The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event - How To Enter The 2013 Morgan Cup

I'm glad I waited a bit longer....yet another idea as I was going to bed last night!

Promo or personal vid?

hah, I did it like ripping a bandaid. Make the videos, send the videos. I've missed out on a bit of the action in here, but mostly because I'm trying to avoid second guessing already submitted material.

Best of luck Icey!!

Good luck to you as well, I know exactly what you mean, I second guessed myself as soon as I stopped filming both, that's probably why I had like 10 takes of each!!!

I am literally stuck with my promo. I know which company I want to do, but I don't know how I'm gonna do it. I need to get my crap together within the next 24 hours.

You should be all dialed in now young blood. It should be solid!!!

Plan on competing the promo and final edit tonight. Morgan will have them by morning.

Plan on competing the promo and final edit tonight. Morgan will have them by morning.

Yep. I've got it all down on paper now. Just gotta get out there and film for an hour or so.

nice homey! I hope you left your back pack at home. :)

nice homey! I hope you left your back pack at home. :)

:laughing: I was afraid they were gonna arrest him or something..hehe

I can't fathom why everyone doesn't feel this way either.

Another reason is there are those of us who don't feel we're ready for the Morgan Cup yet. Sure, 18 handicaps are accepted and I feel confident I will be below an 18 by the time the cup rolls around, but I don't want to be the weakest link. I want to be at least a middle-of-the-road guy. So, I'm not entering this year, but will be doing whatever other THP events I can in an effort to get prepared to enter next year.

Another reason is there are those of us who don't feel we're ready for the Morgan Cup yet. Sure, 18 handicaps are accepted and I feel confident I will be below an 18 by the time the cup rolls around, but I don't want to be the weakest link. I want to be at least a middle-of-the-road guy. So, I'm not entering this year, but will be doing whatever other THP events I can in an effort to get prepared to enter next year.

Do what ever you need to do but I have not heard one person from the last MC or the 1st complain or feel they were a weak link on their team. The competition is a part of it. But there is so much more than hitting a golf ball. Good watch the video recaps and then come back and talk to me.

It's not for everyone but this isn't 'The weakest Link' either. Do your thing bro and it will shine!!

A couple of things.
1) You are there as part of a team. You play as a team, win as a team, and lose as a team. But in the realm of things the winning/losing is not important.
2) Nothing motivates your golf game like a big opportunity, and this is a huge opportunity. If you want to look at guys from last year, check out TripleBogeyTim or SW. Both were higher hdcps at the time they were selected. Both of them worked their rear ends off and TBT headed in to the MC with a sub 13 cap, and SW was down under 15.

I completely understand if someone doesn't think they can commit the time and effort to the event, I really do.

Great post ddec. One of the better ones ive seen in here, and there have been a lot! Definitely a 1-2 piece of straight golf right there.

Do what ever you need to do but I have not heard one person from the last MC or the 1st complain or feel they were a weak link on their team. The competition is a part of it. But there is so much more than hitting a golf ball. Good watch the video recaps and then come back and talk to me.

It's not for everyone but this isn't 'The weakest Link' either. Do your thing bro and it will shine!!

Like Freddie said...don't concentrate on that part of it....as a 19 now, I am sure can get well under that by next July.

Going into last year, I was a 17-18, Smallville was an 18+, Hanks was in that neighborhood too and so was Hawk.....yet we were all productive for our teams and had the time of our lives!!

Don't let that part stop you....if you think you want to be a part of it then make some videos and get them in....I can promise you won't regret it!

The Morgan Cup is such a unique event that if you are interested, meet the requirements, and can commit to the time it takes to represent THP and your sponsors, then IMO you owe it yourself to apply and see what happens. I know I would be full of regret if I did not apply the last time around. Just my $0.02.

A couple of things.
1) You are there as part of a team. You play as a team, win as a team, and lose as a team. But in the realm of things the winning/losing is not important.
2) Nothing motivates your golf game like a big opportunity, and this is a huge opportunity. If you want to look at guys from last year, check out TripleBogeyTim or SW. Both were higher hdcps at the time they were selected. Both of them worked their rear ends off and TBT headed in to the MC with a sub 13 cap, and SW was down under 15.

I completely understand if someone doesn't think they can commit the time and effort to the event, I really do.

Thanks Bro!

A couple of things.

And SW was the only person in the MC to go 3-0 in his matches.

And SW was the only person in the MC to go 3-0 in his matches.

He was actually 4-0...Sunday match was 2 matches in one....remember :D

A couple of things.

Ddec is wise. Anyone who can swing it should try to get into the Morgan Cup. I can't see why one wouldn't if they can afford it and have time.

And I will add to that....I went 1-3 in the Morgan Cup.....nobody has ever given me any grief about that at all....So dont worry so much about the competition aspect of it.....if it's something you want to do, then go for it!

Danny can potentially run his record to 9-0. I like his chances

Danny can potentially run his record to 9-0. I like his chances

he could be the weanis, I mean the Ian Poullter of the Morgan Cup

And I will add to that....I went 1-3 in the Morgan Cup.....nobody has ever given me any grief about that at all....So dont worry so much about the competition aspect of it.....if it's something you want to do, then go for it!

except your captain. He's just a sore loser though so he begged to come back hehe

Back