Phil Mickelson MNF million dollar shot

They just BRIEFLY showed it on sportscenter. Didn't look that exciting and you couldn't see much from the one replay they showed.

Weird to see a golf ball flying through a football stadium. I am surprised they even showed anything on Sports Center.

Quick 10 sec clip just now. Long due to ball flyng further at night according to Phil

Sent from my GtabComb using Tapatalk 2

They just showed it on the aftergame show covering the highlights. He was long by about 4 and a half yards it looked like. He had to hit a 5 ft circle target for the million. Really had no chance. It was all set up on a huge plastic sheet about 25 yards square, so no way for the ball to check up or anything. It hit and took off like a shot. I'm sure it was entertaining if you were at the game anyway.

They just showed it on the aftergame show covering the highlights. He was long by about 4 and a half yards it looked like. He had to hit a 5 ft circle target for the million. Really had no chance. It was all set up on a huge plastic sheet about 25 yards square, so no way for the ball to check up or anything. It hit and took off like a shot. I'm sure it was entertaining if you were at the game anyway.

Not to mention he was on a mat!!! They should have given him 2-3 shots!

It looked like they could have done a better job with the execution from the brief clip. Good try Phil, should have accounted for the night conditions better.

I'll have to be on the lookout for the video

I was miffed they didn't take the time to show it last night......

Love the maturity of the crowd. Nothing like booing something/someone done for charity.

It's too bad he air mailed it. Oh well.

a few things

1. His wedges should have had spinners in them.
2. Why was everyone making noise while he was hitting, should hav been quiet
3. What ball was he using? Hard to believe he couldnt get any bite on that tarp

I'm a huge Phil fan, but I thought 17 thumps up to the crowd was a little excessive

a few things

1. His wedges should have had spinners in them.
2. Why was everyone making noise while he was hitting, should hav been quiet
3. What ball was he using? Hard to believe he couldnt get any bite on that tarp

It clearly wasn't a Pinnacle..

Between the ball moving better at night and what I assume was plenty of adrenaline after heaving that many people cheer, I'm impressed he came that close.

I'm a huge Phil fan, but I thought 17 thumps up to the crowd was a little excessive

hahaha I wonder how many people who were there now think that is a golf thing..

yeah I agree, what happened to the good ol head nod, tip of the cap or even a hand wave

That green wasn't the biggest I've seen....he didn't land that far away from the spot. Great job by Phil.

He was more accurate than Rivers was

That green wasn't the biggest I've seen....he didn't land that far away from the spot. Great job by Phil.

I blame the mat he was hitting off of. That screwed up Hawk and I down in MB too

I blame the mat he was hitting off of. That screwed up Hawk and I down in MB too

Yep. Phill should have talked to us first.

Kind of confused why they had him got off the mat. Parts of the field had divots from the players cleats which seemed bigger than a golf divot. Glad to see he at least won some money for the charity.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

So much for the short game master, but honestly it's sad he couldn't pull off the shot under pressure.

Hey' where were the guys with the "QUIET" signs. Its even more funny how the anouncer says "lets hear it for him" just when he's about to swing. Like as if 60,000 screaming fans wasnt already enough to deal with he gets them to roar even louder to almost set him up for a fail so they wont have to pay.

Thats alotta pressure even for fun! ..I feel that when teeing off on #1 in front of a dozen people near the club house and half of um arent even paying attention. Imagine 120,000 eyes looking at you as you address the ball.

I'd probably just crap my pants right then and there, take a divot out of the mat, lose grip on the club, send it flying into the stands, and hit a fat one that rolled out to the 10 yrd line.

Back