THP Preview - Nike VR_S Covert Irons

Not a fan of the looks, or the larger profile.

I want to review these, I think they look Amazing!

A lot of love it or hate it in this thread. Can't wait to see some review's

The cavity definitely has an odd look, but at least the sole doesn't have that big appendage from the Machspeeds or original VR_S.

A lot of love it or hate it in this thread. Can't wait to see some review's

These are kind of polarizing aren't they? Im looking forward to hitting them, as I am really curious about them.

These are kind of polarizing aren't they? Im looking forward to hitting them, as I am really curious about them.

Yeah I like them a lot. It reminds me of the Amp's from last year with the love the orange hate the orange. My gut instinct tell's me that Nike will have a top 3 equipment lines in 2013. My gut feeling also tells me you are going to do some serious damage to the course with these. Can't wait.

I dont want to ruffle swoosh feathers, but these things are FUGLY. But come on people, if they put the damn ball on the green more consistently and easily than every other iron on the market, they should be in your/my bag. If they are on par with others on the market, then of course looks will come into play, but performance > looks in my mind. I'd be happy as a clam taking my buddies' hard earned cash because theyre too worried about looking good.

I'll say this, I bet these things are long. I'm sure the finished product will be cleaner. They remind me of the DCI black top lines.

It's just so different. Looks unfinished and the covert placement is unique. I think this iron will test the old saying, "looks don't matter, performance does."

I want to hit them hard though.

It kind of looks like one of them Darth Vadar irons on Star Trek :bulgy-eyes:. I would like to swing one to see what's under the hood :golf2:

I'm still not sure I get what's going on in that cavity.

Same here hawk. Looks empty, or minimalistic.

I'm still not sure I get what's going on in that cavity.

The technical term is. Serious precision distance bad ass cavity

It kind of looks like one of them Darth Vadar irons on Star Trek :bulgy-eyes:. I would like to swing one to see what's under the hood :golf2:

This is funny on so many levels.

Different can be good, its an odd look because its a departure from the norm.

Haha Darth Vader and his pointy ear's. May the force prosper:starwars:

Not talking about the Covert label, but I think the sole looks like a decent shape.

They look to be a bit offset, or is that just me

I'm sure they are. I'd still like to give them some swings. The VR_S were pretty nice.

Makes sense that there would be a fair bit of offset given the nature of the iron. Guessing the shaft will be R300/S300?

I want to hit these. Playing the VR-S's now and happy with them. Curious to compare the two.

found some nice pics of these new irons

covert1.jpg
covert2.jpg
covert3.jpg
covert4.jpg
covert5.jpg

I find these pleasing to the eye and look forward to giving them a swing.

They look much better in those pics, thanks for posting them.

They look much better in those pics, thanks for posting them.

I agree, they do look great from the front and the top, but man that back side is ugly. I doubt they will be, but man do they look like a heavy iron.

Back