What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually launced the e6 higher for some reason. I think it might have been compression related.

i played a few callaways today... swing was iffy so i couldnt really critique any of the balls lol

I been playing the E6 but I am thinking of going to a B-330 line just to get a little more spin. E6 running out alot on these hard Alabama greens

Bridgestone e6 yellow.

Didn't score great but I was crushing drives with it.

I started with a Srixon yellow z-star. Lost it on the second hole of my round. Pulled a ball out of the bag. It was a pro v I found a few rounds ago. It has "watch this BS" monogrammed on the side. Weird. Used it the rest of the round.

Tried the Q-Star for 9 holes today and we just didn't get along. Was ok off the driver and irons, but I struggled with distance around and on the greens. Just felt off. Also wasn't seeing the spin on full shots that I'm used to. Could have been me. Who knows. All I know is I switched back to my normal gamer and had no issues on the back. Oh well. Guess I'll shelve them for now. Might give them another chance down the road.

Titelist NXT Tour. They work really well for me, nice distance, good green spin, great feel off the putter. They also wear really well. This is a recent switch for me- I really love the Wilson FG Tour ball, but cosmetically it isn't as white and seems to get sort of dull pretty fast. Both seem to play about the same for my level. I have to be honest, though- I usually go out really early, and end up using a yellow E6 for the first couple of holes- easier for my old eyes to find in the morning haze.

I constantly experiment with golf balls. I love tinkering with my equipment and the ball is the cheapest, or atleast cheaper, way to do it. I especially have a hard time turning down a deal on a quality ball. Grabbed 2 dozen Callaway Hex Black Tours when they had the sale after Ernie won the British. I really enjoyed those even though I have never been big on Callaway balls. My favorite ball and one I buy most often is the Bridgestone B330-RX. I get more distance and I love the durability out of a ball in that price range. I also always keep some of the Noodle Long and Softs in my bag. Best cheap ball I have ever played. Some of my buddies laugh but they are great for when I am trying new things and losing balls is a strong possibility. Also, I tend to be either a pretty consistent bogey golfer but when I have a bad round I blow up terribly. Sometimes I think I need a sports psychologist haha. On those rough days, I go to the Noodle.

Callaway Tour I(x)

Love them but getting hard to find.
I bought a sleeve of Hex Blacks today.
Im hoping it will be my new gamer

Go Big Orange

Anybody seeing good volume deals on golf balls out there. I had picked up several dozen Gamer V2's earlier this year for about a $1 a ball but am running low. Have been poking around some and not currently seeing a similar deal on a nice mid-range type ball.

Thanks

Played the Penta TP-3 for the first time this past weekend (both days). Switched over from Titleist Velocity and LOVED the difference! They were a few bucks more/doz. than the velocity but not as expensive as ProV or the TP-5 with similar feel to the more expensive ball. I'm playing them again this weekend and think I might have found a new favorite...

Found a Rocketballz and I did notice a noticeable increase in driver distance. I wonder if this is due to a reduced spin rate? It didn't check on the green like I am used to but for the money it's a good ball. I lost it and switched back to Hex Black. I like the Black but the durability is an issue.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

Found a Rocketballz and I did notice a noticeable increase in driver distance. I wonder if this is due to a reduced spin rate? It didn't check on the green like I am used to but for the money it's a good ball. I lost it and switched back to Hex Black. I like the Black but the durability is an issue.

Chipped via Tapatalk 2

I was surprised by the Rocketballz as well. Not as much spin on full iron shots as I'd like, but not a bad ball otherwise.

I was surprised by the Rocketballz as well. Not as much spin on full iron shots as I'd like, but not a bad ball otherwise.

How was the sidespin and how much longer off the tee. I am looking for something a bit firmer then the E6.

Played 18 with the e6 again. 3 rounds and im still playing the same bright orange ball. At this rate I dont think ill ever have to buy golf balls again. Lol

Have to say though if it had some greenside spin this would be my ball forever. Lol, only thing I dont like about it is the lack of spin around the green and the fact that you really cant work the ball side to side. Other than that fantastic ball.

Sent from my LG-LG855 using Tapatalk 2

Did either of you notice a dead feeling when the Rocketballz wasn't hit perfectly? I bought some and when struck good with irons they are fine but on fat shots I seem to lose a lot more distance than other balls and it's like hitting a stale marshmallow. I'd say it's just me but I've never had this happen with any other ball.

v2 gamer. price/performance cannot be beat for this ball

Hex Chrome, I love that ball. Dont know why I move away from it.

v2 gamer. price/performance cannot be beat for this ball

I just switched from the V2 gamer to the Taylormade TP3. I think the TP3 is a great ball--stops great on the greens. For some reason, the V2 gamer just didn't feel right on my driver face--it wasn't quite rock like, but it sent my drive into a tail spin. YMMV.

Wilson Elite Fifty Orange. Works great for me. The guy i was playing with said it was hard to track in the air, but I didn't find that a problem. And it was definitely much easier to find in the rough. I like the feel of the ball too and it behaves pretty well for my swing.

How was the sidespin and how much longer off the tee. I am looking for something a bit firmer then the E6.

Sidespin off the driver was average I guess for a ball that is a little more distance oriented. I can slice anything though. :D I might have seen a little more distance off drive but not like 17 yards or anything.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Did either of you notice a dead feeling when the Rocketballz wasn't hit perfectly? I bought some and when struck good with irons they are fine but on fat shots I seem to lose a lot more distance than other balls and it's like hitting a stale marshmallow. I'd say it's just me but I've never had this happen with any other ball.

Didn't notice that but it's been a while since I hit them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I played the B330 and I loved it. I didn't see a massive difference on full shots. But I loved the feel around the greens. Gonna be a keeper in my bag.

man i brought a dozen balls and only 2 of them survived
started with a bunch of cally warbirds
ended with a prov1
today was not a good day to be a ball in my bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back