TaylorMade RocketBladez Irons Preview

Thanks for the thoughts JB and SW. Some interesting thoughts that's for sure. JB, with those "what the heck" moments do you have those with a lot of different clubs? Or is this the first time you have experienced this? I think that's why I tend to stay away from taylormade. Hearing all the crazy distances that can happen on any given day. I had some of those moments when I played a r11 driver. I like to know that I will have consistent distance on most shots and only lose distance when struck poorly.

Thanks for the thoughts JB and SW. Some interesting thoughts that's for sure. JB, with those "what the heck" moments do you have those with a lot of different clubs? Or is this the first time you have experienced this? I think that's why I tend to stay away from taylormade. Hearing all the crazy distances that can happen on any given day. I had some of those moments when I played a r11 driver. I like to know that I will have consistent distance on most shots and only lose distance when struck poorly.

I experienced it with Burner 2.0s. I also got it with Ping G20s and a few others. Its not something that happens often and something that could be an anomaly that we will find out with more testing.

I can't wait for more testing and reviews! This would be a great THP forum testing!

I'm curious if SW or JB can compare them to the R11's in feel, distance & at address

Thanks DB

I can't wait for more testing and reviews! This would be a great THP forum testing!

I'm curious if SW or JB can compare them to the R11's in feel, distance & at address

Thanks DB

Not sure the comparison is there really outside of the brand. They are a larger iron to me. The feel is different, not better or worse mind you, just different. Distance I want a few more range sessions to dial in the numbers before I decide on the final numbers.

Yeah I didn't see anything that made me think R11, totally different iron.

Spent an hour on the range with these today and came away with similar impressions to my time with them last week. I was critical of a few things with their 2012 line in their irons when comparing them to previous lines, and I think TaylorMade addressed each of those and came out with an iron that will fit many golfers.

Closer to R9 in terms of sound/feel for me and I think that is one thing that has been missing for me recently. It is as if they took all of the qualities that people have enjoyed from the RBZ, Burner 2 and others and incorporated them into the RocketBladez iron. Good distance, nice ball flight and plenty of forgiveness make it an iron that will fit a large amount of golfers.

I can't wait to hit these, definitely an intrigue factor already and it just ups when I hear comparisons to the 2.0's I enjoyed SO much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spent an hour on the range with these today and came away with similar impressions to my time with them last week. I was critical of a few things with their 2012 line in their irons when comparing them to previous lines, and I think TaylorMade addressed each of those and came out with an iron that will fit many golfers.

Closer to R9 in terms of sound/feel for me and I think that is one thing that has been missing for me recently. It is as if they took all of the qualities that people have enjoyed from the RBZ, Burner 2 and others and incorporated them into the RocketBladez iron. Good distance, nice ball flight and plenty of forgiveness make it an iron that will fit a large amount of golfers.

Great info Josh. Have you found consistent distance numbers or is that varying? One of my biggest 'beefs' with the Burner 2.0 offering has been random shots that go a totally different length than what I would deem my average.

Great info Josh. Have you found consistent distance numbers or is that varying? One of my biggest 'beefs' with the Burner 2.0 offering has been random shots that go a totally different length than what I would deem my average.

Harder to say on the range, but the distances seemed more in line with what I would like to see. It did not appear to give me any flyers today. Distance was similar to the set I have been using prior to this.

Were you able to tell if you had any that just sailed abnormally far (compared to other shots with the same iron) since you were on the range?

EDIT: Nevermind, you just answered it for Dan, thanks

Check out my above post IN. Just answered that one for you.

Got it, saw it right after I posted the question. Glad it seemed to be a little more consistent but looking forward to hearing about them more after some more course time

Great info Josh. I can't wait to hit the Tour Version of these when they hit the store.

Granted the shaft is a little different than what you're used to, so with that taken into account. Have you seen the ball flight go up as you've gotten more time with these?

Great info Josh. I can't wait to hit the Tour Version of these when they hit the store.

Same. I really look forward to trying these.

Anyone else just get the Golf Galaxy event invite. Compare it with your current 7iron, 1 RBZ ball for each yard gained up to a dozen balls

Anyone else just get the Golf Galaxy event invite. Compare it with your current 7iron, 1 RBZ ball for each yard gained up to a dozen balls

Similar to their FW challenge last year...

^^^^^^ I Tapped That.....On My iPad ^^^^^^

Is this comparing 7 iron to 7 iron? or 30* of loft vs 30* loft?

That just makes me even more excited to try these, and the tour model out. So excited. How will I ever survive the winter???

~Rock

A combo pack of the best elements of past models peaks my interest like a yellow belly bream eye balling a fat red wiggler :desire:

I wonder what your trade-in value will be when you look to swap the ballz for the bladez!

Hadn't posted in awhile, but I ordered a set (3-PW) of these yesterday. Got a chance to hit about 20-25 with a 7-iron and I was sold. Purchased via a website that allowed custom fitting (length, lie, shafts, grips) for free.

Now I just have to wait until early December for them to arrive...........it's like a kid waiting for Xmas all over again.......

Last edited:
nice, I hope you can provide lotsa juicy tidbits about these. I know there are lots of folks looking for any info they can get about em. These and the tours will be $$$ for TMAG from what I can gather right now. There have already been folks stopping by the golf shop I go to asking about em. I said find THP and wait for reviews

I have looked at these a thousand times and no just no. Nothing I like about them sorry TMAG. I hope they don't start making Adams look like :poop:

A set of these arrived at my house today and will be in the bag tomorrow for my round with sharkwrestler and pmoa. I did go to the range but it was to spend some time at the short game area so I did not hit them yet. I may have snuck in a couple shots with the 6 iron but not enough to gather any thoughts just yet. More to come.

Back