The Official 2012 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone needs to quit hating on what TC said. He said Ware was a 1 dimensional LB and that is the truth. Clearly he would be and end if they played a 4-3 but he is a pass rushing linebacker only
That's cute.

Lol at lefties sticking together. Cowboys need to shore up those penalties if they expect to go 16-0 which clearly they should

LOL, not touching the 16-0 comment.

But 13 penalties for 86 yards was just pathetic. Giants only had 4 for 33 yards. Cowboys made plays when they had to after the penalties (1st and 30 for a TD, something like that as an example) - but I fear they will not be able to consistently overcome that many penalties.

Yah we have you guys to thank for Tiki Barber. Much appreciated.

I dont think he was that bad of a football player.

But 13 penalties for 86 yards was just pathetic. Giants only had 4 for 33 yards. Cowboys made plays when they had to after the penalties (1st and 30 for a TD, something like that as an example) - but I fear they will not be able to consistently overcome that many penalties.

Both teams were holding on every play. It was weird that for no reason in the 3rd quarter they started calling holding against Dallas almost every play.

That many penalties, and they still won. Sure up the penalties and they might win 3 or 4 more. :alien:

Everyone needs to quit hating on what TC said. He said Ware was a 1 dimensional LB and that is the truth. Clearly he would be and end if they played a 4-3 but he is a pass rushing linebacker only

It's ok dude.

It's ok dude.

Us lefties need to stick together. You are absolutely correct in your assessment btw.

What a great win for the Cowboys. How awesome is it for Cowboy fans to watch not one but two cornerbacks who can actually cover someone and make plays. Give Brandon Carr another 20 million. I'll stick by what I said about Romo, give him time and he makes the throws. Hell he didnt even have a lot of time and he extended plays so he could make those throws. And DaMarco Murray is the real deal. Is Victor Cruz the new TO?

Kmac, I believe the penalties the Boys piled up were a little interesting. Could they clean them up? Sure. Did SW of those penalties help win the game? I think so. You follow me?

Cruz surprised me with the dropped balls. He might be feeling the pressure of not being a sleeper.

Kmac, I believe the penalties the Boys piled up were a little interesting. Could they clean them up? Sure. Did SW of those penalties help win the game? I think so. You follow me?

The numerous false starts were ridiculous. But the horse collar at the 2 ended up saving 4 points in hindsight. Those 4 points were big down the stretch.

Lol at lefties sticking together. Cowboys need to shore up those penalties if they expect to go 16-0 which clearly they should

That's cute.

Thanks guys. The reason I had to say something is because I have been bombarded with facebook and twitter stuff about where are the Cowboy haters now etc. One game and everyone thinks they are the new Superbowl Champs. It is a long season and I hope they continue to play well, but one game doesn't dictate how a season will go.

LOL @ SW. I do think Danny should clean up his penalties. The guys on the o-line have to cut out the false starts. After that, if they have to hold someone to keep Romo from breaking a rib then they gotta do it. Like Smith running down the linebacker and horse collaring him, that's a huge play right there and it fired up the defense. I cant remember the last time we saw a huge Dallas defensive stand at the goal line on the road. This is a different defense.

The numerous false starts were ridiculous. But the horse collar at the 2 ended up saving 4 points in hindsight. Those 4 points were big down the stretch.

And a lot of the holding penalties kept Romo off his back. I'm just saying that all those penalties weren't necessarily bad ones.

And a lot of the holding penalties kept Romo off his back. I'm just saying that all those penalties weren't necessarily bad ones.

Good point, I agree. I like the 10 yard holding penalty more than JPP drilling Romo into the ground.

Last night's game was a good one. It's got me fired up for football season.

TO can't dance....maybe the next Chad Johnson?

What a great win for the Cowboys. How awesome is it for Cowboy fans to watch not one but two cornerbacks who can actually cover someone and make plays. Give Brandon Carr another 20 million. I'll stick by what I said about Romo, give him time and he makes the throws. Hell he didnt even have a lot of time and he extended plays so he could make those throws. And DaMarco Murray is the real deal. Is Victor Cruz the new TO?

Really is the false starts that need to stop. I swear once the a ref calls that they get wood for it and keep calling it over and over. I didnt even see the ones they were calling last night.

What was everyone thoughts on the replacement refs? I thought they did a pretty darn good job. Some missed calls, but that happens all the time, certainly nothing that won/lost the game.

Really is the false starts that need to stop. I swear once the a ref calls that they get wood for it and keep calling it over and over. I didnt even see the ones they were calling last night.

To be fair, you do wear silver and blue blinders, lol

The NFL Owners approve this post

What was everyone thoughts on the replacement refs? I thought they did a pretty darn good job. Some missed calls, but that happens all the time, certainly nothing that won/lost the game.

What about the obvious holding/illegal contact/pass interference at the goal line that wasnt called that kept the Giants from scoring a TD?

LOL @ SW. I do think Danny should clean up his penalties. The guys on the o-line have to cut out the false starts. After that, if they have to hold someone to keep Romo from breaking a rib then they gotta do it. Like Smith running down the linebacker and horse collaring him, that's a huge play right there and it fired up the defense. I cant remember the last time we saw a huge Dallas defensive stand at the goal line on the road. This is a different defense.
I agree that this defense seems different. Rob Ryan really must have not enjoyed last year and all the off season talk. However even last year the defense showed signs but didn't keep up the play for the entire season. I'm not ready to start sucking each other's popsicles just yet but it was nice to see. I was most impressed with that last Dallas possession of the game, last year they would have ended up either taking a killer sack on 3rd and 12, thrown a pick or ran a draw for 3 yards and punted. I loved that they sealed the deal. Penalties have to go though.

TO can't dance....maybe the next Chad Johnson?

Man I dunno but Cruz had to be a goat last night dropping balls that Eli practically handed to him.

Way too many calls against the Cowboys, clearly they were paid off by someone in the Giants front office. Other then that, not bad. :bulgy-eyes:

To be fair, you do wear silver and blue blinders, lol

Whats the question? lol

Overall, a solid job. Sure - there were missed calls here and there but you have those with the normal refs as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back