Reach you 2012 goals?

Reach you 2012 goals?

I'm calling it a year competition wise so I was looking through my targets to see how I did.

I had pretty simple, maybe even weak targets here they are (compared to 2011 stats)

Putts: 30 to 29 (Complete)
FW: 44% to 60%(CLOSE, 55%)
U&D: 55% to 65% (CLOSE, 61%)
Greens: 9.44 to 11 (Not so close, 9.73)

Just wondered how everyone else is doing or has done with their 2012 targets?

Plus, I'm writing my 2013 goals, and need some different types of goals, any input would be cool.

Last edited:
My main goal this year was to play well enough to qualify in the Amateur Championship and I did it back in June. I then had another goal of playing the Delaware Open but I chose not to qualify till I got an email saying there were still spots open so I said why the heck not. Qualified for that as well. So I was 2 for 2 in my goals this year.

But otherwise my goals were to shoot more consistent in the 70s and I have certainly done that compared to 2011. I believe I have doubled the number of rounds under 80 this year over last. But I do wish I would have kept better stats like you did!!

My goals:

1. Get back into the game (completed)
2. Change my ball flight pattern / eliminate my snap hook (completed)
3. Understand my swing enough that I can self correct on the course (completed...mostly)
4. Improve enough & use technology to increase my enjoyment of the game (completed)

I think my 2013 goals are going to be very different, likely scoring / index driven.

Last edited:
I only had one real goal this year..

To stop taking the game so bloody seriously and enjoying even the bad days on the course.

I think I've succeeded in that goal.

My goals for this year were to add some lost distance back to my game and hopefully improve my scoring a little bit.
While I did hit a few bombs with the Cleveland Classic, I'm still missing the consistent distance that I had a few years ago before my shoulder problems.
As for the scoring, for most of the summer I was right where I usually am. Somewhere in the 88 - 90 range. The last day of the club championship, I shot an 80 and if I could have halfway putted, I'd have met my long time goal of finally breaking 80. Still, shooting my lowest ever round by 4 shots was a boost of confidence for my game. Hopefully it will carry over to next week's Ryder Cup style event that I'll be playing in for the third time. My goal this year is to help win the team 4-ball match as well as the individual match play, which I haven't been able to pull off the previous two times that I've participated in this event.

I'm 0/2 so far this year. I wanted to add some distance across the board as well as break 80. I haven't done either yet.

My goal since i pretty much started golf was to break 80 at my home course, i did it 2 days ago by shooting a +4 76. I could have been even better if the couple of par putts i missed had only been hit a little harder, but that is golf.

Sort out the driver - Fail
Sort out the fairway - Fail
Drop handicap by at least 2 - Success and then some
Drop putts per round by 4 - Success and then some
Don't go over 91 all season - Success

I had one goal this year; break 80 on my home course. Been my goal for the last 3 golf seasons. Finally did it this year. Shot a 77. Gonna need a new goal next year...

My main goal was to get to single digits, so I've done that. Not sure what my 2013 goal is yet.

My main two goals for 2012 were both accomplished.

Break 90 for the first time ever. Done! I shot three rounds in the 80s and plenty in the low 90s with a number of those "only if......" shots.
Get my handicap under 20, which I did and am currently at 17.3.

My goal was to try and break 80. I finally did that with a 78.

My big picture goal(as in I never expected it this year) was to get the handicap to single digits and I've dropped from 15 to 10 and my next revision should get me into the single digits. Its been the year that I've spent the most timenon the game and also made the biggest strides. 2012 has rocked!

My goal for 2012 was to break 80, which I did in July. Going to GolfTec for lessons in the beginning of 2013, will think of new goals to set after that.

I didn't set any real goals as far as play. I knew this year would be chaotic with moving. I did play 7 new courses in 2012. I always try to play at least 5 new courses. I might be able to sneak in 1-2 more before the snow flies. I also shot my first round under 70 this summer. Overall the play hasn't been consistent but I had some great rounds and played some really nice courses.

I didn't hit the majority of my goals this year. I did finally end up registerring a handicap, which I hadn't done in 4 years of playing.

Game wise, I wanted to play more, to play better, and score better. I only got about 55 round in this season, had hoped for more. My scoring average was better, but no-where close to where I wanted to be.

It may be a case of expectations that were too high.

Equipment wise, I added new irons, a mashie hybrid, and a new driver. I had added a Seemore FGP Original, but its going to be more of a practice tool for me I think.

My golf goals for this year were to a) break 80 (done), b) drop my handicap from 18 to a more secure number for a future MC (done), meet more THPers (done), and to qualify for the 2013 Morgan Cup (????) 3/4 so far. Hope the fourth will come. :act-up:

I actually didn't have any golf goals for this year, so I suppose I didn't break them.

Check with me next year, the goal is to be scratch by this point next year.

My goal was to break 80 and I regressed pretty badly. I still know I have it in me, but I have some swing issues and on course head issues that are getting in my way at the moment. I am starting to come around with the shorter clubs, but am still wild off the tee and it's hard to score when you are yanking it left, or spraying it right. I felt like this past Saturday, I played the best 9 holes of golf I had played in a while. While not great, there was certainly some glimmers of hope in there and even when I got myself into trouble off the tee, I was able to salvage it with some nice mid-irons into greens.

This is from the goals thread from earlier in the year:

I want to get down to a 15 HDCP or less and break 85 more often than I did this year. Breaking 80 would be a nice bonus.I know I can break 40 for nine holes, so breaking 80 is a possibility.

I got down to a 16.0 the week before the Morgan Cup, broke 85 nine times and shot 85 three times. Broke 80 with a 79 on July 17.

And the season isn't over yet. Definitely another full month of play, probably two. And if it's like last year, I'll be playing all winter. Here's to hoping that's the case.

BUmp because there is a did you reach your goals thread. Might check here first to see what your goals were!

My goals are for this upcoming season in the winter Adams Tour in Houston area. Giving it a whirl.

My goals for 2012:

Play more consistant than last year - handicap low this year 5.9 -last year 5.8 - oh well!
Drink quality Single Malt Scotch - pretty much acomplished - Glen Livet Nadurra, Bunnahabhain, Dalmore, Ardmore, Balvenie, and some Glenfarclas-Check
Combine the two above goals-Check

Goal was a single digit. Never have been, best was one year I hovered in the 10.x index region. Had a good streak, got down in the 11s, and then buggered up my neck somehow and...poof.
We'll get 'em next year.

Back