THP Tour Van Event - Des Moines, IA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, Cookie. Plenty of time afterwards. I hate to think this is probably my last bit of THP fun for awhile. I'm just fortunate that I have this opportunity I guess.

It's your turn to drive down here for a round before the years end. Just start making plans for a day in Omaha in October, I'll meet you and Jrod at Quarry Oaks.

This time next Friday I'll be "Sleep Driving". Off work at 1AM Thursday night and on the road no later than 8AM after a long day, I may have to cut Friday night well short.

Going the other way is worse. Nebraska is the worst state in the world.

Driving through Nebraska and Iowa are pretty much the exact same thing. Both are flat and have decently maintained roads.

It's your turn to drive down here for a round before the years end. Just start making plans for a day in Omaha in October, I'll meet you and Jrod at Quarry Oaks.

This time next Friday I'll be "Sleep Driving". Off work at 1AM Thursday night and on the road no later than 8AM after a long day, I may have to cut Friday night well short.

Quarry Oaks is an awesome course. It's tough to choose between Quarry and Iron Horse though, they are like twins almost, except they both have completely different hole designs, if that makes any sense.

Daydreaming about Iowa, whoda thunk it?

Quarry Oaks is an awesome course. It's tough to choose between Quarry and Iron Horse though, they are like twins almost, except they both have completely different hole designs, if that makes any sense.

I like Iron Horse a lot, seem's a tad easier to me than QO. We played our first Midwest THP get together at these two courses 2 years ago. I can't wait to see TCI next week and see how it compares for a layout. Looks a lot flatter, but with plenty of trouble to keep us on our toes.

I hope I can make that work. I may need to put in a good word with Erica for me.

I like Iron Horse a lot, seem's a tad easier to me than QO. We played our first Midwest THP get together at these two courses 2 years ago. I can't wait to see TCI next week and see how it compares for a layout. Looks a lot flatter, but with plenty of trouble to keep us on our toes.

I agree that Iron Horse seems a tad easier. For some reason I seem to hit more fairways when I play Iron Horse, maybe they are generally wider or something, haha.

Going by the pictures and videos from the TCI website, it definitely looks like it's going to be a fun track, I'm really looking forward to it.

I hope I can make that work. I may need to put in a good word with Erica for me.

Just bring the ladies along, they can go shopping for us, lol.

I agree that Iron Horse seems a tad easier. For some reason I seem to hit more fairways when I play Iron Horse, maybe they are generally wider or something, haha.

Going by the pictures and videos from the TCI website, it definitely looks like it's going to be a fun track, I'm really looking forward to it.

It's going to be a great time, I can't wait to meet everyone. Pretty cool thinking how THP is about to take over that part of Iowa. I think they need a huge press release!

It's Friday and a week from today I will be playing some golf somewhere in the midwest......alright......

You fly in on Thursday or Friday, Wess?

I just played Quarry a couple weeks ago and it was in pretty bad shape, I'd vote Iron Horse, but haven't been there in a while either.

Let's try to keep this about the event in Dez Moinez.

I just made tee times for Friday for all who are interested. I made them for 2:00 and 2:08 at Beaver Creek. THis is who I have as interested/playing. If you are not on the list please let me know.

Rhino
Duey
J4U
Texashacker
Slueth
Wesscook
dleavitt
DonW

Rhino,

Put me an Wess as question marks....We're not sure about our timing here. He doesn't land Chicago until midnight, and having to be on the road at 6am to make that round is going to be a wait and see what happens for the moment. I am talking with him later tonight and we'll try to figure out an answer.

Dan

I can't wait to see everyone as well as play this course again WR, thanks for setting us up.

Rhino,

Put me an Wess as question marks....We're not sure about our timing here. He doesn't land Chicago until midnight, and having to be on the road at 6am to make that round is going to be a wait and see what happens for the moment. I am talking with him later tonight and we'll try to figure out an answer.

Dan

Wess PM"d me and I understand you may or may not make it. I just wanted to put down all who expressed interest in one place. Partly for me so I don't forget anyone. :)

Daydreaming about Iowa, whoda thunk it?

over/under on the number of times someone quips "is this heaven? no, this is iowa"?

Wess PM"d me and I understand you may or may not make it. I just wanted to put down all who expressed interest in one place. Partly for me so I don't forget anyone. :)

Sounds good, just wanted to make sure you knew we aren't 100%

Dan

Dan - I forgot to post this, but I'd like to have one of your yardage books if one is still available. Very cool of you to put the time into making those!

Let's try to keep this about the event in Dez Moinez.

Sorry Smalls, good call. I'll get that pposted in the new section!!!

As far as the event goes, I already know I'll be attached to my phone checking the score of the Husker game once we hit the course, as long as I remember to get my phone out of my car. I hope that doesn't offend GG, Hawk or JJ!!!

Won't bother me, Icey.

Shouldn't bother me at all once I kick you out!

If you have extras I'll take a book as well Dan, thanks.

I am checking out the course online - again. #5 sure looks like a cool hole. Then they ruin it by sticking a 420 yard par 4 with water to carry right after that.

I've never been a big fan of water, just not good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back