SCOR Golf - The Official Thread

Excellent! Congratulations on the new scoring clubs. The SCOR clubs just inspire confidence in the short game.

I purchased a 50, 54 and 58 set today. Thanks to JP for his help, he was fabulous to work with.

Mike

Excellent! Congratulations on the new scoring clubs. The SCOR clubs just inspire confidence in the short game.

Congrats!

Thanks. I was going to wait until the spring but the sale convinced me to do it now. Excited to put in a lot of practice with these in the spring and get more confident from 100 and in.

JP could you please answer a question via email or on here.

I was wondering how the Scor differ in play from the ATV.

Reason I am asking is I just got rid of my ATV because I just couldn't hit off these tight lies. It was great on normal or heavy and flop but I play a lot of tight lies.

It depends on what you've got in the bag right now. Do you know the lofts of your irons?

Ping i20's. I believe my PW is 46*, just debating whether I should pull the i20 PW and order a 45/46* as well? I do not need anything higher than 58* so I am in ponder mode over the 45/46.

JP could you please answer a question via email or on here.

I was wondering how the Scor differ in play from the ATV.

Reason I am asking is I just got rid of my ATV because I just couldn't hit off these tight lies. It was great on normal or heavy and flop but I play a lot of tight lies.

Great question.

Our Patented V-Sole design allows you to get down to the ball on tight lies while reducing the chance of digging with the leading edge. Our sole has a high bounce on the leading edge and a low bounce on the large part of the sole. Because the leading edge is a high bounce it won't dig like others, and the low bounce on the predominant side of the sole allows you to get down to the ball and skim the surface of the turf.

On traditional wedge designs I was forced to play a lot of forward press in my hands when chipping or pitching from tight lies. The V-Sole takes that out of the equation. It makes it so simple to play shots that I don't even think that much about ball position or hand position anymore on chips and pitches. I concentrate more on tempo, distance and break.

I hope this was helpful.

JP

Ping i20's. I believe my PW is 46*, just debating whether I should pull the i20 PW and order a 45/46* as well? I do not need anything higher than 58* so I am in ponder mode over the 45/46.

You're right, it is 46. I noticed that the 9 iron is 41 and the 8 is 37. So Ping is going 4 degrees from 8-9 but then 5 degrees between 9-PW.

You could go either way with a 45 or 46. I think the question needs to be what size gap, in yards, are you seeing between your 8 & 9 and 9 & PW.

Then go from there. I'll be more than happy to discuss this further or help in any way I can.

JP

You're right, it is 46. I noticed that the 9 iron is 41 and the 8 is 37. So Ping is going 4 degrees from 8-9 but then 5 degrees between 9-PW.

You could go either way with a 45 or 46. I think the question needs to be what size gap, in yards, are you seeing between your 8 & 9 and 9 & PW.

Then go from there. I'll be more than happy to discuss this further or help in any way I can.

JP

I have lost yards when I went to the i20's from JPX Pro's. 8 iron is 140, 9 is 130 and PW 120ish. Whats weird is my 50* wedge is 110-115. Not sure why the difference between the 50* and PW is so close?

Great question.

Our Patented V-Sole design allows you to get down to the ball on tight lies while reducing the chance of digging with the leading edge. Our sole has a high bounce on the leading edge and a low bounce on the large part of the sole. Because the leading edge is a high bounce it won't dig like others, and the low bounce on the predominant side of the sole allows you to get down to the ball and skim the surface of the turf.

On traditional wedge designs I was forced to play a lot of forward press in my hands when chipping or pitching from tight lies. The V-Sole takes that out of the equation. It makes it so simple to play shots that I don't even think that much about ball position or hand position anymore on chips and pitches. I concentrate more on tempo, distance and break.

I hope this was helpful.

JP

I like the way you answered this without degrading your competition. Pretty classy stuff to say the least and it might tempt those of interest, to try one of your wedges :thumb:

I have lost yards when I went to the i20's from JPX Pro's. 8 iron is 140, 9 is 130 and PW 120ish. Whats weird is my 50* wedge is 110-115. Not sure why the difference between the 50* and PW is so close?

There could be a couple of factors involved with the loss of distance, I check the spec sheet and it said they were the same, but I can tell you that some OEM manufacturing tolerances can be as high as +/- 2 or 3 degrees. Our tolerance levels are +/- .25 degrees. You may want to have the lofts checked on both sets. Secondly, the shaft could be a factor also. Are you playing different types and different lengths?

JP

I like the way you answered this without degrading your competition. Pretty classy stuff to say the least and it might tempt those of interest, to try one of your wedges :thumb:

Thank you very much. At SCOR we don't feel like we have to bad mouth the competition to make our point. We let our clubs do that. We know that we have the best clubs on the market. We know that no other manufacturer builds their clubs the way we do and it shows. Each SCOR4161 Precision Scoring Club is hand built to each customer's unique specifications to tolerance levels not in other manufacturers, unless you are lucky enough to get something from their tour van.

