What golf shots give you trouble?

A Low cut is my nemesis, either turns into a shank or a low pole hook as Tnolan would say lol.

I have a tough time getting shots over 220 yards off the deck. I can run something up that far with a 2 hybrid or 3 wood, but I have a terrible time if that's carry.

Downhill sand shots and downhill lies with less than a full swing. I blade the hell out of them too often.

Widen your stance and really sit into shot. Wider stance will get shoulders closer to ground. Choke up so club matches the change in stance.

Same with bunker just open stance and blade. Ball should pop right out

Driver - I slice 90 percent of the time and bunker shots - can never figure out effort for the distance.

Green side bunkers! HATE THEM! It's not so much that I am bad at them (ok, maybe I am), it's really more I am not used to them. The courses I play don't have many bunkers, so when I go to courses that are littered with them, I get into some trouble. I was in more bunkers through 5 holes at Missouri Bluffs at the THP Tour Van event, than I had been in all year. Most of my problem is I hit too far behind the ball and just chunk it and don't get it out of sand. I am afraid of catching it thin and sending it sailing 30 yards over the green.

That's exactly what I was talking about Freddie. Too short for a full shot. For some reason always gets me and I end up halfway to the hole...

I use a PW or 9i opened up to hit the shot. The issue is I don't ever practice it so its not a guarantee. If I attempt to pick it with a 56*, I tend to catch it thin.

Ball below my feet is always a tough one for me. Would love to hear some thougths on that one, because I stink at it.

I also struggle with distance control on a short pitch/chip from the rough.

Hawk
Take a wider stance to get the shoulders lower. Choke down on the club and swing with the slope. Keep
The chest moving over and through the shot.

For me it's the 40-70 yard bunker shot. I can the shot but not with any consistency.

Same here brother. I've been trying to use a pitching wedge and open it up a touch. Mixed results so far so I play away from bunkers like the plauge.

Widen your stance and really sit into shot. Wider stance will get shoulders closer to ground. Choke up so club matches the change in stance.

Same with bunker just open stance and blade. Ball should pop right out
Funny, that's the EXACT shot that gave me fits last weekend. After listening to this advice, and trying again, it was money.

Among the many, let's start with a five or six yard pitch shot when the pin is 10 feet from the fringe. I am working on it, but more often than I like, I end up hitting it 3 or 4 feet.

Among the many, let's start with a five or six yard pitch shot when the pin is 10 feet from the fringe. I am working on it, but more often than I like, I end up hitting it 3 or 4 feet.
Are you landing it on the green or just short? Are you lofting it or playing low with check?

Funny, that's the EXACT shot that gave me fits last weekend. After listening to this advice, and trying again, it was money.
MC prep is going to be fun bro. I got a bunch of shots to show you

as of right now, my drives. usually it's either thinning or hooking (or both) my hybrids and fairway though.

Greenside bunkers when the shot has to be really high to get out

Downhill lies

Deep rough full iron shots (maybe because I have weak wrists or just don't know what the heck I'm doing)

Lob shots (can do with a lot of practice)

Are you landing it on the green or just short? Are you lofting it or playing low with check?

It's landing short. I am trying to pop it up into the air, but my mind tells me at the last second not to hit it too hard and I blow it and it goes less than a foot high. Then I have a tougher shot after that.

I can do the shot, but in my head, I am going to hit it way long. So instead I chunk it.

Ball below my feet with a downhill lie. It is evil.

It's landing short. I am trying to pop it up into the air, but my mind tells me at the last second not to hit it too hard and I blow it and it goes less than a foot high. Then I have a tougher shot after that.

I can do the shot, but in my head, I am going to hit it way long. So instead I chunk it.
stop chunking it and you'll be fine...hehe

I had this exact problem and result 2-3 times today. Damn frustrating!! :banghead:

The one for me is the chip/pitch shot. The ball is 30 yards form the pin and I end up shanking it or hitting it 2 ft. off the ground at a 100 MPH.

Oh, I've been working on hitting a High draw with my driver and have had Zero
Success

anything inside 50 yards, I can usually get close with a pitching wedge taking a partial swing from 50 -100 but inside 50 it's anyone's guess where it will land

My struggles are with mid to long irons right now, it seems I either hit them thin or pull hook them. I am also struggling with greenside chipping....it's always been tough for me....Put me 20 yards out and I am deadly 10 yards and it gets tough 5 yards and you can forget it.

Back