What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm totally golf swing fatigued this week and my club feels like it weighs 50 lbs, so I decided to just work on my patio. Almost done with the pavers, though my neighbor says I should leave the sand bare to practice my bunker shots. Probably not very realistic.
199550_352860558138575_1889714857_n.jpg

That is so awesome!!!

I'm totally golf swing fatigued this week and my club feels like it weighs 50 lbs, so I decided to just work on my patio. Almost done with the pavers, though my neighbor says I should leave the sand bare to practice my bunker shots. Probably not very realistic.
199550_352860558138575_1889714857_n.jpg

How is that net Holding up. I almost bought one but heard they tend to not handle real balls well or drivers?

I did fire 1 driver right through it and off into the trees (errr neighborhood) behind my house, but that was because I missed the target fabric, and I had pulled the net back against the rear support rod not giving it time to do it's job before it reached maximum tension and the ball popped through it. As for Irons and fairway woods, I have probably hit 1000 real balls into it and many have missed the target flag and none have gone through other than that one driver. Just raise and lower the target flag depending on the club you are using and you will have no problems. Even with a driver. If you're not confident, just buy a cheap rug and hang it behind the stock target for your driver. For the money $149, I think it's a great net.

Tried playing a quick 9 holes with the wife but cold wind & a little drizzle put an end to that after 3 holes. Tee shots were all over the place & approach shots were either thin or fat, the only good shot got lost on the fairway somehow. We quit keeping strokes after the 1st hole. It could've been a rough day but I was with my wife & hadn't seen her in 5 weeks.

Today I went out and tested some new sticks. I decided to put together a little second set of clubs, just because it's fun and I wanted to try some new things. I want it to be small. Within the little bag is:

A used Cleveland Classic 290 driver. It's 10.5* with the S flex. It goes way out there but today I had a few spray wildly. Gotta get used to the shaft and timing with it. I think it looks fun.
Hybrid 18* Mashie. It was 1/2 off plus I had extra 10% off etc. I have used shorter hybrids but not a "long" hybrid before. It's odd, not exactly like a fairway wood. Going to need adjustment period, but mostly just a smooth easy swing it what it needs.
Some inexpensive muscle/blades from GigaGolf. If you are familiar with that website they are the m510. I got 6-PW. The lofts are about 2 degrees weaker than most current irons. I chose the DG R300 to try something different. For me the S300 felt a bit harsh in my old Mizunos. I have only had one range session and a practice round today (I was alone on course, re-hit a few times to try out the club distances). They are soft and easy to hit.
Cleveland 588 forged sand wedge - 56 loft and 14 bounce. Didn't get any sand practice but a lot of chipping and pitching with it past couple days. It's serious. Good results seem to come from good efforts. Sounds silly as a description but really it feels like a precision tool, one which is exact when used well or can get away from you if poor technique.

Let my wife roll some putts with my err her SeeMore M1. :banghead: Well, at least she will start out using a great putter. I was rolling both of my SeeMores when she decided the M1 was hers. Sure made my decision to game the M5 easy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

So today I went to Dicks sporting goods and the golf tech guy really helped me out today, he showed me how his fitting system worked and let me hit a few shots with the launch monitor. It was the first time that I'd ever used a launch monitor and I hit a few good shots with a random 6 iron he had there. I also was able to try out the RBZ driver today, It was alright, the fathest I hit according to the laungch monitor was 240 and the rest of the shots were about 220. I know that I hit my R11 driver much farther since the shaft I have on there is much better for me, anyways, I can't wait till I buy new clubs cause I'll actually use a launch monitor for once

Cut down, gripped, and tipped a shaft with a Fit adapter. Should be good to go for tomorrow!

Played 18 and got my thp on!

Just did some internet looking.....want to buy a 3 wood since I do not own one and I am pondering a Cleveland Classic!!

Just did some internet looking.....want to buy a 3 wood since I do not own one and I am pondering a Cleveland Classic!!

Go for the classic man, it's a great driver-I got to test it out at one of the cleveland demo days, absolutely killed the Black driver though.

As fas as 3 woods why not run over to dicks sporting goods, they had a sale today where you buy a callaway driver and got the matching wood for free, they had the RAZR hawk for 199 and that's with a free 3 wood

Walked nine after work by myself. A little chilly, overcast and bleak looking. The course was empty, scrubby, greens rock hard like concrete. For the first few holes had some straight ball flights and got to the point where in my mind it starts talking to myself about 'oh boy, this is gonna be a great round!'. FF to a few holes later - I'm 3 over thru seven, trying to hold on to a sub-40 score for nine holes, and... pull draw one down left side, being too greedy trying to carve off some of the hole, and hear the *clank* sound of my golf ball finding trees and bushes. Played provisional, and the first was a lost ball, ended up with 42 after bogey on #9 despite hitting good drive and approach (I thought) but which bounced off the back and didn't get the up n down.

Went to my league banquet, took home the low gross average trophy and par and birdie points cash. Cha-Ching!

I played nine holes of golf, got gifted a sleeve of ProV1's, a sleeve of Penta TP3's, and two Lamkin RELs in dark blue.

...is it bad that I am most excited about the RELs?

I played nine holes of golf, got gifted a sleeve of ProV1's, a sleeve of Penta TP3's, and two Lamkin RELs in dark blue.

...is it bad that I am most excited about the RELs?

not bad at all lol, what did you not like about the TP3?

Played 18 holes in the late morning an than a large bucket in the afternoon.

played 18 and worked on my morgan cup video ideas.

Hit the range at my local golf club. Nice 8am in the morning session hitting everything down from a 7 iron.

I met up with forum member Ryan Bass to trade some golf balls.

filmed and edited my Morgan Cup Bio

Received my irons, cut off grips, cut down shafts and cleaned them up. Now just waiting on my grips to arrive so I can install them.

Received my irons, cut off grips, cut down shafts and cleaned them up. Now just waiting on my grips to arrive so I can install them.

What irons? I missed ur purchase

Hit the range. Hit about 150 balls split between 100+ shots and short game. I spent a lot of time focusing on my routine, trying to keep everything consistent, and hitting like I would on the course. Pretty comfortable except all my misses are pretty big hooks. Releasing my hands early?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back