Revolution - Official thread *spoilers*

as long as it's not a hermit fluffer...yeah I'm a victim of the hype machine on this one so maybe I need to ratchet down my expectations on this and let the show develop a bit more

HA!!! That's a terrible fluff score too.

From hearing all you guys thoughts I'm pretty glad I didn't see the whole hype machine on it, apparently I live in a hole because if not for this thread I wouldn't have known about it at all. I'm a fluffy hermit?

The end was a little better. I may turn it on next week but I'm not going out of my way to do it.

With all the hype this thing had and the star power behind it (Abrams, Favreau, etc) I want it to be more than 'ok'

I didn't even know about the show until you posted the thread on it! Never saw any previews or anything.

I'M OUT!!!

I also watched the pilot for the sit com "Partners". I give that one 3 weeks before the axe falls. Why would Superman agree to a role as a gay male nurse with a heart on?

I'm a closet tv nerd

Nothing wrong with that! Just seems I never leave the discovery/history/golf channels nowadays.

With all the hype this thing had and the star power behind it (Abrams, Favreau, etc) I want it to be more than 'ok'

I agree, I really think they should have done a little more on the "back story" to begin with instead of starting just minutes before the blackout....we didn't really have time to get involved in the characters before the lights went out.

I will give it another couple of episodes but it needs to pickup quick or they are going to lose me.

I agree, I really think they should have done a little more on the "back story" to begin with instead of starting just minutes before the blackout....we didn't really have time to get involved in the characters before the lights went out.

I will give it another couple of episodes but it needs to pickup quick or they are going to lose me.

That sounds like the LOST formula. Start at the crash, get involved via flashbacks.

completely agree...the Lost formula can't always work

I am trying real hard to hang on with this show but I just don't see it making it long term.

I thought the second show was much better than the first, but man alive how many side stories and weird turns can one show take. It looks to be a good one so far, will be interesting to get more history next week.

I just watched the first show on DVR, and thought it was OK, I am not thinking I will be changing from my regular Monday night CBS comedy line up ending with Hawaii Five-O. Maybe if I read in this thread it has improved I will catch up.

I'm going to be watching the second episode tonight I do believe, I'm not expecting much but its getting one last shot.

That sounds like the LOST formula. Start at the crash, get involved via flashbacks.

That's exactly what they are trying to do

completely agree...the Lost formula can't always work

The difference in this and LOST is that at least in lost, all of the central characters were on the place to start with...so it was them against the Island and they really had a whole season to develop the Surviors against crazy Island and crazy Island people before they really started with back stories on castaways....this we really got a couple of main characters and they are scattered all over the place and we already have crazy flashbacks and myserious power necklaces and physco militia leaders.....its too scattergunned right now.....like I said...we got invested in LOST because it was this group surviving a plane crash on a crazy island...everything took place in one spot...then once they had us hooked they developed all the crazy stuff.

Gotta watch episode 2 tonight. I like the show so far, hoping it stays good. Personally I don't really care how cheesy this genre of show is to a point because it's my kind of genre and it's entertaining.

I'll give it one more week. Who knows, maybe I'll be one of those guys that watch it just because I hate it LOL. I'm not impressed at all so far. I try not to nitpick movies/shows, but there is just too much to over look in this one so far.

I want to see more about this Randall guy. I want to know who Grace is talking to on the other side of that computer. I want to know how Monroe got his power and how he brainwashed all his men.

I want to see more about this Randall guy. I want to know who Grace is talking to on the other side of that computer. I want to know how Monroe got his power and how he brainwashed all his men.

Yeah, Randall had one of them USBs as well, how many of them are there??? I think there's more than just one person Grace is talking to, How much did Miles have to do with Monroe taking power? Why is Charlie's mom still alive and why didn't she know that?

Sounds like a lot of things have been recycled from Lost.

Yeah, Randall had one of them USBs as well, how many of them are there??? I think there's more than just one person Grace is talking to, How much did Miles have to do with Monroe taking power? Why is Charlie's mom still alive and why didn't she know that?
McGarrett's mom is still alive on Hawaii Five-O too. Must be a new thing to bring back mothers. Wish that happened in real life.

Sounds like a lot of things have been recycled from Lost.

I didn't watch one episode of Lost!

So many good questions in such a bad show. Makes me want to keep watching but I can't help but think it will be a waste of my time.

I have to say that I haven't been enamored with this show, but I'm going to watch for a little while. Not a fan of the characters, or really the acting, as of yet.

The militia clearly has some good firepower capabilities (black dude has a nice pistol, warden had a modern sniper rifle) so why do the soldiers use crossbows and swords? Automatic weapons must not work though or we'd have seen them.

So many good questions in such a bad show. Makes me want to keep watching but I can't help but think it will be a waste of my time.

I used to think that way, I've had quite a few shows I fell in love with in one season just to see them leave, but at least the first season was good for me.

I am still on the fence with this show. I agree with most people the acting isnt the best, but the story is fantastic and it really intrigues me. I really wanna like this show but it may just come down to me finding out what happens through this thread.

Seriously. Tappin'.

Back