2013 Morgan Cup Videos Due 10/20/12

I've been working on my and hope to have it completed by Friday. This is such an amazing opportunity.

I am right there with Hawk in that I'm more than willing to offer some assistance if any of you guys have any questions or want to someone to bounce an idea off of. If you haven't submitted a video yet and you're well within the requirements set forth please consider doing it. Look at guys like dhjkelly, INgolfer and Tnolan. Prior to the 2012 Morgan Cup announcements they were quite quiet and rather new around here. They still submitted videos and well.....now they're rock stars!

Isn't that the truth! This is far from a popularity contest if anyone is thinking that. Last year, it was all about the videos and as we have been told, it's the same again this year.

There is no viewing party, so if you are shy and don't want to share with the forum - ONLY the judges have to see them!

You will have regrets if you are even thinking about it and don't give it a shot!!!

I've been working on my and hope to have it completed by Friday. This is such an amazing opportunity.

Good to hear man, i think that makes all 4 of our Outing 4some submitting entries. Sweet.

I'm certain mine will be submitted around 11 PM Saturday night. The personal video is killing me!

I'm certain mine will be submitted around 11 PM Saturday night. The personal video is killing me!

just stand there and say. Hi I'm Danny. and let the camera run for 55 seconds and then say. Thanks for watching.

Your personal video last year was very good and I am sure this one will be as well. I hope Mr. Unbeaten ends up on my team again.

Your personal video last year was very good and I am sure this one will be as well. I hope Mr. Unbeaten and I end up on Dean's team again.

I think that's what you meant right?:alien:

just stand there and say. Hi I'm Danny. and let the camera run for 55 seconds and then say. Thanks for watching.

You joke, but I actually did something very similar to that for my first take. Not 55 seconds, but close. My co-workers thought it was a riot but I deleted it.

Your personal video last year was very good and I am sure this one will be as well. I hope Mr. Unbeaten ends up on my team again.

I still can't believe we never got a round in, but you got to play with Jake on Sunday so it equals out.

I think that's what you meant right?:alien:

Something like that.

You joke, but I actually did something very similar to that for my first take. Not 55 seconds, but close. My co-workers thought it was a riot but I deleted it.

I still can't believe we never got a round in, but you got to play with Jake on Sunday so it equals out.

I didn't get a round in with either of you guys and that needs to be fixed.

One of my bloopers looks exactly like this. I said my name then froze. 15 seconds of pure silence followed. :)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk 2

I'm shooting my videos tomorrow. I'm an idiot. Meant to be done by now but life happens. I've got a solid idea for the promo, I think, but I agree with SW that the personal video is killing me. I dont know what the heck to say!

I decided to apply. Mine are being recorded today.

I'm shooting my videos tomorrow. I'm an idiot. Meant to be done by now but life happens. I've got a solid idea for the promo, I think, but I agree with SW that the personal video is killing me. I dont know what the heck to say!

Just be yourself. What does the MC mean to you? What will you bring to the MC? Why do you want this opportunity? Once you get into it the one minute max will fly by and you will be wishing there was more time available.

man, this is kind of a bummer.

Kinda. But honestly I am 10x's more excited to get mine in now! I wish I had someone near me with a good camcorder and I'd be doing it right now! Men will definitely be in by Saturdays deadline! I can't see this years event not being as good as/ better than the previous two. And if I can in someway get picked to represent THP in this I'm definitely gonna do my part to see that it tops last year!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

don't over think it. Just be yourself.

I decided to apply. Mine are being recorded today.

Glad you decided to give it a go.

I'm happy to hear from all of those who have decided to enter. Best of luck everyone!

Just be yourself. What does the MC mean to you? What will you bring to the MC? Why do you want this opportunity? Once you get into it the one minute max will fly by and you will be wishing there was more time available.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the tips. I think I just put too much pressure on myself when shooting the video. Just need to relax and let my personality show. My first takes I look like I'm a robot or something. Not me at all.

Here is what I'm not understanding. The personal video is a bio of you and why you want to be in the MC. It's not a comedy show or a Chunky moment. It's you really speaking from your heart and sharing a little something about you. It shouldn't be forced and a search for words shouldn't be issue.
I know this is easier for some but if your looking for the big hook.....it's the MC!

Here is what I'm not understanding. The personal video is a bio of you and why you want to be in the MC. It's not a comedy show or a Chunky moment. It's you really speaking from your heart and sharing a little something about you. It shouldn't be forced and a search for words shouldn't be issue.
I know this is easier for some but if your looking for the big hook.....it's the MC!

I think this is the much easier of the two! No editing no special effects. Just me! That's what I plan on for mine!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I agree Freddie, and it's not my message that is the problem, it's my delivery. I know what I want to say about the MC and what it means to me. For some odd reason, when we press record, I become very shy and a little tense which is NOTHING like me. I just want to make sure that my personal video really shows who I am, and how much I care about the MC, and not just some guy that sounds like he's reading a script (which I don't have). Im a teacher, it's not about talking in front of people or anything like that, it's really weird and hard to explain.

see i went a different route but i think it is who i am, guess i gambled and thats fine if i get in i get in if not i'll support it like i have in the past.

see i went a different route but i think it is who i am, guess i gambled and thats fine if i get in i get in if not i'll support it like i have in the past.

I think you will do fine. I dont think there really is a "right or wrong" with these videos, especially the bio one. Just be you and talk to the camera for a minute

Last edited:
Can we enter more than once?

Back