What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridgestone Fix. Seems like a good inexpensive every day option. Felt consistent on a wide range of shots. Didn't notice it jumping off the short irons and causing me distance control problems like I've see with the Wilson Duo. Probably won't replace the Gamer V2 but as they get more scarce would be a good fallback.

Bridgestone e6...still a big fan of this ball, has held up well on approach shots and has probably minimized slices off of the tee

Played the Nike 20XI-s because they are on sale here. I love it around the greens but the launch is a little lower than the Pro V1-x. It's still a fun ball to play with and easy to control the distances.

Played the Nike 20XI-s because they are on sale here. I love it around the greens but the launch is a little lower than the Pro V1-x. It's still a fun ball to play with and easy to control the distances.

How was the durability? Did you see scuffing and peeling on wedge and iron shots?

How was the durability? Did you see scuffing and peeling on wedge and iron shots?

Nah I don't have the durability issues a lot of folks have, I used 1 ball for the front 9 and I could use it again for another 9.

Played 7 holes as a lesson with my teacher yesterday. Had me hitting 2 balls for each shot, used a B330RX and an E6. Like them both for feel and distance. The RX did check up a little better on the greens. Lost them both on the 5th hole. Lake on the right, got to get over the mental issue I have with anything over a 4 iron. Both balls felt great and flew straight and long off my irons though. I have a sleeve of the E5 I need to try, see if it's the budget combo of the RX and E6.

Srixon

Srixon

Been playing with Srixon Z Star X leftovers I bought from Hurricane golf. 2 yr old premium ball for about half price of the XV. Shot my personal best 81 with it. Seems very durable and stops on the greens just about as good as the Pro V1x which I played most of the summer with. As I go through some changes to my swing I am continuing to play the Z Star X as opposed to more expensive current balls. They are still available on Ebay for reasonable prices and work great for me. I'd say maybe they launch just a bit higher than the Pro V1x, but not bad.

Since I knew I was going to be playing some courses with water last weekend, I picked up a 15 pack of Noodle Soft (new packaging of their Easy Distance ball I think).

Honestly, I'm not a good enough player to really notice a difference, and I think that the TM Noodle works well my slow/average swing speed. When I gave it a good swing, it went straight with distance that I expected (didn't measure). Doesn't spin great, but then, I'm not hitting the ball right to spin it, so it would release on hard greens and roll. But for $1/ball, I'm not complaining.

I've still got 2 year old E5's and pink B330-RX in my garage as well, and I did play the E5's, but my opening holes were so bad, the ball wasn't going to save me anyway.

Here are some pics after todays 9 a full 18 and after 2 fairway bunker shots today it got a little blemished, still smooth and no burrs or gouges.

20XI-S004.jpg

20XI-S005.jpg

20XI-S007.jpg

20XI-S008.jpg

I usually play ProV1 but today I finally got a chance to play the MGGolf C4 tour today and shot two over par (17 holes with 18th par 5 left) ... It stopped like it had its own break on hybrid and 3 wood, spun and checked up nicely with weges and she irons... nice soft feel when putting... AND its only $20 a dozen.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk 2

started with a nxt tour s and lost 2 of those babies till i brought out the prov1
there was water all over the course that shouldnt have been there due to hurricane sandy
so it was really easy to dunk balls into the water when the water was in the middle of the fw

Anything that goes where it should! Actually played the W50 today, and aside from the green side, enjoyed it and the orange color really stands out. For $10/dozen can afford to use it during swing changes.

Played a mix of e5,e6,e7 yesterday. Really like the e7 off the tee, but not so much with the irons. e6 seemed to work best overall for me. Played as single behind a very slow foursome, so plenty of time to hit multiple shots from the same spot.

since it was freezing out (not really)
i broke out the callaway solaire and it was pretty good to me until #6 where i tin cupped a that and a few other balls into the drink
finished with a prov1x

Played the Bridgestone B330 RX today. In the past I've had some trouble with this ball in the wind and found it spun sometimes too much off the driver. Not the case today. The ball was piercing through the wind. Very durable and still looks new. I really like this ball as my cold weather ball.

nike crush and a few other nike balls... none can swim very well

I started off with the Noodle long & soft, really enjoyed this ball. Long (imagine that) & straight off the driver, bit on the greens decently enough. I did lose a couple to the course though, now after anywhere but they would just disappear in a wide open fairway.

Today I played the Nike 20XI-X tour distance ball. They were on sale for $29.99 @ Edwin Watts so I thought I'd give them a try. I put them in play on the 5th hole after using a used HEX black on the first 4 "warmup" holes. My drives were much higher / less penetrating with the Nike ball, and I also noticed less check / spin on the greens compared to the HEX black. I may go back and pick up the 20XI-S ball to see the difference. So far the HEX black and Pro V1x seem to fit my swing better.

Played the B330 yesterday with great control around the greens and distance if the tee. The ball stands up or stands out among others in its category.

Played the B330 yesterday with great control around the greens and distance if the tee. The ball stands up or stands out among others in its category.

Completely agree. Bridgestone makes a fantastic golf ball.

I switched between the B330 and the B330s yesterday. It seemed like the B330s performed a little better for me. I had a little more control into and around the greens, and I did not notice a significantly higher trajectory between the balls. I will have to do some more testing for driver distance, but the distance on approach shots seemed very comparable.

I played the B330-S yesterday and I love it. Solid off the tee and the irons, but it really shines around the greens with the spin I get from it. An all-around solid ball.

I played the B330-S yesterday and I love it. Solid off the tee and the irons, but it really shines around the greens with the spin I get from it. An all-around solid ball.

And you went low bro!!!! Play that ball for life baby!

b330rxs
very good ball not a very good swing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back