chrome yellow soon to see if it works

I went yellow, the orange and came back to white. I dont find the colored golf balls to be any easier to spot than the white ones.

i've used both and to me, there's no problem with either one or switching back and forth, just preference i suppose

I play the 330rx pinks
I love them
But if I need to ill play a white ball.

Just tappin away

I haven't played a colored ball since I was a kid... Maybe I'll buy a dozen yellow and give'um another try

Racist! :beat-up::act-up:

I'd played white Bridgestone 330-RX for about two years, when the new model came out earlier this year I bought a dozen of the old model in yellow on a whim when they were on sale. I really like the yellow now and prefer it. For my middle aged eyes its much easier for me to follow the ball as it approaches then hits the ground on shots over 175yrds. As a few others mentioned it's always easy to walk to my ball with my foursome, no questions since I'm the only one playing yellow.

I went back to white from yellow - when I could keep my drives in the fairway consistently I switched from E6 yellow to E5, which only comes in white. Have to admit that if the E5 came in yellow I'd probably play that, except in the fall when yellow leaves are all over the course.

I'm updating my thoughts from an earlier post in this thread. I played a white ball for a few holes yesterday, and hated the color change. I wear polarized sun glasses on the course and I don't see distances well. the combination of those two things might make the difference in visibility. The yellow is just much easier for me to pick up than white. Absolutely in the air, and in long grass, but even when the ball is sitting in the middle of the fairway. My fav ball right now is the Callaway Hex Chrome in yellow. Still like the B330RX and Z-Star a lot too.

TBH, i tried playing a red ball for one half of a hole, and had to pick it up because i couldn't even find it in, while in the fairway.

My balls are all white like vanilla ice cream. But not the french vanilla. That'd be weird.

...wait
You could tell there were a bunch of THPers on the putting green in ATL. Yellow, Orange, Pink, Blue, White golf balls flying all over the place.

You could tell there were a bunch of THPers on the putting green in ATL. Yellow, Orange, Pink, Blue, White golf balls flying all over the place.

I've never seen so many yellow golf balls without stripes on them on a putting green before.

I've been playing yellow most of this season and really like them. I pretty much always know when it's mine. However, now that the leaves are changing and falling, I'm finding the yellow ones harder to spot, so I've been using white.

I'd rather play yellow over white, but I will never again spend a penny on orange. Orange disappears in the grass.

I played yellow balls for the first part of the year, but then I went back to white now that I have glasses, I don't need the yellow haha

Just switched to white last week for the rest of the season. I've been able to find them pretty well in the leaves. I'll probably play a yellow ball once spring rolls around.

Just switched to white last week for the rest of the season. I've been able to find them pretty well in the leaves. I'll probably play a yellow ball once spring rolls around.

yeah I lose the yellow more in the fall/winter months because it blends in so well

A lot of the maples just turned this bright and beautiful shade of yellow lol. That makes it pretty tough.

Back