Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the best 5 iron I've ever hit. 180 yards to about 20 feet from the pin. Not a tap in or anything, but it was high and went where I wanted it to.

118 yd PW off a dirt lie in the rough, over a green side bunker to 8 ft... At least I made a 2 put par! Also hit a fade 7 wood 189 yds around a tree in the middle of a par 5. It landed pin high and rolled to the back.. Then 3 putted........:banghead:

Some great shots guys, always like reading these and trying to paint a picture. Good stuff!

200 yard 5 wood that I had to aim at a pond in order to get the 20 yard slice needed to get it around a tree. Landed on the front part of the green and rolled just onto the back fringe, which was good because that left me a 15 foot putt to the back pin. Just missed the shot by an inch and ran it by three feet and made par.

I've tried the shot a few times before and put it in the pond every time because I had always hit it straight before!

200 yard 5 wood that I had to aim at a pond in order to get the 20 yard slice needed to get it around a tree. Landed on the front part of the green and rolled just onto the back fringe, which was good because that left me a 15 foot putt to the back pin. Just missed the shot by an inch and ran it by three feet and made par.

I've tried the shot a few times before and put it in the pond every time because I had always hit it straight before!

Sweet! Nice one smalls

Almost had a HIO on a 140 yard par 3 today. Just skimmed the hole and I made birdie.

Thanks, dhill!

Almost had a HIO on a 140 yard par 3 today. Just skimmed the hole and I made birdie.
Dang KB! Would that have been your first?

109yrd par 3. hit a 52* Gap wedge about 3 feet directly behind the flag on a back to front sloping green. Balled rolled back maybe 1 inch to the left of the cup to about 3 feet below the cup. Almost had a hole-in-one! Also, almost pissed my pants because of it. sank the birdie putt!

Thanks, dhill!

Dang KB! Would that have been your first?

Yep! I've had a bunch of close calls but 2" is the best so far. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 60 like OG did. :)

Yep! I've had a bunch of close calls but 2" is the best so far. I guess I'll have to wait until I'm 60 like OG did. :)

I'm still waiting too! Like 34 years since I started playing!

Awesome shot Smalls.

That was a one close KB. I know its s a coming.

TapAhoy!

Had a crap round today, so bad that after 9 I hit the range to find my swing as I'm still fiddling with a swing change. (which I did after weakening my grip)

However, on the par 3 hole 7 I stuck my 7iron way right and was 6 inches from the water. Standing on the edge of a bunker and on the bricks that line the lake, I picked a spot to chip on with a 64deg wedge about 8 feet from the hole and hit it perfectly ... watched it run, turn down the hill and drop right in the centre for an unexpected 2

Ran my mouth about preferring to miss the green on number 7 long because I enjoy the flop shot it takes to get back up. Of course I ended up long and the pin was in the back of the green and the green in 5-6 feet above my ball allowing no room to run. I opened my 56* way up and gave it a real good swing. Ball popped way up and dropped next to the pin. My buddy is and experienced golfer and I began playing just a few months ago. He couldn't believe the shot I made. It was a 25% shot for me with how hard it required me to swing but I do practice flop shots over my privacy fence at home so I had a little confidence and a lot of luck.

In other words the best shot of my best round so far was a 15-18 yard shot.

Ran my mouth about preferring to miss the green on number 7 long because I enjoy the flop shot it takes to get back up. Of course I ended up long and the pin was in the back of the green and the green in 5-6 feet above my ball allowing no room to run. I opened my 56* way up and gave it a real good swing. Ball popped way up and dropped next to the pin. My buddy is and experienced golfer and I began playing just a few months ago. He couldn't believe the shot I made. It was a 25% shot for me with how hard it required me to swing but I do practice flop shots over my privacy fence at home so I had a little confidence and a lot of luck.

In other words the best shot of my best round so far was a 15-18 yard shot.

Those short touch shots around the green that turn out well are always the best! Keep it up.

My best shot in my round yesterday was a 183 yard approach shot. I hit my 4 iron to the exact spot I wanted. it was the best shot because I executed the shot the way I wanted where I wanted. Right in the middle of the green. I still was a good 20 feet from the hole.

I hit 2 nice wedge shots that led to birdies. Both from about 60 yards out and both inside 5 feet.

Hooded 8i from 85 yards out hooked around a tree 10 yards in front of me to 1 feet short of the pin for a tap in birdie.

Hooded 8i from 85 yards out hooked around a tree 10 yards in front of me to 1 feet short of the pin for a tap in birdie.

That is a fantastic shot. Phil-like haha.

The crazy part is that he just meant to punch it out into the fairway...

Ha, not true!

The birdie paid off well in wolf.

Ha, not true!

The birdie paid off well in wolf.

I just like aggravating superior golfers to myself. Great shot man. Heard you took some folks money today!

I hit a good shot today. One. I missed the green on 3 and my ball was in the water/mud but still halfway out and hittable. I hit a Bill Haas-like shot to about a foot. It's easier than it looks, Bill Haas has been capitalizing on our naivety this whole time. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back