THP Tour Van Event - Atlanta, GA

Nice video, hole and THP Tour hat!

Chewie, the greens at Bentwater look as nice as our new greens at Olde Atlanta. Also just found out Canongate is coverting Windermere next summer.

Hoping this doesn't upset the apple cart too much but Kellybo & I are going to join Morgan as part of the "girls not golfing" on Sunday. Kelly has tournament on Monday and I'm doing a charity event on Tuesday for Special Olympics.

So we'll hang with Morgan and maybe do a little retail therapy for the new location of OG's woodshed in Monroe.

Let us know if this is going to be a problem

MaryC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is a little tease for you guys. I was able to get out to Bentwater today and played a quick 9. Everyone should have a great time. The greens are great and just firm enough, while rolling very true. The rough is just thick enough. So here is hole #1, from tee to green:

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Wait a second. Why is the fairway below the teebox? Why is the green elevated over the fairway?

Seriously, that hole looks awesome, course looks great. Elevation change is going to throw me and my flatland play for a crazy loop, CANT WAIT

Also, I feel really bad for the homeowners of the houses to the right... :bulgy-eyes:

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Wait a second. Why is the fairway below the teebox? Why is the green elevated over the fairway?

Seriously, that hole looks awesome, course looks great. Elevation change is going to throw me and my flatland play for a crazy loop, CANT WAIT

Also, I feel really bad for the homeowners of the houses to the right... :bulgy-eyes:

Is Jake straight about to get defined for me live?

That hole does look sweet. And dangerous to the left.

Wait till you play an up hill par four.

Chewie, the greens at Bentwater look as nice as our new greens at Olde Atlanta. Also just found out Canongate is coverting Windermere next summer.

Hoping this doesn't upset the apple cart too much but Kellybo & I are going to join Morgan as part of the "girls not golfing" on Sunday. Kelly has tournament on Monday and I'm doing a charity event on Tuesday for Special Olympics.

So we'll hang with Morgan and maybe do a little retail therapy for the new location of OG's woodshed in Monroe.

Let us know if this is going to be a problem

MaryC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it sorted out.

You will have your share of elevation changes.

Great stuff Chewie! The greens look awesome.

Thanks for the video Chewie. Looks very nice!

I arrive at ATL at 4pm so I assume I will feel the full fury of ATL traffic. Should make it to the pre-outing party around 8. :hungry::drinks:

If you want a quick pit-stop before you trek up to Kennesaw, send me a PM and I'll meet you (or anyone else traveling) in ATL for a drink (or two). This is an open offer to anyone coming into Atlanta.

This is a challenge to the ATL THPers: Bring some decent food for JB and GG. Reading the multiple posts about canned chili from Ohio is driving me nuts.

I have an idea for a local place. I'll be bringing some for the THP van when I arrive in Kennesaw on Saturday morning. I challenge the rest of the Atlanta THPers to follow suit and bring some local, ATL stuff from JB and GG to experience.

Seriously, Ohio chili in the ATL thread? Dang.

That chili rocks..regardless of geographic location, put it with those dogs and smothered in cheese..just WOW. I could top it with some IN-A-TUB tacos, but you guys have a task at hand to beat that chili!

This is a challenge to the ATL THPers: Bring some decent food for JB and GG. Reading the multiple posts about canned chili from Ohio is driving me nuts.

I have an idea for a local place. I'll be bringing some for the THP van when I arrive in Kennesaw on Saturday morning. I challenge the rest of the Atlanta THPers to follow suit and bring some local, ATL stuff from JB and GG to experience.

Im guessing you have never experienced Skyline Chili?

Have fun everyone! That course looks fun as heck.

As do I, and mine is quite good.

But Skyline is something different.

I'm admittedly biased, but my chili is pretty damn awesome. Plus, it's not from Ohio...

I'm so looking forward to next weekend.

haha man, I'm only doing it by request. I can't wait to see what ATL has to offer. This wing place sounds awesome.

haha man, I'm only doing it by request. I can't wait to see what ATL has to offer. This wing place sounds awesome.

If you like beer and wings, you'll like Taco Mac. It's a chain, but it's a really good one.

I'm not trying to oversell what I'm bringing on Saturday, but it's the best thing in that genre -- ever. Fortunately, it's made in Atlanta.

Seriously, seriously looking forward to next weekend. It's going to be a blast.

Wait a minute... Isn't fat Matt's BBQ sauce from ATL? I freaking love that stuff. Had it with my chicken sandwich for lunch today.

It absolutely destroys Montgomery inn sauce.

Wait a minute... Isn't fat Matt's BBQ sauce from ATL? I freaking love that stuff. Had it with my chicken sandwich for lunch today.

It absolutely destroys Montgomery inn sauce.

Fat Matt's is in Atlanta. It's towards the top of the list. Fox Brothers, in my humble opinion, is the best BBQ in Atlanta. Of course, anyone is entitled to disagree -- but they would be incorrect.

Shall we introduce them to the Varsity ? Its an Atlanta icon that everyone has to try when coming to the big ATL .

Amen there ATL Golfer. With places are awesome. And the Varsity is an icon. Let me.see what I can come up with too.

TapAhoy!

I'm always happy with good bbq and cold beer. Remember TV's are required for Ryder Cup highlights as well as football.

How many are going to be wanting to get together Friday night?

8 days before a much needed vacation to hang with THPers. :banana:

Back