Stuff Kids Say (THP Version)

rghilljr

Reaction score
Handicap
So I carried my 5 year old out today for a round. I tell him that while we are riding he can talk but when I am getting ready to hit he has to be quiet. We get to the first tee and and I remind him that he needs to be quiet. I walk up to the tee box and put the ball on the tee and start taking my practice swings with my driver. My kid is in the cart and is being quiet and then says "dad, sorry for talking but I think you are standing to far away from the ball."

I had to regroup and stop laughing before I could continue.....

Have your kids said anything funny while you were playing??

That is really funny, I have no kids but I really like that

Not while on the course, but I was at Kelly's brother in law's one night and we were drinking beer, shooting pool and listening to the jukebox (he had a killer jukebox with lots of 70's and 80's rock on it). Well, his son had just turned 5 and he bought him a little guitar for his birthday. Shawn and I were in the middle of the game, and his son comes down stairs, guitar in hand. He walks up to the table, strums the guitar, and says with a stone cold face, "Boys, I am going to sing you a song about drinking cold beer through a straw".

I about fell out. I was crying I was laughing so hard. I said, alright Johnny Cash, let's hear it. It was by far the funniest thing I have ever heard a kid say to me.

What I want to know is, did you move a little farther away from the ball, and how did it work? Maybe he knows something. I moved back a little not long ago and started hitting the ball better.

My daughter laughs now when she outhits me. Does that count?

Kevin

I was playing with a friend and his 5-year old brother and both of us hit our approach shots close and made some massive ball marks. The little guy gets out and goes to putt with us and says "Hey guys I think a squirrel pooped by your golf balls!"

This guy once asked me what to do on a shot. I said hit it!

What I want to know is, did you move a little farther away from the ball, and how did it work? Maybe he knows something. I moved back a little not long ago and started hitting the ball better.

My daughter laughs now when she outhits me. Does that count?

Kevin

I think he's saying that he's too far away since he was taking practice swings and missing the ball

So I carried my 5 year old out today for a round. I tell him that while we are riding he can talk but when I am getting ready to hit he has to be quiet. We get to the first tee and and I remind him that he needs to be quiet. I walk up to the tee box and put the ball on the tee and start taking my practice swings with my driver. My kid is in the cart and is being quiet and then says "dad, sorry for talking but I think you are standing to far away from the ball."

I had to regroup and stop laughing before I could continue.....

Have your kids said anything funny while you were playing??

I love it... the next Hank Haney, haha

I haven't ever taken either of my kids yet, but at least he kept you laughing and loose!!!

That is just too funny.

My kid is only one. I've had him out a couple of times, mostly he just stands on the cart seat and plays with the steering wheel. Occasionally he'll let out a scream of happiness. Thankfully no one else was out on the course at those times.

~Rock

One time my Girlfriend's 3 year old niece yelled out loudly at me in the middle of the busy club house restaurant "Why are you so Brown!"

That is just too funny.

My kid is only one. I've had him out a couple of times, mostly he just stands on the cart seat and plays with the steering wheel. Occasionally he'll let out a scream of happiness. Thankfully no one else was out on the course at those times.

~Rock

How do you take your one year old golfing? Do you keep him in a car seat? I'm serious when I ask this because I didn't know it was even possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How do you take your one year old golfing? Do you keep him in a car seat? I'm serious when I ask this because I didn't know it was even possible.

Yea, that probably sounded odd. My wife was also with me, so she just held in her lap while we were driving and while I was hitting.

~Rock

Yea, that probably sounded odd. My wife was also with me, so she just held in her lap while we were driving and while I was hitting.

~Rock

Makes much more sense now! If you could have pictured what I was thinking. The scenarios! LOL!

This isn't a golf story but my youngest niece was about to turn 3 and my sister asked her what kind of cake she wanted for her birthday. Straight faced as can be she blurts out "a cooked one." All we could do was laugh because she completely had my sister on that one.

This wasn't my kid, but awhile ago I was paired with a guy and his son. I think he was around 5-6. I was chipping very poorly. We came up to a par 5, great driver and approach shot. I'm maybe 50 yards away, top the ball, and send it flying over the green. after 3 more chips and not hitting the green. The guys son, which hasn't said more then 5 words all day, stands up and says "maybe I can try, you need a break" I laugh and hand him the wedge. sure enuff, hits a beautiful flop shot. lands, rolls in the cup. He hands me the club, and says "that's all you had to do" I laughed for a solid 10mins.

My twin sons (9) and I golf regularly at my course and sometimes, one of them will hit tee shots from the mens tees when we do our men's club skins game. The guys usually have no issue with him hitting off the tee as he doesn't hold us up usually at all.

Last weekend, we were on the first tee and he hit his tee shot right down the middle around 170 yards out. The guys who we played with all proceed to either hit it in the trees, or hit worm burners. One of the guys turns to us and says "Man, I just got outdrove by a 10 year old" to which my son replied "I am only 9 and I practice a lot!"

I laughed for a good 5 minutes...

I take my two nieces (8 and 6 years old) out golfing when I baby-sit for them. I was getting ready to tee off and I usually have a little waggle while I'm getting set up to the ball. Well my 8 year old niece was standing by the golf cart and says "shake that booty" right as I was about to swing. Needless to say I couldn't stop laughing long enough to hit my shot very well. For the rest of the round, before they hit they would imitate me. It was quite hilarious.

It's just amazing what comes to their mind and where they learn this stuff.

there's a side road in the town i grew up in...that has a stop sign NO one stops at. it was a late week night after my mom picked me up from day care (i was 6)...my mom 'rolled' through it with a cop sitting there...he came to the window and told her that she rolled through the sign back there and here i say, "sir, i told her to stop, we learned in school that red ones mean stop"...

my mom, with a beet red face said, "please go easy, it's been a long day"

he let her off with a warning but not after telling me, "when you are old enough to drive, you remember that, ok?"

to this day she tells that story

Stuff Kids Say (THP Version)

Kids say the darndest things. What do the kids of THP'ers say?

Rules: Only post something you actually heard. Don't copy/paste something from the internet because you think it's funny. What you post should've been heard by your THP ears.

Yesterday, on the way to gymnastics, my 8 year old, out of the blue, says

Decideous trees lose their leaves. Coniferous leaves still have their leaves. Pine trees and ceder trees are coniferous. Oak trees are an example of decideous.

I ask her how she knows this. Her reply, "I've known that for a long time"

Earlier this morning I asked my 4 year old if he wanted to go shopping for a christmas presents for his mom and brother. His response was, Just give me some money and drop me off at a store.

I almost considered it, just to see if he could get it done.

My 5 year old daughter keeps putting her face on my wife's stomach (wife is pregnant) and saying "be a boy".

During dove season my son and I were driving through the city and I pointed out some that were flying over. He then asked me if dove knew the were in a "safe zone" in the city. Still give him grief over that one.

This is one from Thanksgiving here at my house, and involves my almost 2 year old daughter talking to my mother, after I had just walked out the back door.

My daughter pointed at me through the window and said to my mother, "Daddy poop outside." And then walked off.

Of course, when I walk in the house, my mother is staring at me like I am some sort of weirdo. I then had to remind my mother that while my daughter is talking well, she often leaves words out of her sentences. I explained to my mother that She was referring to me picking up dog poop, outside in the back yard.

Im still not sure who my Mother believes though.

Back