wow... ppl are acting like its the zombie apocalypse
did you absolutely need to get gas? to go to work or something? cuz i woulda avoided that scene like it was covered in zombies

It does remind me of the panic in zombie movies

anyways, I hope you all are ok!

I was thinking the same thing. Glad you got what you needed. If you had enough gas to wait that long how important was it to get the gas? Or are you freaking out thinking if you dont get some now it will all be gone when you do need it? Stay safe and classy man.

4 hours and 15 minutes later I got gas. The place was madness.

I'm so happy you got there in the end! I woke up, and started thinking if Ricky got gas or not! Glad you made it!

I've been looking through some pictures of the aftermath, and I can't imagine what you all are going through over there, my prayers go out to all of you! be safe and stay warm! And hopefully the gas lasts and new supplies get their soon as well as relief! and power too!

We needed gas for the generator as well as I needed gas for my car. If it was just my car I wouldnt have gone. Looks like alot of people have gotten their power back. Still nothing for me. My sister sent me a text at 3:45 this morning to tell me she got power back. Its pretty cold this morning. Temp dropped to 52 in the house overnight. Holding out hope that power will come back soon. When we turn the generator off during the day for a bit the water immediately fills the hole up by the sump pump so it is still concerning me. Not sure where all the water is coming from as we really didnt get a ton of rain during the storm. We live on the side of a mountain so I guess its everyone elses runoff. The water is the only reason I dont want to leave here. I am not dealing with water on the basement again.

I wish there was something I could do to help you Dev. This spot you are in is not fun at this time of year. All I can say is that it will come to an end. Keep the faith brother.
We needed gas for the generator as well as I needed gas for my car. If it was just my car I wouldnt have gone. Looks like alot of people have gotten their power back. Still nothing for me. My sister sent me a text at 3:45 this morning to tell me she got power back. Its pretty cold this morning. Temp dropped to 52 in the house overnight. Holding out hope that power will come back soon. When we turn the generator off during the day for a bit the water immediately fills the hole up by the sump pump so it is still concerning me. Not sure where all the water is coming from as we really didnt get a ton of rain during the storm. We live on the side of a mountain so I guess its everyone elses runoff. The water is the only reason I dont want to leave here. I am not dealing with water on the basement again.

Really sorry to hear of your troubles here Dev, you've had it rough man. Try to keep the chin up and battle on for your family.

Thoughts are with everyone affected over there.

Thanks to everyone for your well wishes and prayers they are appreciated. This is the paper from today. Couldnt have said it better myself:
aje9umev.jpg

Hearing no gas deliveries until Monday in some areas. Cant believe what is happening. There are people siphoning gas out of out of peoples cars during the night.

hang in there Dev, continuing to pray for you guys and all others impacted by this

something that's not being talked about as much as the water issue is the fact that a lot of the beach side towns have up to 6' of sand in the streets which is preventing emergency services from getting in to seal up the exposed gas lines and taking care of the downed wires.

I've been looking through some pictures of the aftermath, and I can't imagine what you all are going through over there, my prayers go out to all of you! be safe and stay warm! And hopefully the gas lasts and new supplies get their soon as well as relief! and power too!

something that's not being talked about as much as the water issue is the fact that a lot of the beach side towns have up to 6' of sand in the streets which is preventing emergency services from getting in to seal up the exposed gas lines and taking care of the downed wires.

Its absolutely brutal down the shore. Check the link I posted earlier with the before and after shots. It's going to take probably 10 years for them to rebuild. Just total devastation.

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone that was impacted. Some of the reports are truly scary, while others are just bewildering

Just heard that NJ refused help from non-union utility workers because they werent in a union. If thats true, I am done with this state.

Wow that's ridiculous Dev, plus that's crazy about the sand too. Man I pray your power goes on today, it sounds chilly !! And I pray they get this settled before next weeks storm. Hang in there man!! And hopefully you can put your car inside a garage or backyard, or just jump out and scare those filthy stealers.

'Wingin' it with Tapatalk

Dev, if you need anything, let me know. I feel so very lucky. Power went off and on on Monday night several times. But power come on and stayed on. I've had some neighbors who have no power come over for showers and a hot meal. Again, I am very lucky.

The only thing I need is gas for my car. Right now I have to drive and wait for gas here in NJ this weekend or go to PA.!!! Very long lines, a mile or 2 minimum. I will have to wait like Dev did.

Sorry to hear how bad things still are for you guys. Looks like my company may been sending me out that way next week to adjust insurance claims.

Thanks Canio. I appreciate it. My sister got power back at around 3:45 this morning. I am going there for dinner tonight.

Just heard that NJ refused help from non-union utility workers because they werent in a union. If thats true, I am done with this state.

Ah, silly NJ.

I can't believe that link. Wow!!! How can a state refuse workers because they are not in a union. Put the people first. Dev I hope your doing well this weekend. Hang in there man I'm sure you will be back in no time.

Still no power. My wife found a 6000 watt generator in Albany. She just got home with the baby. We are able to run the electric fireplace, the sump pump and the fridge. I am soo happy they are home. Still gonna probably be a few days before we get power back. My town is just destroying the power company on twitter and facebook for their lack of information and work. They said by tomorrow they would have over 800 homes restored. Earlier they put out a town by town list and they didnt restore power to a single home in my town. I have been patient but going on 6 days is a bit insane. Regardless, my girls are home and I am a happy man.

I'm happy your girls are home bro, I hope you've had some sort of running water at least, and I'm glad your wife found a large generator.

Still no power. My wife found a 6000 watt generator in Albany. She just got home with the baby. We are able to run the electric fireplace, the sump pump and the fridge. I am soo happy they are home. Still gonna probably be a few days before we get power back. My town is just destroying the power company on twitter and facebook for their lack of information and work. They said by tomorrow they would have over 800 homes restored. Earlier they put out a town by town list and they didnt restore power to a single home in my town. I have been patient but going on 6 days is a bit insane. Regardless, my girls are home and I am a happy man.

Wow man I can't imagine what ur going through, glad the girls are back and hopefully u get ur power restored sooner than later

Thanks for all the well wishes guys I really appreciate it. Relatively speaking, we are doing just fine. There are alot of people that have it much worse off. Flood damage and losing their entire home to the ocean or having their house burn to the ground. They are doing alternate gas restrictions now in NJ so if the last number of your license plate ends in an even number you can get gas on an even day and vice versa for odd numbers. I only waited an hour today to get gas for the generator but the car line was still miles long. I really hope we are spared from the forecasted Noreaster next week.

Back