Luke Donald - Amazing Putting Stats

That is pretty awesome. I wish I could putt half that good.

He's amazing with the putter.

That is very awesome, but it doesn't suprise me. There is a reason why he can have less-than-stellar overall driving stats, but still play at such a high level!

Thanks for posting JB. As with the rest of you, I'm blown away with how good he is. Those stats are unreal!

That's just nutty!

Those stats are insane. Thanks for sharing.

I wondering about other pros stats 10' and in. Is this insanely better, or just a little better, than the top putters on tour?

A decade or so ago, there was a blurb in one of the major magazines stating that 'pros' make just over half their putts from 4 feet. According to that new putting stat tracks putting percentage from distance, the 50% mark is now pushed out to 7 feet. I wonder what is the primary driver for that type of improvement.

A decade or so ago, there was a blurb in one of the major magazines stating that 'pros' make just over half their putts from 4 feet. According to that new putting stat tracks putting percentage from distance, the 50% mark is now pushed out to 7 feet. I wonder what is the primary driver for that type of improvement.

That's average. Luke is better than average.

I think its likely just better statistics keeping rather than an actual jump of that proportion in putts made. The new strokes gained stat is a derivative from all the info that can be gathered by shotlink.

Wow, those are some unbelievable stats there

Wonder what his wedge stats are

I think he holes out around 60% of his shots from 80-100 yds. Not too bad. 60-80 yards he holes out about 70% of the time.

I'm surprised he has so many putts if this is the case. I had a source for this info, but I lost it :alien:

The one thing me and Luke do not have in common is putting .The guy is pretty much automatic.

Wow, that is simply amazing! I knew these guys were good but when I see stats like that it puts it in a whole new perspective.

What an incredible stat! Imagine if he was a long knocker

That is nuts. Man he's sharp with that putter. I need to go practice...

Wow. That is so dang impressive! It's shocking to be honest.

He's really good. I admire his game a lot.

I saw these when he posted them and he got some ribbing about missing so many over 7-8 feet. I would take 50% under 10 feet and be ecstatic with it.

Just viewed these stats and was blown away.I always talk about how good these guys are but I don't think I gave them enough credit. These players are absolutely phenomenal. And on the fastest greens around impresses me even more.

TapAhoy!

That is light's out putting. I bet Poults switched putters because of his buddy Luke and this success. This is nuts how has he not won a major.

Do you think if he was longer off the it would help? His game is so solid I don't know if his length ot lack thereof is affecting him all that much.

TapAhoy!

Back