The club you won't give up

ok so i had a real short game lesson today at my club and i'm now in LOVE with the 60*cg14 . now i know what to do with it its just awesome, must have have saved me 5 or 6 strokes today

It,s not a certain make or model, but I wouldn't give up my 8-iron. It's basically the one that I can do anything with. Not always successfully but still. I'd take a 6-iron, but I value the short game too much.

It is definitely a darkhorse to most, but for me it would be my 21* Vr Pro Hybrid. It is my go to club and the confidence I have with it just lets me crush it. Probably the most underrated club ever.

My Ping Tour-S 54! Complete confidence in this club!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Nike Method 001 putter. It was an average putter until I added a white sight line that lines up with the black dot and put on a midsize grip. My alignment is much improved and I've been putting "lights out", especially from 10 feet, ever since.

Last edited:
My SeeMore SB2c...i won it at the AC outing and it's been rolling ever since. i've yet to have a round over 30 putts with it...you could say i'm incredibly happy about that portion of my game lol

My 7-iron. 175 yds straight as an arrow every single time

Still my Rescue11 TP 4/21* hybrid

Driver - :taylormade: R-11 9* - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC6.0

Putter - :taylormade: Ghost Spider

My putter, a Piretti Matera Prototype is irreplaceable in my bag! My putting has turned around tremendously since I got this thing! Oh and she's pretty to look at to!

any one of my wedges... probably my 56* most tho.

What piece of equipment do you always try to swap out?

What piece of equipment do you always try to swap out?

What piece of equipment do you keep trying something new but always come back to it? For me, it is my driver. I can hit my I20 driver well but keep buying others thinking it will play better for me only to find that my good ole trusty I20 driver is always better. Now I have a collection of drivers.

lol.. For some reason, in my brain, if a piece of equipment lasts longer than 3 months, it is old. Maybe this is why my handicap is high....

In the past, I changed putters quite often. Drivers too I guess. I tried to mess around with my bag after the Morgan Cup, but as you can see, pretty much everthing is back in the bag. At this point, I'm not really into changing gear if it works for me for some reason. I'm scared to screw up a good thing.

Putters. even when I found something that was working great this year I still tried to change. I'm dumb.

Putters and wedges. I used to swap out drivers quite a bit, but thankfully that has changed.

John Deere Tap'n

I used to swap out wedges and hybrids most often. But I've found some fantastic wedges that are staying in the bag for a long time now. I'm also really digging my mashie plus hybrid. That leaves my 3 wood and I'm hoping that I've found the right one in the Mashie 14° that I just got.

Right now, it's drivers. I must have tried 15 different drivers, and I kept coming back to my old (6 yrs old.) Cleveland. That is, until I got the right shaft, a Miyazaki, for my TM SuperTri. Now, it's the king of the hill. Until something better comes along.

My customized Scotty that my wife got me as a wedding present

2012-04-17_11-24-38_HDR.jpg

2012-04-17_11-30-26_HDR.jpg

P1030916.jpg

My stiff steel shaft PING G5 5 wood. Always makes its way back into my bag

Tapa Slice

None of them!

Each and every club in my bag is very special and earned its way there. Furthermore, each is custom fitted to my particular specs. Each club in my bag has my utmost confidence or it would not be there. These clubs have been with me for quite some time now, and I really can't imagine EVER parting with any of them because they are all so good!

This is not to say I don't have a few other favorites too. Depending on the course I am playing, there are a certain clubs that I are rotated into my mix which are also very special clubs to me. A good example is my 13* V-Steel T/S FW. It replaces my 15* FW when I play certain (longer) courses where reaching par-5's in 2-shots is essential and some extra distance from the fairway is desirable.

I also have several driver and hybird loft options as well. (Same club/shaft type as my others, just different lofts). These include 8.5*/10.5* R500 Tour Drivers and a 16* Rescue-Mid TP Hybrid option all of which see bag time. I will sometimes choose these different loft optins due to varying wind and other (wet/dry /seasonal) course conditions.

Also, because sand density and condiitons can vary quite a bit from course to course, I also have multiple Cleveland CG14 wedge and Niblick loft/bounce options to select from.

When you find clubs/shafts that you KNOW work well for you, I say stick with them! In golf, confidence and consistency is everything! If you are constantly mixing in different clubheads and shaft types, it is hard to find either.

Last edited:
My Titleist 905R seems to always make its way back into my bag. I've tried replacing it with a R7, 909D3, Burner TP, and R11TP. The 909D3 came the closest to replacing it but did not end up being as consistant as the 905R. I think the 905R was one of the best drivers Titleist ever made, you saw a lot of tour pros (like DL3) keeping in their bag for a long time.

Back