Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm me thinks I'll be going to Tampa in January. Suckage for bowl games this year.

Who's gonna be preseason #1 next year? I suspect tOSU will be in the top 5.

I think ND should be forced to join a conference. Obviously nobody can make them, but if you banned them from bowl games until they joined one, I bet they'd join up quick. That would make me stop hating them so much.

I think ND should be forced to join a conference. Obviously nobody can make them, but if you banned them from bowl games until they joined one, I bet they'd join up quick. That would make me stop hating them so much.

The NCAA has no nether region.

Tough to say, but I think you are right. They are going to be strong in the early polls.

I bet Bama is preseason #1 and I agree with you about tOSU.

I'm sure it has something to do with my team being ineligible but this bowl season really doesn't interest me. I probably won't even watch the NC.

Louisville vs Florida in the Sugar Bowl is an intriguing match up. Personally, I feel like Charlie Strong should have been given a shot at being the head coach of the Gators after Zook was fired.

I'm sure it has something to do with my team being ineligible but this bowl season really doesn't interest me. I probably won't even watch the NC.
My team is bowl ineligible as well, different reasons though.

The B1G is going 0-7, imo.

Tapped from my S3

Word I am hearing is that Southern Miss has offered Bobby Petrino the job for their vacant Head Coach position, and that he doesnt even have to interview for it. It's his if he wants it. Apparently he is still waiting on word from Auburn first.

I'm with you. ND deserves to be there because of their record. But I honestly believe that the pompous $?!£heads need to beef up their schedule if they ever want to be taken seriously once they're in the championship.

I don't know any facts on this but before the season started didn't they have on of the harder rated schedules?

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I don't know any facts on this but before the season started didn't they have on of the harder rated schedules?

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

Key phrase here is; before the season started.

I'm still bummed about the Georgia game yesterday. Tough to get excited about the capital one bowl. Other rant: there are too many bowl games.

I am bummed out too, we travel to either Orlando or Tampa all too often. At least this year the opponent will be Nebraska, a very non-traditional opponent for UGA. GATA

I am bummed out too, we travel to either Orlando or Tampa all too often. At least this year the opponent will be Nebraska, a very non-traditional opponent for UGA. GATA

Come down for the game, and bring that ole gray fellow and some golf clubs.

I'm actually kind of worried about the Championship game this year, win or lose, Lou Holtz might drop dead from cardiac arrest. I don't know if the old man can handle this one...

Key phrase here is; before the season started.

Hard to fault them for that though. They had what everyone thought would be a very tough schedule and it just didn't pan out that way. Still a great season.

I bet Bama is preseason #1 and I agree with you about tOSU.

I wouldn't put Bama preseason #1 next year. They are losing 3-4 starting offensive linemen, and if McCarron turns pro, I'm really concerned about the QB position.

I wouldn't put Bama preseason #1 next year. They are losing 3-4 starting offensive linemen, and if McCarron turns pro, I'm really concerned about the QB position.

The reasonable fans are concerned before every season about the players lost. Every year the typical fan says "we don't rebuild we reload". I am really tired of those being the ones that are right.

At the start of the year everybody thought that Alabama would be rebuilding this year didn't they?

At the start of the year everybody thought that Alabama would be rebuilding this year didn't they?

I really thought this would be a 2 to 3 loss year due to (what looked like) a tough early season schedule and replacing a bunch of guys on defense. We got somewhat lucky that Michigan and Arkansas were not as good as the initial rankings suggested, and the defense, particularly the new guys in the secondary stepped up quickly.

There is a lot of depth at a lot of positions, which to me is where Alabama is better than most other teams, but we've got 3-4 guys a year turning pro early too. A good problem to have, but harder as a fan to know what you have year after year.

Overall, this seemed to me like a really weird year where every school (not just in the SEC) was pretty flawed in one way or another.

Word I am hearing is that Southern Miss has offered Bobby Petrino the job for their vacant Head Coach position, and that he doesnt even have to interview for it. It's his if he wants it. Apparently he is still waiting on word from Auburn first.

Seems unlikely, since the local papers say that USM is just now putting together its search committee. I believe there has been communication with Petrino, but I highly doubt he was already offered the job.

Come on, now. Alabama doesn't rebuild. They oversign, manage the previous years roster, get rid of players with medical hardships that don't live up to expectation and then reload. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back