Nike VRS Covert Driver Preview

This driver looks terrible, reminds me of one of the Hammers. POW!

This has my attention for sure but like others have said, the Swoosh seems out of place/potentially distracting. We shall see...

Has a very High techie and flashy kinda look going for it. I'd certainly like to give it a few demo swings. Time will tell

I like the looks. The white swoosh on the red head man that's going to show up well on t.v. Sunday afternoon April 24.

Real easy. Its bright white and in an odd location for something that might draw my attention from the center where I want to hit the ball. And what the hell does that say about me that I might be distracted by that? Please explain.
I'll answer your question in the same context I made the statement. If I were distracted by a white swoosh instead of focusing on all the facets of my problematic swing, I'd say I need to work on my focus.

The red & black works for me, haha. But that's a lottttt of red.

I'd give it a swing.

I find it strange the colour options of the Cobra amp cell are awsome and the colour choices of the udesign are awsome and the white of Taylormade is marketing genius then Nike puts a swoosh on a red head and it's atrocious. I like red heads they are pretty and wild.

I like the red, the jury on the swoosh is still out. I like the new Cobra better.

exactly. And the comparisons to the Classic alignment aid just aren't the same. The issue(s) with the Classic alignment aid was the script style of the aid, not the color or placement of it.

Real easy. Its bright white and in an odd location for something that might draw my attention from the center where I want to hit the ball. And what the hell does that say about me that I might be distracted by that? Please explain.

Eh. I do know I'd love to hit it before I make any harsh judgement...and that's the first time I've said that about a Nike club in some time.

So Paul Casey is apparently using this driver on the Euro Tour, according to Nike Golf's Facebook page. Might have to try and see if I can tune in and see how it looks on TV.

400360_10151241890908258_1442299325_n.png

TMex now wants this driver. :alien:

A sharpie takes care of that bright white swoosh pretty easily..

So Paul Casey is apparently using this driver on the Euro Tour, according to Nike Golf's Facebook page. Might have to try and see if I can tune in and see how it looks on TV.

TMex now wants this driver. :alien:

I watched for a bit yesterday but they never showed him hitting a drive (that I saw) curious how it looks as well.

Eh. I do know I'd love to hit it before I make any harsh judgement...and that's the first time I've said that about a Nike club in some time.

If the face is as good as the one on the VRS I think it will be a solid driver. I think the red crown will turn some people away, similar to the other colored crowns being offered by OEM's. Nike for me has had a sound issue for while and I thought last years was a big improvement. I hope this continues to go in that direction.

I watched for a bit yesterday but they never showed him hitting a drive (that I saw) curious how it looks as well.

Unfortunately I'll have to catch it tomorrow AM, as Casey is in the clubhouse with a score of -3. Hope I can catch some of it...really want to see this driver in action.

interesting sole but, that swoosh on top is god awful...could've had the same effect and brand marking if they used the swoosh as an alignment aid in black instead...

I really like the colour but i'm a sucker for red and the swoosh on the crown but the cavity and bottom look terrible but I'd deffs give it a hit. Unlike some others I like the swoosh on it and I think it works i mean it looks a hell of alot better than if TM were to put an adidas logo on the crown of their club.

Honest question, why are so many hung up on the sole of the club? Have you seen the bottom of the R11s, it looks like a switch board and I hear nothing. Is it because its Nike? Do people just like to pick stuff apart? I really want to know why the bottom of this club that you don't see is such a lacking point.

the same could be said for the bottom of the Adams Fast drivers too....people just want to like what they're looking at and using for the money they have to spend I think,.

Honest question, why are so many hung up on the sole of the club? Have you seen the bottom of the R11s, it looks like a switch board and I hear nothing. Is it because its Nike? Do people just like to pick stuff apart? I really want to know why the bottom of this club that you don't see is such a lacking point.

I think part of it Freddie is that these pictures are all that we have to go on. So we are examining the pictures and are nitpicking. I am confident that once the clubs are in hand, some opinions may change.

Bwah hahahahaha!

And last night on 'On the Range' they showed Stewart Cink practicing with the Covert.

I am looking forward to trying out this driver, but to be honest I don't see anythng kicking my CC outta the bag.

I am looking forward to trying out this driver, but to be honest I don't see anythng kicking my CC outta the bag.

Everytime I've ever said "nothing is kicking my _________ out of the bag," there has been something that has kicked it out of the bag. It's a jinx.

They showed Patrick Reed using this on Morning Drive this morning. I was interested to see how it sounded, it had a definite ting sound but didn't seem too terrible. I am looking forward to hitting this I just hope the shaft is a little lower launching than the VRS.

Back