TaylorMade Releases RocketBallz RBZ Rescue & Fairway Wood

Yeah, i tried them all, 15 degree was the best for me....
I trust golfsmith but this might hunt me down when i wanna resale this...
Is there a new batch of rbz fairway with a proper sticker on it?
I am thiniing of return or exchange if this is fixed...

Merged with RBZ FW thread.

the label on the shaft says 15.5.
i thought it was supposed to be 15.0???

I have the same club, RBZ 3 Wood 15 degrees with a Stiff shaft. Mine also came with a sticker that said 15.5. I got it from The Golf Warehouse which is an authorized dealer just like Golfsmith. I wouldn't worry about it. I love my 3 wood and don't feel like anything is wrong with it. Just an innocent mistake by TM.

I just picked up a 3 wood cant wait for it to get here. As much as i loved the hybrid.. man i bet this thing will be amazing

Used the RBZ hybrid 4 times in my round today and hit it great. I couldn't believe the draw I was getting out of the rough and hit a stinger below some tree branches. I haven't done this with a hybrid since my beloved Adams A12 Idea Pro snapped a couple of years ago. The RBZ honeymoon is still on!

Last edited:
The RBZ Tour 14.5* 3 wood stiff arrived this morning and I played 9 holes with it. What an awesome club. Easy to launch and the distance met my expectation. An added bonus was that this club has a draw bias at address which I love whereas the Tour 3 wood I demoed was more neutral. Tonight I'll take off the stock grip, beef up the tape, and stick on one of my Black Widow grips and it'll be ready.

I'm hoping Taylormade adds the speed slot to their next version of the RBZ Tour driver, but until then I'll keep gaming my trusty R11.

Bend RBZ Hybrid Loft?

Bend RBZ Hybrid Loft?

Is it possible to bend a hybrid's loft down a half of a degree?

------

Just got an email from my Carl's Golfland:
"Unfortunately hybrid lofts cannot be adjusted. If we tried to bend it, the club would most likely break at the hozzle."

This Tour 3 is just a beast and fairway finder off the tee and I FINALLY found a ball position and setup that is giving me straight high bombs off the fairway. There for awhile I was having some trouble either catching it a little fat and hitting a baby fade but today I adjusted my ball position and setup and started hitting those high trajectory fairway wood shots that I love!

I demo'd the RBZ HL 17degree 3wood yesterday afternoon. At several points in my round I'd hit 2 balls with it and 2 balls with my Burner 15degree 3wood to get comparisons. The RBZ was GPS measured at 10-12 yds longer, and this was the HL model. I'd love to demo the 15 degree and the 14.5 Tour model but my club doesn't have them in the R shaft I need.

Going to have to pick up one of these as a keeper and put in my bag. I'm hoping that the prices will drop a bit in December, I'll be adding to my list for Santa.

I like my Tour 3 wood so much that I'm thinking of getting the Tour 5 wood.

I demo'd the RBZ HL 17degree 3wood yesterday afternoon. At several points in my round I'd hit 2 balls with it and 2 balls with my Burner 15degree 3wood to get comparisons. The RBZ was GPS measured at 10-12 yds longer, and this was the HL model. I'd love to demo the 15 degree and the 14.5 Tour model but my club doesn't have them in the R shaft I need.

Going to have to pick up one of these as a keeper and put in my bag. I'm hoping that the prices will drop a bit in December, I'll be adding to my list for Santa.

I have been seriously pondering one of these.

When I bought my RBZ Tour 5w (18*) they did not have the 3wHL. I hit the 5w better than the 3w because of launch angle, I really wanted to hit the HL version but the 5w was better for me than the 3w I had been playing.

I just had to pop in here and say this:
My usual playing partner has decided to sell off his old 2.0 driver.
This is because he consistently hits his RBZ 3W like 265 off the tee.
He can also reach greens at this distance on occasion.
Off the deck he's normally between 240-250.
He can also work it both ways at will.
It's like it was made for him.

/randomramble

Ive got one and it has become my favorite club in the bag. When I'm not on speaking terms with my driver (which has been quite often lately) I know I can find the fairway with my 3HL. High baby draws in the 220 - 230 yd range (which is only about 20 yds less than the driver). Off the fairway its also good, I do struggle with catching the ball clean sometimes but when hit on the screws it is awesome! My driver is also an RBZ (tour 9*) and I'm less enthused by it and pondering a change. I've go a RBZ 4H as well and I like it, but not as much as the fairway.

The Tour 4 looks awesome. I think this is in Dustin Johnson's bag:

post-30-017679400 1338821233.jpg

post-30-013679300 1338821234.jpg

post-30-079055600 1338821235.jpg

Last edited:
Question to those who have this 3 wood. What is the look at address? Is it neutral or slightly draw biased? I'm hoping for draw biased.

Found it! Slightly closed it is!

Really considering a 4 hybrid, but I'm torn between that and the 3 Hybrid. My thinking is that the 4H would be a little bit easier to hit and maybe more consistent than the 3H. Is the 3H that much longer (yard wise) than the 4H and would the trade off in consistency be worth it?

My 18* Tour 5 arrived this morning and I took it out for 18 holes, straight to the course : zero range time. It's only .5* loft more than the Tour 4. It hits like my Tour 3 which is what I was hoping for -- slight draw and LONG. It cuts through the rough so well that it pushed the RBZ 19* hybrid out of my bag. These Tour fairway woods have sleek profiles really that suit my game and have made my bag very versatile. Thank you TaylorMade.

I hit it off a tee on a par 4 for giggles and the guys I played with thought it wasn't fair! :laughing:

Last edited:
Really considering a 4 hybrid, but I'm torn between that and the 3 Hybrid. My thinking is that the 4H would be a little bit easier to hit and maybe more consistent than the 3H. Is the 3H that much longer (yard wise) than the 4H and would the trade off in consistency be worth it?

I have the 3H and it is very easy to hit from the rough, fairway or off the tee. I haven't hit the 4H so I can't compare the two, but I can tell you the 3H is a very easy club to hit. As for distance, the 3H is long. I'd say it's about 20 yards longer than my Mashie M4. I'd say if you could try them both out on a monitor to give it a shot and see what results you get.

Has anyone tried the 17 degree HL 3 - wood?

Has anyone tried the 17 degree HL 3 - wood?

As a matter of fact I tried one just today at the golf store OG and was very impressed. I have 3 friends who bought the RBZ 3W and each one loves it. I remember playing a round with Tadashi at the outing last year and he absolutely crushed his so this club has perked my curiosity. At present I am hitting a 17* 4W so the HL would be perfect for me to switch to. I am hoping there might be one hidden in the tour van when it gets to Iowa next week. I might need to do some testing on my own. :D

Back