Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes you have to poke the old bear in order to get him to move.. :stickbeat:
Im actually getting kind of frustrated with getting the tee times. Some of those courses only do 5 day advanced tee times. Working with University to set something up though.

Im actually getting kind of frustrated with getting the tee times. Some of those courses only do 5 day advanced tee times. Working with University to set something up though.

All seriousness, that sucks. We have near 20 people wanting to play a course and they still play that game? Lame. I'd go with University Park personally. You know the quality you're gonna get and we're all going to have a very nice track to enjoy. Also, they seemed pretty easy going last time.

Anyone know of anywhere that gives you an idea of what another companies shaft relates to in the International Flex Code?

Trying to determine what the equivalent is of the PX 6.0 driver shaft.

I'm in the same boat, I'm trying to find comparisons to the TFC Tour in my G20....looking for something just a hair more bendy.

All seriousness, that sucks. We have near 20 people wanting to play a course and they still play that game? Lame. I'd go with University Park personally. You know the quality you're gonna get and we're all going to have a very nice track to enjoy. Also, they seemed pretty easy going last time.

I ran into the same issues setting up the STL Tour Stop. I found success by just using a credit card as backup. It took a bit of talking them into it though too.

That's exactly what I did. Just have to work on pricing with them.

Cookie - don't hesitate to email or call Miyazaki as well.

Thanks man, will keep that in mind as we go through the process. That file from Cleveland that JJ posted is great, easily steers me in the right direction. My biggest issue is I don't get along with the ultralight shafts which so many OEM's have as stock now....I am much better off in that 65-75 gram range.

Seriously - call them or email them. Tim Gillis is a sharp guy and he'll give you better advice than anybody else can.

Didn't ponder, but switched my driver shaft to the same model with a bit more torque and was getting some great accuracy with it. Went to the proforce vts black from the vts silver.

So this guy came to me as a casualty of a shaft purchase and is now a paperweight on my desk...

C5419468-9EE8-4340-AD13-35BC99686425-5018-000002E64F5DAB60.jpg

Kind of feels like a waste. There's nothing other than a little ding out on the toe there. I hit it before I pulled the shaft and it's solid. Pondering what I want to do with it... It's well below my usual loft at 9.0 but could be fun to play with if I throw a high launching shaft in there or something.

So this guy came to me as a casualty of a shaft purchase and is now a paperweight on my desk...

Kind of feels like a waste. There's nothing other than a little ding out on the toe there. I hit it before I pulled the shaft and it's solid. Pondering what I want to do with it... It's well below my usual loft at 9.0 but could be fun to play with if I throw a high launching shaft in there or something.

Hot melt it?

Continued the 290 ponder. Went in today and hit the 9.0 with 43S and 43X c.Kua. 105mph SS avg yet I found more consistency with the 4x shaft than with the Stiff flex. Launch angle was 9.5-10.2 at best. 265 carry (9.9 LA) -275 carry (10.2 LA) and 287 total with the x flex and 3500 rpm. Wonder how much more the 10.5 head would increase launch angle. Stick with 9.0 head and go with a higher launch shaft, 10.5 head with 43x shaft or are those #'s just right?! hmmmm???

Didn't ponder, but switched my driver shaft to the same model with a bit more torque and was getting some great accuracy with it. Went to the proforce vts black from the vts silver.

Nice Thain, I'm quite a fan of the VTS line, love the varying torques. The black has been very good to me in my fairway and hybo's.

C5419468-9EE8-4340-AD13-35BC99686425-5018-000002E64F5DAB60.jpg

Give it the lowest launching sjaft you can find, it can be your windy-day driver

Would that make it higher launching?

It could. Basically, you're dumping sodder down into it. I suppose if you could get it in the right spot you could lower the CG a little more but it'd be pretty tough. Then again, you could put a high launching shaft like a ProLaunch Blue in there and I would think that would give it some height and much easier.

Pondering a cart bag looking at Orlimar as they seem to be decent priced. Not sure how they hold up though.
PSP.png
89.21+ shipping what ya think?

I bought the Tour Edge Exotics cart bag for the same price, and have been extremely happy with it. Very well built, plenty of storage and looks awesome. The only thing it is missing is a putter well, but that isn't overly important to me. I would highly recommend it, and for the price I don't think it can be beat.

Give it the lowest launching sjaft you can find, it can be your windy-day driver

I might be scaring some critters with that combo!

It could. Basically, you're dumping sodder down into it. I suppose if you could get it in the right spot you could lower the CG a little more but it'd be pretty tough. Then again, you could put a high launching shaft like a ProLaunch Blue in there and I would think that would give it some height and much easier.

That's what I was thinking. Probably something cheap or used.

My dad has been talking about getting one of the GPS watches. It looks like the Motoactive, Garmin S1, and Bushnell Neo Geo are the options. Any thoughts?

I want a center shaft Rossie and #6 Metal-X right NOW. Seriously, I want one almost worse than I've wanted any other putter, yes, customs included.

I want a center shaft Rossie and #6 Metal-X right NOW. Seriously, I want one almost worse than I've wanted any other putter, yes, customs included.

Im sure youve mentioned it 10 times, but any release date at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back