TaylorMade Ghost Spider Putter

Unfortunately, Dr Teeth had just put that belly Manta in his bag and had one round on it, when the thieves stole his bag.
So he didn't get to test it as much as he would have liked.

I still have my original full sized Spider and I broke that out the other day to give it a go.
The love for that one is still there and will always stay in the garage as my backup.

Holy crap, thieves? that's ridiculous!

Well the spider is awesome and at least he got a manta too

I Just got the putter from a fellow THP'er.

Btw, can I just buy any factory Taylormade weight kit off ebay and expect it to work (fit)?
The putter just didn't feel as smooth and nor did it seem to provide the "pure roll" I experienced demoing in stores.
I'm hoping changing the weights will improve the feel.

Also, I'm assuming the putters in stores have standard weights.. right?

This putter was good, but I was just struggling with it with putts under 8 feet.

This putter was good, but I was just struggling with it with putts under 8 feet.

I wonder if the new one coming out will be any better for you! I'm pretty excited about it because i was having a tough time with the long putts with the old one

My spider and I aren't getting along right now. I seem to be missing more and more makeable 8' putts than ever. I'm sure its just my stroke, but ugh. Im contemplating putting her up for sale, the honeymoon is over and she's just not making me happy anymore.

Tried this out the other day. Quite awesome. The thing I like the most about it is the fact it STAYS SQUARE all the time. At address, back swing, contact, and follow thru. May be in my bag in the near future. Also eyeing a Yes putter.

everytime I pick mine up, even though it's the belly version and thusly completely different than my SeeMore, I love the heck out of it.

I just bought one of these, so I will have stuff to add to this thread in the next few weeks if I remember.

I am looking at my poor spider ghost in the corner and I want to bring it out to the course again-I really don't miss it I just like how reliable it was but my current putter has been better for me-I didn;t gain 17 yards with the white head haha-just kidding I like the smaller mallet at the moment better.

Ugh 20 pts yesterday for 9 holes. 3 putting for bogeys is probably one of the most frustrating things I can do on the course. I have lost all confidence in my spider.

Ugh 20 pts yesterday for 9 holes. 3 putting for bogeys is probably one of the most frustrating things I can do on the course. I have lost all confidence in my spider.

I don't know how much this will help you but when I was losing putts like that it was because of my technique I was flipping my wrists through, all I did was practice and actually get a bigger grip and wow it solved that for me, I really don't like the stock grip it's too tiny in my opinion

Yesterday I sunk a 35 ft birdie (uphill to a shelf with a left to right break) and 10 ft Eagle (severe downhill with a little right to left break).
This putter is still MONEY...for me.

18 pts again yesterday. UGH.

I FINALLY am starting to realize how important putting is. Now that I have been keeping stats this year I am noticing its is almost 50% of my score. I've been practicing all the wrong things all these years. I am making it my mission to become a better putter over the winter this year. Whether or not the spider is going to be part of that remains to be seen.

I have a 27 hole league ending playoff on friday, I have actually been debating on putting my old odyssey blade in play I have been putting so bad as of late. But I think It may screw me up too much.

Well this putter just showed up yesterday. I'll be putting it in play this weekend. My putting can't possibly get any worse, lol.

I picked up this putter this spring and I'm starting to roll the ball a lot better now that I am getting used to it. I use a line on my ball to line up the putt and to tell if I hit it on line and almost every time I am. Half the battle is done in my mind and I don't have to worry about if I'm hitting it online so now I can concentrate more on weight and the results are starting to come. No 3 putts last round and before that I would have 2 or 3.

32 putts for today's first round with 2 lipouts.
I was being a little too aggresive with the putts due to the greens being punched last week and still pretty bumpy.
Going to play another 18 holes with the wife in about hour.

Im done with this putter, Its probably going up for sale or trade real soon. I am actually surprised it made it through my 27 hole league ending outing unscathed. I wanted to break it in half after 3 putting for par from 20 ft. on a par 5 early in the day.

I've played 2 rounds with this putter so far, and I love it. I'll do a more complete write-up on it later, maybe after a few more rounds with it.

I've played 2 rounds with this putter so far, and I love it. I'll do a more complete write-up on it later, maybe after a few more rounds with it.
Great to hear that you like it. It is a really really great putter I think.

Great to hear that you like it. It is a really really great putter I think.

No 3 putts yesterday. And considering the state of my putting recently, that's ridiculously good.

Glad it's working for you, D. The Ghost Spider is a putter that I always wanted to grab, but just never did for some reason. I still pull my Spider Vicino out every couple of months for a round, and still love it.

Glad it's working for you, D. The Ghost Spider is a putter that I always wanted to grab, but just never did for some reason. I still pull my Spider Vicino out every couple of months for a round, and still love it.

I would love to get a CS version and paint my own version of RST on it. That would work.

Glad to hear you like the Spider D....I love mine !

If you thought the Ghost Spider was a bit much

If you thought the Ghost Spider was a bit much

Check it out with the optional spider attachment! LOL

spider-too-much.jpg

Back