Relocating - Joys & Sorrows

We have an inspection today on our present home at 02:00 p.m. I hope all goes well and that part will be behind us. It makes me nervouse that he will find something wrong and we will have to lower our price to cover any repairs. With that being said we have cleaned up and had all visible repairs possible looking like brand new now. We shall see coming in a few minutes what this inspector thinks. I have heard from a friend of my who is an electrician this guy is tough and hard to pass so we shall see. I might be on the rant thread this afternoon :angry:

I hope all goes well OG, inspections aren't any fun and I've only gone through a couple, but everytime it was harder than I thought it should be. Sounds like you've got a good handle on what was wrong and fixed. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

You hit a home run with that statement! It's just stressful moving period and once the dust settles, I might head to Blairsville and jump in a mountain creek naked :blob:. Naw I don't want to scare all the black bears off :D

Uh, that's a mental image I could have done without. I think I'm scarred for life.:eek: j/k

We have an inspection today on our present home at 02:00 p.m. I hope all goes well and that part will be behind us. It makes me nervouse that he will find something wrong and we will have to lower our price to cover any repairs. With that being said we have cleaned up and had all visible repairs possible looking like brand new now. We shall see coming in a few minutes what this inspector thinks. I have heard from a friend of my who is an electrician this guy is tough and hard to pass so we shall see. I might be on the rant thread this afternoon :angry:

Authority can go to some peoples heads. Before we met, my now wife remodeled her house and during the final inspection the building inspector (chief inspector for the county) was pissed that she was licensed to sign off on her own design plans. He refused to use the standard attic access, thru the master bedroom closet ceiling, to conduct his inspection. Instead he forced her to have an access cut thru the master bath ceiling above the tub (code doesn't say where the access has to be). He witheld the final approval until she had the second access panel cut. Once he saw that he had "won" he signed off on the final without ever even looking into the attic.

Hopefully, your inspector just does his job and leaves the ego and reputation building out of it. After reading both your and KB's posts, I know that you guys have worked really hard to ensure that your house is in the best condition possible. To borrow a line from the Red Green show "I'm pulling for ya".

Good Luck Bill. Hopefully the inspector is in a good mood. Give 'em your best Southern charm!!

Well the inspection lasted 3 hours. That guy checked everything! The buyer sat out on the porch with us and was really nice. It made it more relaxing. Long story short, he said the house was well built and everything he pointed out will be easy to correct. Nothing that would prevent the buyer from buying. Everyone was happy in the end and the inspector was the nicest guy ever. Yay!

We close on the house we are buying next Wednesday. The buyer said they are shooting for a close date of October 15. Still can't believe how well everything is going.

I'm in a rotational program at work so I'm moved three times in the last three years. I've gotten pretty good at it! The biggest thing for me was having to change the addresses on all credit cards, memberships, etc etc. And doing all new registration stuff because I moved out of state the last two times. Good luck to you both!

KB, that is awesome news, I'm glad it all worked out.

Well the inspection lasted 3 hours. That guy checked everything! The buyer sat out on the porch with us and was really nice. It made it more relaxing. Long story short, he said the house was well built and everything he pointed out will be easy to correct. Nothing that would prevent the buyer from buying. Everyone was happy in the end and the inspector was the nicest guy ever. Yay!

We close on the house we are buying next Wednesday. The buyer said they are shooting for a close date of October 15. Still can't believe how well everything is going.

It is funny how things go well after lots and lots of hard work and preparation. (It is not just luck or accidental)

This is great news, Lynne sends her congratulations and she wants to come see your new house soon. Nothing like a self invite. hehe

This is great news, Lynne sends her congratulations and she wants to come see your new house soon. Nothing like a self invite. hehe

I would love that! I take it she is doing better? I sure hope so!

Great news, I am glad to hear everything is working out so well. I am hoping for a virtual tour of the new place. (cough, hint, cough)

Oh KB,
Whacking OG with a stick kept him motivated. Just don't forget to ice your arm so it won't be so sore in the morning. :D

Glad everything went well! I've been brought the process a few times and it's never fun when you're the seller. As a buyer though I wanted them to be as meticulous as possible. Hopefully everything else will be smooth sailing.

