whats in the bag rory mcilroy

could you imagine the rival hype nike would use? ie tiger and rory arms crossed on different sides of a billboard...one side VR and the other side whatever their marketing wanted to come up with for rory...

...what would Oakley do? seeing as rors is they're signature athlete for golf?

Google Rory to Nike and look at the dates. Going back to 2010, it has been a rumor to happen "this year". Could it happen? Sure. Contracts match up time wise in certain ways, but for every internet forum rumor that is out there, about 1% of them are true unfortunately.

I see. I was also kind of hoping you would know something that most don't to tell you the truth.

I think it would be awesome. Really fun to have a Tigger-Rory thing going on.

Same rumor came out last year from the same place. Whether its true or not, time will tell, but for 3 straight years, the same rumor has been out there.

Maybe it'll just keep popping up year after year and never come true!!!

If it happens Rory has lost a big fan because I absolutely cannot stand Nike and will never cheer for someone wearing their logo, wear their logo myself, or use their golf products.

I think the recent camaraderie between Rory and Tiger has set fire to that rumor again. I have to admit it has made me wonder. Would be a huge coup for Nike

If it happens Rory has lost a big fan because I absolutely cannot stand Nike and will never cheer for someone wearing their logo, wear their logo myself, or use their golf products.

That logic is a bit silly don't you think? They're a fantastic golf company that puts out some really good products.

That logic is a bit silly don't you think? They're a fantastic golf company that puts out some really good products.

Do you have Rory's phone number, we need to get a hold of him before he makes this colossal career mistake. I'm not sure he can handle losing the Iceman as a fan.

Do you have Rory's phone number, we need to get a hold of him before he makes this colossal career mistake. I'm not sure he can handle losing the Iceman as a fan.

I think it's 866-1xs-head

I didn't want to start a new thread when this one would do so nicely.

I have been hearing increasing rumors on the internets that Rory is going to be a Nike staffer in the near future.

Didn't that all start on another forum originally?

Sent from my HTC One X

Didn't that all start on another forum originally?

Sent from my HTC One X

It did, but I don't participate in that forum. I thought it was an interesting rumor though and I wanted to see what THP thought about it.

I hope he does go to Nike because the haters will continue to hate and it will shake up the golf world.

If I were a betting man, I would throw a little wager that Rory is a swoosh man next year.

Extreme much? Does that extend to regular people or just professionals? What has Nike really done to warrant that kind of hate?

Nike would have to throw so much money his way, because I have to believe that all his other sponsors would up the ante to keep him on board

Nike would have to throw so much money his way, because I have to believe that all his other sponsors would up the ante to keep him on board

Money is no object for Nike. Especially for "the next big thing"

They have no problem doing that. Wie's not doing much, when's her contract up?

Rory playing Nike clubs is gonna be awesome. I can't wait.

LOL@ Jrod.

If he switches you better sell that hat.

This rumor seems just that a rumor, but if Rory did join Nike I would imagine they would have to develop a whole new line of " RM " gear, right? I dont think Rory would want to be teeing it up against Tiger wearing TW shoes,hat etc. and playing TW irons. I know I wouldnt want to be using signature models of one of my biggest rivals. This reason alone I would doubt he is changing over to Nike unless the new RM gear has already been under development.

Rory will change just so he can play what Jrod plays. Plain and simple!

This rumor seems just that a rumor, but if Rory did join Nike I would imagine they would have to develop a whole new line of " RM " gear, right? I dont think Rory would want to be teeing it up against Tiger wearing TW shoes,hat etc. and playing TW irons. I know I wouldnt want to be using signature models of one of my biggest rivals. This reason alone I would doubt he is changing over to Nike unless the new RM gear has already been under development.

None of their new stuff is TW branded.

Back