Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

I think I'm understanding the weight movement in the the design, but I'm no engineer. I don't like the higher flight claims for the performance series, but really nice to see them going a similar path with loft adjustment in a single head. It looked closed to me in the video, could be a visual perception or was left that way from an adjustment though. Not sure I like the swoosh on the top, but the bottom looks like it could transform into something out of this world. Covert, I don't think so unless the ball doesn't see it coming at it.

I definitely think it'll be a wait and see. I have no problem with the c/b, but it'll have to blow me away performance wise to make it intriguing. Will be interested to see if T/R bag it.

I'm not sure how I feel about this club. I like the looks, and I really like the color. It probably would have made more sense to offer more than 1 color if they are not going to do that, as I could see the vibrant red turning off a lot of potential buyers.
As much as it shouldn't matter, I think Tiger and Rory gaming it would make it a huge hit.

Found the info I was looking for about the shaft. Not sure what changes if any Nike had made to it, but it sounds pretty sweet. Low to high 50's depending on flex, and a firm butt and softer tip section.

Help me out. What does that mean?

It's so weird looking its cool looking. Not really liking the swoosh near the heel though. It's kind of distracting to look at. I do like the contrast of the red and black from the face angle though. It's definitely worth taking some swings with. I loved the VR Pro driver from last year with the PX shaft.

Where could I sign up to test this?

Very interesting. Not sure what I think about this yet. But I'd love to give it a test drive. I think the nike swoosh on the top looks pretty sweet!

Help me out. What does that mean?

The profile part? Think about it like a miyazaki code, 7642.

The more I look around and read the more I want to go hands on with this sucker. Penetrating launch with the ability to dial in your optimal loft, yeah I'll take that.

I guess using a microphone check is dead though :alien:

When can this bad boy be pre ordered? I love it

Yeah I don't know what that means.

The flex is stiffer under your hands and gets softer as you go down the shaft. Kind of like a fishing pole lol.

I am already thinking about how incredible this would look with a B.Asha in it.

You're kind of in my head man. I was thinking Kusala White as well.

Edit: miyazaki is an upgrade option for Nike correct?

A much nicer looking club than the photos released earlier today. I really like the looks of it now.

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the red! The tech in this driver sounds amazing, I really cant wait to hit it and see what kind of numbers it produces. Love the ability to change loft and face angle, really looking forward to being able to test out different shafts in it as well.

You're kind of in my head man. I was thinking Kusala White as well?

Now you're talking...

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

You're kind of in my head man. I was thinking Kusala White as well.

Edit: miyazaki is an upgrade option for Nike correct?

I dont believe so.

Thats the first thing I thought of when I saw the red! The tech in this driver sounds amazing, I really cant wait to hit it and see what kind of numbers it produces. Love the ability to change loft and face angle, really looking forward to being able to test out different shafts in it as well.

That is what people have been raving about from the new Cobra tech that has been out at the THP Tour Van Events.

I'd hit it!!

I honestly don't mind the red or the swoosh on the crown. A little color never hurts!

So here's a question: Nike and other manufacturers (Adams in particular) have spent years developing clubhead aerodynamics, and now Nike seems to have thrown that all away. How much do they actually matter? Using my rudimentary understanding of aerodynamics, won't this massive cavity make some huge pressure bubble at the back of the head that will create a lot of drag versus last year's VRS or any of the Speedlines?

The closest analogy I could see would be a truck bed. When the bed is closed, the lip on the back of the driver in this case, that bubble stays relatively constant allowing the the air to flow over it. Or in truck terms, trucks are more aerodynamic with the bed closed rather than open.

The tech speak, the design and the over all apperance. This on the top of the list for 2013

I love just about everything about this driver, except i feel like the swoosh would be distracting

Someone needs to come with an adapter that let's you swap adapters :eek:k:Impossible, but wishful thinking.

Well, I hated it when seeing the first picture. Now I'm slowly warming to it. I definitely dig the ability to adjust lofts, but I'm curious why they went away from their speed slot and went with a cavity. I'll have to hit it when it hits shelves.

Tap before talk.

Red? Is that red? Really? I don't get this at all. Nothing ''covert'' about it.

The "Covert" aspect of the club is that they were able to hide the large cavity at address. When you're holding the club about to smash a ball into orbit, you'd never know the cavity was even there...i.e. Covert

I think it looks effin sweet. Just wish the regular model was black and red instead of the tour model. I dig the black more than the grey. Oh well....can't wait to hit one. I think I'll go with an Aldila RIP 60 shaft instead though.

Back