The Fitness & Workout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's interesting. I can by far bench more flat than any other method. I've never really gotten into decline benching. What area of the chest does that focus on?

I incline with dumb bells. For some reason I can push more weight up that way. Is that normal?
Like Danny said, it's lats. I have no idea why I like it so much, I just do.

Ready to hit the gym in the AM, all excited about it.

I'm feeling it already. I drank too much soda today and now I feel like it affected my keg throwing. Soda is bad for muscles and I still drink it because I love it. I still dominated the gym tonight.

It's minimal engagement but does do better than incline and flat. Personally flat bench is the best for chest and upper pecs.

Used to hangout with a personal trainer chick when I was in Wilmington and she had me doing inverted bench with freeweights or dumbells. Lay face down on a bench and pull up the weight, worked the upper back and shoulders like mad.

I know it's all personal preference but for me, flat bench is the absolute worst exercise for pec development. Sure it's fun to throw up a bunch of weight for ego purposes (we all do it, don't kid yourself), but incline barbell/DB, decline barbell/DB and weighted dips work tons better for actual development for me.

The trainer basically had you doing a form of a row but a really strict/isolated version. I can see where that would be great for upper back. I use t-bar rows for upper/middle back and deadlifts for lower back and of course do pullups/wide grip lat pulldowns on back day as well. That's actually on the agenda for tomorrow.

Swap in some Mio dude, or drink caffeine free soda if you must.

Gotta shake the soda habit man. I was never a big soda drinker myself but I also don't drink enough water. I force it in myself.

I know it's all personal preference but for me, flat bench is the absolute worst exercise for pec development. Sure it's fun to throw up a bunch of weight for ego purposes (we all do it, don't kid yourself), but incline barbell/DB, decline barbell/DB and weighted dips work tons better for actual development for me.

The trainer basically had you doing a form of a row but a really strict/isolated version. I can see where that would be great for upper back. I use t-bar rows for upper/middle back and deadlifts for lower back and of course do pullups/wide grip lat pulldowns on back day as well. That's actually on the agenda for tomorrow.

Interesting. I do everything but the decline work. I'm implementing it Thursday.

Interesting. I do everything but the decline work. I'm implementing it Thursday.

Decline can be great for lower pec development. It's an odd motion if you're not used to it, but the angle really helps you to focus on chest and eliminate the delts from the lift. A lot of people, myself included, let the delts dominate the bench press motion which leads to overdeveloped delts and an underdeveloped chest. The decreased range of motion also will allow you to use more weight, once you get used to the initial movement.

Haha, actually I bench with light weight. If I could get away from doing it altogether I would, always hated the bench press.

Last meal of the day for me.. Finished with 326 grams of protein and somewhere around 3600-3800 calories. I was just over 220 when I weighed in today so progressing nicely.

Bi's and Tri's tomorrow with a bit of chest. Going to hurt like hell for golf Thursday but I really don't care. This sore in my shoulders I actually like, it's a good feeling to know you got good work in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bi's and Tri's tomorrow with a bit of chest. Going to hurt like hell for golf Thursday but I really don't care. This sore in my shoulders I actually like, it's a good feeling to know you got good work in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tri for the eye!

Shoulders and tri's for me today. Going to be a b**** since i'm dead tired and my body is probably not up for workout today. But you wont get bigger if you only lift on "good" days!

Had to skip yesterday because it was Nic's birthday. Stoopid wives and their birthdays. My diet has been terrible over the last few days, but I'm just trying to eat what I normally would for a week or so, just so I can look back over it and give myself a starting point to build my diet plan.

Feeling like I could bust a good workout today. I have the urge for a couple of strip sets to burn myself out.

Is ab work allowed in the pump house?

This morning killed me. Im sore already.

Every time I see this thread pop up, I crack up laughing. The title is hilarious.

Swap in some Mio dude, or drink caffeine free soda if you must.

Gotta shake the soda habit man. I was never a big soda drinker myself but I also don't drink enough water. I force it in myself.

