2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I needed something that offered more launch and little more spin. The J40 is a very low spin head. By talking to the guys @ BFIT they recommended the AD DJ shaft, which is similar to the AD DI but with a slightly softer tip section. The results were good. I was seeing more of a mid-high ball flight and distance was pretty solid. It wasn't the longest driver I ever hit, but during the summer I did find a good groove with it.

As for other shafts I tried with that head. It was pretty limited. I did use a 9.5 degree head with an Attas shaft for a few rounds last December. My swing wasn't all that good that week, but on balls I hit well I could see a benefit for that shaft combo.

thanks for the info, after trying the AD-DI7 in the extreme this weekend, I really liked the way it felt and would be interested in seeing how it would fit in the J40

The Bfit guys are great and Bridgestone opening the whole catalog to us was huge. I love the Attas T2 combo I went with. Helped me get the ball up in the air and when I was on a good 10 yards better distance for me than any other driver I have tried.

The Bfit guys are great and Bridgestone opening the whole catalog to us was huge. I love the Attas T2 combo I went with. Helped me get the ball up in the air and when I was on a good 10 yards better distance for me than any other driver I have tried.

Two awesome avenues. Bfit and the custom options are amazing.

Tapatalking on my iPhone!

I needed something that offered more launch and little more spin. The J40 is a very low spin head. By talking to the guys @ BFIT they recommended the AD DJ shaft, which is similar to the AD DI but with a slightly softer tip section. The results were good. I was seeing more of a mid-high ball flight and distance was pretty solid. It wasn't the longest driver I ever hit, but during the summer I did find a good groove with it.

As for other shafts I tried with that head. It was pretty limited. I did use a 9.5 degree head with an Attas shaft for a few rounds last December. My swing wasn't all that good that week, but on balls I hit well I could see a benefit for that shaft combo.

I was pondering shafts yesterday and the DI was one of them listed that I am pondering. I like a mid-flight, so I'm not sure if the DI or the DJ would be better. Their website says the DI is a high launcher, with the DJ only slightly lower. Another consideration is the Diamana ilima shaft, I had success hitting it in the Fit before and am tempted to try it in the J40. Lots of great options from Bridgestone, it will be hard to narrow it down but I definitely will be speaking with the BFit guys once all our options are presented to us.

I was pondering shafts yesterday and the DI was one of them listed that I am pondering. I like a mid-flight, so I'm not sure if the DI or the DJ would be better. Their website says the DI is a high launcher, with the DJ only slightly lower. Another consideration is the Diamana ilima shaft, I had success hitting it in the Fit before and am tempted to try it in the J40. Lots of great options from Bridgestone, it will be hard to narrow it down but I definitely will be speaking with the BFit guys once all our options are presented to us.

Definitely chat to the guys on Bfit. They will point you in the right direction for sure. I had never even heard of the AD DJ shaft prior to talking with them.

a J40 DPC/blade combo set would be REDICULOUS!

That would be rediculously AWESOME! I think I remember last year that combo sets were not an option, but this is a whole new year and it doesn't hurt to hope. I would LOVE a CB/MB combo set!

I keep waiting and hoping to see more announced from Cleveland. I Have seen a lot of their 2013 line rumored out there, cant wait to see it starting to trickle out.

That would be rediculously AWESOME! I think I remember last year that combo sets were not an option, but this is a whole new year and it doesn't hurt to hope. I would LOVE a CB/MB combo set!

might wanna check out post #500

Cant stop thinking about how solid that J40 hybrid felt, especially considering I hadnt gamed a hybrid or even hit many at all in the past few months

might wanna check out post #500

Cant stop thinking about how solid that J40 hybrid felt, especially considering I hadnt gamed a hybrid or even hit many at all in the past few months

Ah, yes, I see. Thats cool, that would make the decision easier. I love me some J40 CBs. I agree the hybrids are awesome, I got the chance to hit one in Myrtle Beach and they really surprised me.

Ah, yes, I see. Thats cool, that would make the decision easier. I love me some J40 CBs. I agree the hybrids are awesome, I got the chance to hit one in Myrtle Beach and they really surprised me.
I think you will love all of the equipment you get from Bridgestone. I said it last year. some of the most under rated stuff out there.

I think its some of the most underrated stuff out there also. I signed up for the Pay it Forward promo last year mostly because I didn't believe the hype. Boy was I wrong! Definitely near the top of the list as far as how they feel at contact. Absolutely love them!

I think its some of the most underrated stuff out there also. I signed up for the Pay it Forward promo last year mostly because I didn't believe the hype. Boy was I wrong! Definitely near the top of the list as far as how they feel at contact. Absolutely love them!
You will love the driver as well. That thing is sick. stupid long!

That is something I am def looking forward to!

Im hyping on the putters too!

you know what they are yet? I dont remember seeing anything

Nope. Im guessing Seemore but I could be wrong.
I think thats a great guess. but, for some reason I think Bettinardi may come back.

Company threads have been merged with Morgan Cup thread. Please remember that this thread is not a catch all for equipment talk. There are hundreds of threads on the equipment some are speaking about, please use the appropriate avenue to discuss.

You will love the driver as well. That thing is sick. stupid long!

Can you guarantee that I will hit it farther than I was hitting my Fit in Myrtle Beach?

Im sticking to my guns about Bettinardi partnering with WRX. I hope I am wrong though!

I don't know, but I hope we find out soon!

well i got a chance to play True Blue this weekend and anyone who hasn't played it before is in for a real treat. played the blues so i'm sure it might be a little different in July cause theres a decent gap between the blue and whites. but i'm glad i played the blues made the course a lot of fun for me even if i didn't play my best this weekend. Really just a great course for an event such as the MC i couldn't think of any other course id rather be playing in July! It was also great to hit some callaway clubs i honestly hit more callaway stuff this weekend than i ever had before. Also got to try out both of their balls that i'll have to make a decision on. What a teaser for July this weekend. i'm even more pumped than before.

Can you guarantee that I will hit it farther than I was hitting my Fit in Myrtle Beach?
well, I cant guarantee it. But...I think you will hit it very well.

well, I cant guarantee it. But...I think you will hit it very well.

I have no doubt about it. Sounds like all the staffers loved it last year and I'm sure I will too. I love low spinning drivers, just want to find the right shaft to put on it. Man I can't wait to get back down there and try to set a new PB again

Im sticking to my guns about Bettinardi partnering with WRX. I hope I am wrong though!

Bridgestone is partnered with WRX too, but last I checked is still involved here. As well as countless other companies. We will not be announcing the putter company until the company believes the time is right, but some other website has nothing to do with how the Morgan Cup companies are chosen and who is chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back