Electronics Pondering with Kmac, Tmex and Coolbreeze

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah dude, go to the standard messaging app and go in to the settings and turn notifications off. Then, you wont see it.

Well that makes sense. I was trying to find it in the GO settings but couldnt find it. I will go do that.

I was able to turn off my standard messaging notifications through the go sms settings..

I looked for a bit and couldn't find it. I will just use War's suggestion as it seems the most simple.

Well that makes sense. I was trying to find it in the GO settings but couldnt find it. I will go do that.

I looked for a bit and couldn't find it. I will just use War's suggestion as it seems the most simple.

Under basic settings.. set default sms or something like that..

I wanted to post two new electronics purchases I made, that I am now in love with.

First, Filetrete WiFi enabled Thermostat
I picked this up at Home Depot for $99. It lets me adjust my temp and schedule from both my iPhone and a web page. I can set all kinds of schedules and hit an away feature that lets it go to a high AC temp or a low Heat temp while we are not at the house. I can also check the temp from anywhere I am at. I had just a basic Thermostat before this and this is a huge upgrade.
fTJk1VHsfNhsh--MtxtuDddXGZUIW2LFo5lPyrw3TeugOKCFSUq6msl9CdW33KC_jYWKkgE8qv63xBM7jNFMNs6-MaL3aZCf_uaVwiyWrZTTbSTgh3z36uM1lj9CEyajBdcHuUIaYvCm5UzaeS6O-yrtVtRLXosPPs7LnurjlRXsVJZGBmL39S3Gj_6HiNNepl1TXRn9yUzjNfzYkv0Tr-By21w=s220-c

Second, Belkin WiFi WeMo Switch
This let you turn stuff on and off from your phone. It also lets you set schedules for what ever is plugged in to it. We have two lamps in our den connected to it. I was able to set a weekday (Lamps on in the morning and at night for certain time periods) and weekend (no morning, but longer night period). I can also turn them on from my phone at anytime. It is so sweet. It was a little bit expensive at $49, but I thought one was worth it. I am not sure if I would use it anywhere else but lights.

s0553577_sc7

@Grant, great find on the WeMo switch. I will have to pick one up before my next vacation trip.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Well...I finally did it. Got the iPhone 5 yesterday. So far I really like it. It's quite fast.

@Grant, great find on the WeMo switch. I will have to pick one up before my next vacation trip.

It is sick dude. I use it all the time now. You can get them at Staples and Target.

I almost grabbed an S3 off eBay. Figure if I can get one for the right price, I could sell my iphone and not be out a ton of $$$.

I got to hold the Note 2 demo over the weekend. It is big as expected. I can hold it one handed and swipe part of the screen. Makes sense :rolleyes: It is crazy thin. I put it in my pocket to compare to the S3 and it does fit but one corner is poking out. I don't think I would be able to sit down with it in my pocket.

Would I get it? Yes, just that's if I didn't have a S3 already. If I really need all S pen stuff, I would but may need to get a holster. I hate holsters unless they make a shoulder holster like they do for guns

It is sick dude. I use it all the time now. You can get them at Staples and Target.

I will stop by Home Depot and pick one up or go to Target. Thanks for the recommendation!

so the more I think about it, since I already have a Mac book pro, I will probably get the Ipad mini, it's 326 isn't it? although I like the Ipad 2 which is almost the same price and has the same chip, I think the bigger one is too bulky for my purposes. and I sure don't want to pay 500 for the retina display model

I almost grabbed an S3 off eBay. Figure if I can get one for the right price, I could sell my iphone and not be out a ton of $$$.

Do it!! An S3 to go along with the si3 you're going to end up buying haha!

Hmm......

Im currently trying to figure out how to take my old hard drive apart of my old 360 and install it in to my new one. Seems pretty easy.

Hmm......

Im currently trying to figure out how to take my old hard drive apart of my old 360 and install it in to my new one. Seems pretty easy.

Which Xbox do you have? Is it a newer one that needs to open up to get to it?

Hmm......

oh the new ones aren't compatible? /i live in a cave lol

Hmm......

I can see it now....
Spoiler
Xbox-360-Red-Ring-of-Death-a.jpg

Hmm......

dang that was fast, didnt you order the new one online over the weekend?

Hmm......

JN literally just did it a few days ago. Once you crack that big goofy case it's just about the same as the new hard drive

I can see it now....
Spoiler
Xbox-360-Red-Ring-of-Death-a.jpg
Are there red rings on the new black slim 360?
dang that was fast, didnt you order the new one online over the weekend?
I never completed the purchase on Amazon. Figured I may be able to rig it and save the $40.
JN literally just did it a few days ago. Once you crack that big goofy case it's just about the same as the new hard drive
I thought so. I watched a YouTube video on how to do it, that makes me pretty much an expert on it.

I thought so. I watched a YouTube video on how to do it, that makes me pretty much an expert on it.

Without a doubt hehe. Yes, there are RROD's on the new XBox. I saw some dead ones in the shop I went to to get my old 360 fixed. It just doesn't happen as often.

I can't wait to have my contract run out. I want the iPhone 5. I know everyone is raving about the S3 but I am not a fan of android and loved my 3gs so I want to get back to Apple and the iPhone.

Are there red rings on the new black slim 360?

I never completed the purchase on Amazon. Figured I may be able to rig it and save the $40.

I also watched a YouTube video before I did it, and it's tedious getting the hard drive aligned into the ports inside the xbox slim, but it worked fine and has been working well ever since. And I think the new Xbox slims don't have a red ring, but a red dot, if I remember correctly. Just be careful and don't force anything.

I also watched a YouTube video before I did it, and it's tedious getting the hard drive aligned into the ports inside the xbox slim, but it worked fine and has been working well ever since. And I think the new Xbox slims don't have a red ring, but a red dot, if I remember correctly. Just be careful and don't force anything.
I have to line it up directly in the center of the port, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back