What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B330-S still killing it for me. Thought about switching to the B330 for the crazy wind day here but it actually worked out well.

i found an old B330S and played it for a few holes the other day but i need the extra distance so i stick with the B330! lol

i found an old B330S and played it for a few holes the other day but i need the extra distance so i stick with the B330! lol

"Need" eh? haha, I like the added action on the S.. I think they are both fantastic balls.

I need to continue to try the 330rx, I tried the rxs over the last few weeks, just not for me, distance killer off tee

"Need" eh? haha, I like the added action on the S.. I think they are both fantastic balls.

i think they are pretty close. i actually only play the B330 cause i like the way it rolls out when i chip around the green.

I bought a dozen E5's on a whim to try a 2 piece urethane ball. Scored the same as I did with tour balls but the scoring was different. I usually end a round with 35 putts, sometimes less, sometimes a couple more but that's my average. With the E5 I had 41 and I can't put my finger on why. It was better on the irons but on a full PW shot to the green it released and rolled for me pretty good. I'm not a great ball spinner (as my handicap indicates) but I can stop a TP3/Pv1 pretty close to the place it lands with a normal shot. I think I'm going to stick to recycled PV1's and the TP3's on sale because my iron game is slowly getting better which is where I come up short with tour balls so as it improves, I don't want to give up my 1.88 putts per hole average because I worked pretty hard to get it down there.

Was out of prov1x no b330 at the course was very windy today so I tried the cally hex chrome. This ball does do better in wind than any I have tried in the wind and seemed long off the tee. Will try the black soon.

I wish it was. I'm good for 190-225 for most drives, but usually straight down the middle. It's not too bad from the forward tees.
you would give alot of the guys i pair up with a run for their money. im friends with more than a few low hcp women/girls and its hilarious when we play with randoms

today i played a prov1 and it is just a solid ball all the way around

I like the b330s for the short iron spin and wedge spin i like to attack the pin and can stop the ball on a dime with the 330s

For some reason the ProV1X is just killing it for me lately. Straight, long, great check up. Could the cold weather make me like this ball now when earlier this year the Srixon Z-Stars were the ball for me?

Played the last 3 rounds with the v2 gamer since others on here liked it, after needing to use a $10 coupon (they were only 19.99 before the coupon). Wanted to play it a few times to get a feel for it as first time I played it was on a new to me course, second time didn't strike the ball well, then today, hit it better but only played 9. The E5 is my normal ball, and I would say the v2 has a noticeably less spin around the green, especially on less than full shots and chips, but I still can stop it pretty much where it hits with full swing short irons. My home course is usually pretty soft, so that helps. Chips do seem to roll out a little more, but it's not a rock. Distance looks to be real close off driver and irons. Not bad for the price.

Put all my found Pro V's into play and am not too sad to have lost quite a few. A bit too much spin off the driver for my liking. I did enjoy them off iron shots and putting. Very nice feel. Distance wise, they did not come up short by much, but I found the TM Penta's and Bridgestone's E6 to be longer, the E6 being my favorite. I just ordered more E6's for future play. The remainign Pro V's will come into play on a more open course.

I'm really diggin the TP3 lately. Starting to go away from the $4 ball this time of year and with the TP3 I haven't really noticed a difference in performance

Tapa Slice

Gamer V2. Why did I ever try to go away from it?

prov1 again
3 birdies dont lie
solid all around on a very fun round

I played my second round with a TP3 that I found the other day, I am quite impressed with it. Pretty straight off the tee and solid distance as well, and the durability is off the charts. The ball only has one minor scuff after two full rounds, I may have to pick up a couple dozen during the offseason.

Bridgestone E6. Really calms down my hook just enough to stay in play more often then not when I catch a bad one, but also works well enough around the greens for me.

I am between balls right now, Pro V1x and the old Bridgestone 330. I finally broke 80 this year with the 330 but everyone talks about how good the Pro is. We will soon see!

Put all my found Pro V's into play and am not too sad to have lost quite a few. A bit too much spin off the driver for my liking. I did enjoy them off iron shots and putting. Very nice feel. Distance wise, they did not come up short by much, but I found the TM Penta's and Bridgestone's E6 to be longer, the E6 being my favorite. I just ordered more E6's for future play. The remainign Pro V's will come into play on a more open course.

I have to agree with what you have said but I am getting slightly bored with the E6 but that maybe down to losing my last batch quickly and it probably never helped that I was switching between e6 and e7's each round so was not getting the same consistency!

I have to agree with what you have said but I am getting slightly bored with the E6 but that maybe down to losing my last batch quickly and it probably never helped that I was switching between e6 and e7's each round so was not getting the same consistency!

I should try and use the golf balls I like more often, but I try not to purchase overly expensive ones. Unfortunately, I could only test the Pentas for one round since I only had 3 of them. I tend to lose 2 balls per round which leaves me with one or two rounds to test a sleeve. Any new golf ball types you are itching to try Barry?

I played some Maxfli Revolution Spin balls today they were great off my 5wd, irons and putting. They were easy to stick on the green even with a 6i and checked well out of the crappy hard wet bunkers they had today. Chips and pitches checked when I wanted and released well when I wanted. I'm unsure on the driver as i was a bit Helter-Skelter today with it. A couple times off the driver did this weird dance thing in the air that I have never seen before in which it looked like a knuckle ball then straightened out it was super weird. Over all I really liked this ball especially at two dozen for 20 bucks. As a bonus it was about 40 when we teed off and about 60 when we finished and I didnt notice any loss in distance over a penta, e6, mojo or any other ball i have played.

I played the Titleist test ball I got in the mail. It didn't do so well with the wind. Seems to be a very high spin ball to me.

I played the Titleist test ball I got in the mail. It didn't do so well with the wind. Seems to be a very high spin ball to me.

Played with it today too and I noticed the same thing. Into the wind it went nowhere. Thing spun like crazy though off a wedge. What version do you think you have Smallie?

Prov1

Hadn't played it much as of late, felt good today, decent distance, torn between it and 330rx

Prov1

Hadn't played it much as of late, felt good today, decent distance, torn between it and 330rx

The prov1 is a dang good ball. Played it a few weeks back for the first time and enjoyed it. Besides the price that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back