Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a fun one tonight. I will preface this by saying that I NEVER try and work the ball. Here goes:

215 out in the right rough into a 10 MPH breeze. Ball is about 6 inches above my feet with a clean lie. Tree about 15 yards in front of me but leaning heavily to the right.

I grab the M5. The play I go after is to go low right of the tree which puts me on a line about 30 yards right of the green and try to draw it. There are also trees up the right side of the fairway that I have to go over to get back into play.

Setup the club behind the ball and then severely close my stance. Swing and it's magic. Comes out low, rises just high enough to clear the trees, takes a SHARP turn left and lands on fringe just short of green and trickles up onto the left front of green leaving me 45 feet away.

It was awesome. Like I said, I never work the ball and to pull this shot off was awfully darn cool for me.

Sounds like a great shot.....are you still smiling??

Striped my drive on a short par 4, and hit a 95yd 60* wedge to 3 feet. A rare birdie for me!

Sounds like a great shot.....are you still smiling??

Ha, yeah I still thought about it a few times today. Was just so cool because I never try shots like that.

Par 5 #4 at my home course. After my drive I was about 210 yards out, I grabbed my 4 iron and hit a beauty of a shot that hit the green, bounced about 3 inches and stuck, leaving me a 12 ft putt for eagle. I then rammed my putt past the hole but came back with the birdie

Par 5 #4 at my home course. After my drive I was about 210 yards out, I grabbed my 4 iron and hit a beauty of a shot that hit the green, bounced about 3 inches and stuck, leaving me a 12 ft putt for eagle. I then rammed my putt past the hole but came back with the birdie

Way to give yourself a eagle attempt. There is nothing like the feeling of a pure long iron shot.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

playing the 9th on my local course, 289yd par 4 with the raised green guarded by 2 huge oak trees either side, a river at the foot of front bunker which stretches the width of the green so no option but to lay up short off the tee (not that i would be able to drive straight and 285 if I wanted to!) the fairway is pretty open but depending on the flag you need to be accurate to have a good look in for your 2nd.

Ripped my 19* Baffler about 190-195 down left centre, leaving about 90 to a flag back right as i looked at it, played a great wedge to inside 3 feet over the corner of the tree guarding the left side of the bunker and sank the putt for a birdie!!! I must take a couple of pics next time I'm there for you guys to see this hole because it is a realy impressive to look at

Yesterday I played our 215 yard par 3 with bunkers left and right, fairway run up the middle...pushed a hybrid right of the right bunker, middle right pin...left myself a flop with 10 feet of green to work with...hit the flop to a foot, tap in par :)

I'd tap that again using tapatalk

Had a fun one tonight. I will preface this by saying that I NEVER try and work the ball. Here goes:

215 out in the right rough into a 10 MPH breeze. Ball is about 6 inches above my feet with a clean lie. Tree about 15 yards in front of me but leaning heavily to the right.

I grab the M5. The play I go after is to go low right of the tree which puts me on a line about 30 yards right of the green and try to draw it. There are also trees up the right side of the fairway that I have to go over to get back into play.

Setup the club behind the ball and then severely close my stance. Swing and it's magic. Comes out low, rises just high enough to clear the trees, takes a SHARP turn left and lands on fringe just short of green and trickles up onto the left front of green leaving me 45 feet away.

It was awesome. Like I said, I never work the ball and to pull this shot off was awfully darn cool for me.

Thats a great shot! Being able to execute it as you drew it up is a great feeling.

12 foot downhill slider on 18 for a birdie. Impossible to stop the putt if I missed. Would have had a 15 footer back up the hill.

20 yard chip in for birdie. Best thing was it is on the first hole of my course's Amen Corner and helped me to go +1 on it today (bogeyed the other two holes).

81 yards uphill into a 25 mph wind. Threw a knock down UW about 15 feet behind the pin and spun it back to:

be7eda6a.jpg

I really needed a birdie at that point, too.

Shanked with my Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk

I had 2 today that I would call pretty damn good.....8th hole...160 to the center over a bunker and hit a high 7 iron that lands right behind the flag and spins back to 18 inches for the tap in birdie!

4th hole....in the greenside bunker...green running away from me....about 40 feet to the pin....hit a perfect bunker shot that landed just above the hole and spun down the hill about an inch from dropping for the birdie.

I had 2 today that I would call pretty damn good.....8th hole...160 to the center over a bunker and hit a high 7 iron that lands right behind the flag and spins back to 18 inches for the tap in birdie!

4th hole....in the greenside bunker...green running away from me....about 40 feet to the pin....hit a perfect bunker shot that landed just above the hole and spun down the hill about an inch from dropping for the birdie.

Soft greens? Great shots TBT!

I'd tap that again with Tapatalk

In a shallow greenside bunker, but not shallow enough to putt out of. Green is flat, but probably only 15 yards wide, and the other side drops off sharply to water. If I hit it thin at all, there's no outcome other than water. Perfect 60* sand shot to 3 feet. That one felt good.

New AccuFlex Creation 80 Copper Ion in the Razr Fit: 331 yard drive! Averaged 319 today over 9 holes! Looks like I found my shaft...

#1 handicap hole on the course, I am 183 out and hit a nice high 4 hybrid that never left the flag....the only question was if the distance was right...ball mark was 4 feet short of the stick and the ball was less than 2 feet behind the cup for the only birdie of the day!

I really think I'm due.

In 27 holes, I lipped out a 6 iron from 190 (helping wind of course), and rolled a 9 iron from 150 just short across the hole. Both were EXTREMELY close to being HOI's and both times were enough to make me knock my knees thinking I'd finally done it.

I love this game.

I really think I'm due.

In 27 holes, I lipped out a 6 iron from 190 (helping wind of course), and rolled a 9 iron from 150 just short across the hole. Both were EXTREMELY close to being HOI's and both times were enough to make me knock my knees thinking I'd finally done it.

I love this game.

I am still looking for my first one too. You keep playing well and it will come and hopefully soon!

Seriously. Tappin'.

On 18 I was about 130 out in the rough, and had to go over a tree with a fairly strong left to right wind and I nearly knocked in the hole, with the ball settling two feet from the hole. I tapped it in for a 79. It felt good after making a triple a few holes earlier.

almost got an eagle from 139-140
hit a great drive into the middle of the fw
pretty decent wind blowing right at me
hit the purest 7i of the day
ball landed 3ft right and short of the hole... jumped up and rattled the stick... hit the hole and jumped out
tap in birdie
dude waiting to hit his teeshot on #8 saw the whole thing
after a crappy round... its shots like this that keep me coming back

almost got an eagle from 139-140
hit a great drive into the middle of the fw
pretty decent wind blowing right at me
hit the purest 7i of the day
ball landed 3ft right and short of the hole... jumped up and rattled the stick... hit the hole and jumped out
tap in birdie
dude waiting to hit his teeshot on #8 saw the whole thing
after a crappy round... its shots like this that keep me coming back

Nice shot, dude. All it takes sometimes is just one nice shot like that.

16th 200+ some yd par 3 at the thp tour van in Atlantic city. Stuck a choke down 3hy to 3ft after hitting the fringe and rolling up. Almost had to buy drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

16th 200+ some yd par 3 at the thp tour van in Atlantic city. Stuck a choke down 3hy to 3ft after hitting the fringe and rolling up. Almost had to buy drinks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That shot had a real good chance of finding the hole. Did set up a nice little birdie for you.

Had 130 or so left into a par 5 today. Hit a 3/4 PW to about 5 feet and made birdie.

Holed out for par from 90 out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back