Yeah, Mio and the walmart version are the only way I can drink water. Ive cut way back on soda lately because I know its bad. I dont feel much from my workout last night which tells me I'll be sore as hell tomorrow.

Had to skip yesterday because it was Nic's birthday. Stoopid wives and their birthdays. My diet has been terrible over the last few days, but I'm just trying to eat what I normally would for a week or so, just so I can look back over it and give myself a starting point to build my diet plan.

Feeling like I could bust a good workout today. I have the urge for a couple of strip sets to burn myself out.

Is ab work allowed in the pump house?

Yes it is dude. I hate ab work b/c mine are buried in gut and they hate me for it. I don't do a whole lot but I definitely do some.

Paulo, I have never been a diet'er. But since Erin has turned us on to this paleo diet, I really like it. It's high protein (lots of fish, chicken, pork, and minimal red meat. I imagine you could utilize a lot of lamb), with lots of fruits, nuts, greens. I pretty much eat eggs every morning, either soft boiled or scrambles, with some sort of green. We eat a lot of kale and spinach. What I like about it is that portion control really doesn't matter, it's more about what you don't put in your body. The hardest thing for me has been the no beer. Our first 30 days on this diet there was no beer at all. Now we have a one day per week cheat meal where we go out to eat and that usually consists of beers with dinner and a 12 pack after, LOL.

I was never a big soda person but Mio helps me drink a lot more water than I would if it was just ice water

Yeah, Mio and the walmart version are the only way I can drink water. Ive cut way back on soda lately because I know its bad. I dont feel much from my workout last night which tells me I'll be sore as hell tomorrow.

Yes it is dude. I hate ab work b/c mine are buried in gut and they hate me for it. I don't do a whole lot but I definitely do some.

Paulo, I have never been a diet'er. But since Erin has turned us on to this paleo diet, I really like it. It's high protein (lots of fish, chicken, pork, and minimal red meat. I imagine you could utilize a lot of lamb), with lots of fruits, nuts, greens. I pretty much eat eggs every morning, either soft boiled or scrambles, with some sort of green. We eat a lot of kale and spinach. What I like about it is that portion control really doesn't matter, it's more about what you don't put in your body. The hardest thing for me has been the no beer. Our first 30 days on this diet there was no beer at all. Now we have a one day per week cheat meal where we go out to eat and that usually consists of beers with dinner and a 12 pack after, LOL.

I could do one beer day a week. I don't usually do much more than that on a normal week.

I'm torn about the dieting thing because I don't have a real need to adjust my weight, just more like keep a track of what I'm eating and swap some of the snacks for something more useful. I guess that's the point though. I'm going to look into that paleo one cos I can put away as much chicken and pork and eggs as you can throw at me. You know what, a lot of the time it's not the diet itself (although I struggle with veg), it's the shopping and the prep that kills me. Convenience is just so much more, well, convenient isn't it?

I'm trying to get back into the ab work. Ab Ripper X 4 times a week at the moment. 2 months ago I was knocking it out every day, that's probably too much. If I can get rid of the small amount of fat around my waist through diet, I should see some good results.

Just made out a new playlist for tomorrows session. Some serious heavy metal in there this time haha

Just made out a new playlist for tomorrows session. Some serious heavy metal in there this time haha

Good stuff! Heavy metal is a great tool to get in to beast mode!

I need me some more heavy metal in my pump house mixes. Sometimes techno isn't quite angry enough.

Ab ripper and some body weight stuff last night. Feeling nice and tight this morning.

Here is some of the stuff that made the Pump House playlist

Rammstein, good shout.

Today's session was pretty good I added in a few more bits to push on. The new playlist worked a treat. Just devoured a breast of chicken wrapped in bacon and a shake dam happy i am right now :D

Way to go Kelly! I bet you'd be a fun dude to throw kegs with. I'm heading there at 11. Got a nice little playlist myself my friend.

Throwing Kegs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back