Great news, I am glad to hear everything is working out so well. I am hoping for a virtual tour of the new place. (cough, hint, cough)

Oh KB,
Whacking OG with a stick kept him motivated. Just don't forget to ice your arm so it won't be so sore in the morning. :D

LOL @ the virtual tour. Our house is just not worthy of such a tour but I might just keep the thread going and show some before/after pics once I get things going, especially the yard as it needs some landscaping added. I love to work in the yard but my back is preventing it right now. I can boss OG around and make him dig holes though. :) I will take a video of him digging. Hehe

I would love that! I take it she is doing better? I sure hope so!

She moved to a regular room tonight, home tomorrow maybe.

Heading to Atlanta today to sign the final paper work on our new home! I will be glad when all the dust settles. We got the moving to do and get our home in Gray closed and I hope soon on that one too. Too much going on these days for this old boy :whew:

Congrats my friend! You're handling everything like an old pro

Congrats my friend! You're handling everything like an old pro

Yes he is, of course he has a great partner in all of this. KellyBo is a go getter when she is ready to get 'er done. Two great folks and I am so glad this adventure has gone as smoothly as it has.

LOL @ the virtual tour. Our house is just not worthy of such a tour but I might just keep the thread going and show some before/after pics once I get things going, especially the yard as it needs some landscaping added. I love to work in the yard but my back is preventing it right now. I can boss OG around and make him dig holes though. :) I will take a video of him digging. Hehe

Before and after pics would be great. I'm looking forward to seeing the landscaping upgrades and especially to video of OG digging like a ground squirrel.

Heading to Atlanta today to sign the final paper work on our new home! I will be glad when all the dust settles. We got the moving to do and get our home in Gray closed and I hope soon on that one too. Too much going on these days for this old boy :whew:

Congratulations! I know that both of you have worked very hard and there have been more then a few sleepless nights.

We had the appraisal on the house we are selling yesterday and I spent an hour or so with the lady who is buying our house. She is so sweet and just so excited about living here. Makes me feel good that someone loves my house as much as I do. It will make it easier to give them the key.

While OG is out playing golf today, I'll be headed to the new house with a car load of junk. I've been buying appliances, drapes, furniture, and all kinds of stuff. I cannot even think about playing golf these days but I really look forward to settling down soon and getting back out there. I told OG to enjoy his weekend golf because I have work for him come Monday. :)

We bought a foreclosure so it's been sitting empty a while. There are spiders in every corner of that house and OG does not like spiders at all after having a brown recluse bite him a few years back. Exterminator is coming Monday.

Congrats on the new house. Does it look like this?

photo11.jpg

Final day of golf today until Thursday. Much work to do to get our new home ready to move into and boy am I ready to have this over with! It's going to be awesome once we get everything accomplished and then KellyBo can rest :alien: lol. Seriously though she has worked her butt off prepping for this move and working on every single detail. I am very proud of her and this coming week, I get to flex my old muscles and get my arse in gear. Although we have movers coming for the big stuff, there are many boxes of smaller items that will need toting up to our new home.

Glad to see you guys are at the final stages of this. I hope this goes smoothly for you both.

Sounds exciting!!!

Final day of golf today until Thursday. Much work to do to get our new home ready to move into and boy am I ready to have this over with! It's going to be awesome once we get everything accomplished and then KellyBo can rest :alien: lol. Seriously though she has worked her butt off prepping for this move and working on every single detail. I am very proud of her and this coming week, I get to flex my old muscles and get my arse in gear. Although we have movers coming for the big stuff, there are many boxes of smaller items that will need toting up to our new home.

You guys won't see us online today as we are heading up to our new home for some work. Bug man is coming to treat our home today, a new refrigerator, washer & dryer coming, and I'm toting a truck & trailer load of stuff up to Good Hope. I will check in later this evening if my tired old butt ain't sleeping :beat-up:

Back