• touchdown

Votes: 26 24.5%
  • interception

Votes: 80 75.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched it '100 times', then go back and watch it for the 101st time. The Seattle player and the GB player both have it when they come down. You can't 'have possession' of it when you are up in the air, it only counts when you come down to the ground. When they come down, they both have their hands on it, it is 'simultaneous possession'. Heck, even the announcer can be heard saying it was 'simultaneous possession' as he's calling the play. Heck, one could even argue that since the Seattle guy came down first, then he had possession before the GB player. Yes, the refs missed the pass interference, but they also kept alot of drives going for GB earlier with bad calls. There were bad calls all the way around!

From the NFL Rulebook...
"Hands on the ball" isn't the standard, is it? The defender is possessing the ball when they hit the ground - the ball is cradled to his body, arms wrapped around the ball. The WR just has a hand on the ball.

Touchdown Seachickens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

487528_10151168063693605_262958553_n.jpg

It was an interception. But at this point, it's water under the bridge. It still makes me sad, but there is nothing that will change the Cluster f from Monday.

As long as it ends chutting for any period of time , it can't be a bad thing.

Interception, without a sliver of a doubt. I love that 12 people voted touchdown though; that's funny!

The first ruling was interception/touchback. The second ruling was touchdown.

The ruling on the field stands. I wonder what Trent Dilfer thinks?

Kevin

I realize football is a team sport, vs. golf which is individual. But I love golf because in golf, the intended receiver would have gone to the refs after the play and said "I pushed off, and I grabbed the ball after we all hit the ground. It was an interception! They win!"

touchdown

For some reason I have ESPN on and they just said the NFL agrees with the ruling on the field.. Interesting.. Still disagree interception selectors?

For some reason I have ESPN on and they just said the NFL agrees with the ruling on the field.. Interesting.. Still disagree interception selectors?

Of course they will say that to save face...they also said that was blatant offensive pass interference too

Canadan loves my signature and chutting

How is it saving face if they called out the interference?

They said the interference wasn't called, and it's not reviewable. So it's a moo point in this case.

GB shouldn't have been greedy, knock the ball down and the game is over. Stop trying to pad your stats

How is it saving face if they called out the interference?

There were other pass interference calls missed too that were in the final drive. Football fans have selective memories. I like Tuna's analysis.

Can't believe that there are almost 30% Seahawk homers voting here. Any objective fan has to see that the Packers got shafted by the scab refs. It was mentioned on the tv today that some of these guys were fired from their lower college conference jobs because they couldn't perform there. Now they are NFL refs????

The replacement officials have been terrible, I agree. But, I think when it goes upstairs for a review, those are not replacements, but supervisors. Am I right on that?

Okay so seeing the reveiw countless times today here are my thoughts. Jennings had the ball first and Tate had an arm in there. However when Tate is going to the ground he adjusts and wrestles his way to get two hands on the ball. While Tate is doing all of that Jenning's is in the air or has one foot on the ground and when they are both on the ground they both have a piece of the ball for a simultaneous catch. Hence touchdown.
My question to you guys is an interception in the endzone like a touchdown catch where both feet need to touch in bounds and complete control of the ball must be maintained? If that's the case I never see Jenning's being "down" with control. everyone is so focused on the catch and no one has comented on where the feet are in the sequence of events. If your a Packers fan "Bummer" ha ha Mouch calm down.

There were other pass interference calls missed too that were in the final drive. Football fans have selective memories. I like Tuna's analysis.

I agree. Everyone is focusing on the blown final call, but the Seachickens got robbed on the only td drive for Green Bay with a phantom pass interference call. If they don't call that then there is a good chance the Hail Mary never happens.

Sent from someone else's iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. Everyone is focusing on the blown final call, but the Seachickens got robbed on the only td drive for Green Bay with a phantom pass interference call. If they don't call that then there is a good chance the Hail Mary never happens.

It definitely works both ways!

The replacement officials have been terrible, I agree. But, I think when it goes upstairs for a review, those are not replacements, but supervisors. Am I right on that?

correct. The replay official is not a replacement official

You disappoint me.

Kevin

Stop trying to bully tmex with your scare tactics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back