We do all of that at no additional charge.

Maybe we're "old school", but something was said a long time ago about doing a job. If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Thanks.

There could be a couple of factors involved with the loss of distance, I check the spec sheet and it said they were the same, but I can tell you that some OEM manufacturing tolerances can be as high as +/- 2 or 3 degrees. Our tolerance levels are +/- .25 degrees. You may want to have the lofts checked on both sets. Secondly, the shaft could be a factor also. Are you playing different types and different lengths?

JP

I cut the shafts so they are all +5/8 and KBS Tours. I haven't had the lofts checked but I can say my swing is poo poo for sure. I am not consistent at all but find certain distances with these to be odd compared to my last set. If you want to email which would probably be easier I am at [email protected]

I got my set of five scors this evening. Dinner got pushed to the side while I did my box opening. My 16 year old son was salivating! Can't wait to get out with these. I'll be down in the basement chipping away while watching Big Break Greenbrier finale. JP you probably don't remember talking to me a couple of weeks ago (refer to gigagolf) but thanks for your and Barry's invaluable help. These things are beautiful. It's a shame to scuff these wedges up playing them. An even bigger shame would be to NOT be using them and getting them scuffed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Texasbrons,

You'll love those. I have the 49,53,57, that has helped me get out of the 90s into the 80s.
The full swing distances have been very consistant, even with my swing. Started dialing in the shorter distances before the snow fell.

Never got to hit anything from the Scor line but I would like to, nobody carries them around my way stores nor clubs! I got custom sm4 wedges with custom grinds but I actually love an old curtis strange forged 57* Titleist wedge from 13 years ago atleast! I would give them a try. Only way for me I am sure is to buy and try though which stinks!

Last edited:
Never got to hit anything from the Scor line but I would like to, nobody carries them around my way stores nor clubs! I got custom sm4 wedges with custom grinds but I actually love an old curtis strange forged 57* Titleist wedge from 13 years ago atleast! I would give them a try. Only way for me I am sure is to buy and try though which stinks!

I am sorry to hear that you're having a hard time trying our clubs. There are a couple of solutions that I think will work. First, you can ask your club or local shop to contact us about becoming an authorized dealer.

Second, we have a trial program that you can take advantage of. We will custom build a club to your specs and ship it to you. You can play with it as much as you would like for 30 days. At that time you can choose to send it back or keep it. If you send it back you will only be charged $9.95 for shipping, if you want to keep it we will simply charge your credit card for the cost of the club. Or, you can do what the majority of our trial customers do, keep the club and order 2 or 3 more to match and take advantage of our multi-club discount.

I'll will be happy to help either way.

Thanks!

JP

Texasbrons,

You'll love those. I have the 49,53,57, that has helped me get out of the 90s into the 80s.
The full swing distances have been very consistant, even with my swing. Started dialing in the shorter distances before the snow fell.

That's great! We love to hear about the success our customers are having. I am sure you can't wait for Spring! JP

I got my set of five scors this evening. Dinner got pushed to the side while I did my box opening. My 16 year old son was salivating! Can't wait to get out with these. I'll be down in the basement chipping away while watching Big Break Greenbrier finale. JP you probably don't remember talking to me a couple of weeks ago (refer to gigagolf) but thanks for your and Barry's invaluable help. These things are beautiful. It's a shame to scuff these wedges up playing them. An even bigger shame would be to NOT be using them and getting them scuffed.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

We are glad to help. I am sure you're counting the days until you get to take your new clubs to the course. Enjoy! JP

Just want to say thanks to JP, we have been emailing for a few days and he extended there holiday discount for me so I finally bought 3 wedges last night. Went with the 50,54 and 58. Thanks again JP for the help.

Just want to say thanks to JP, we have been emailing for a few days and he extended there holiday discount for me so I finally bought 3 wedges last night. Went with the 50,54 and 58. Thanks again JP for the help.

Great to hear that you committed to the SCOR wedges Vince. You'll be setting close to the pin before you know it soon.

Good move Vince. We meed to hit nice wedge shots with our SCORs and then enjoy some bourbon together soon.

I was happy to help. Sharkwrestler is right, you're going to hit 'em close before you know it.

Never saw this thread until today. I've been using my Scor wedges all season and don't see how I ever go back to another wedge. Right now I'm only using 2 (SW, LW), but am pondering adding a 3rd for next season. These wedges are really great, I particularly like how I don't need to worry about bounce. This really comes in handy out of the sand and off tight lies. I also noticed since I got my Scor wedges they have added an option for lightweight steel shaft. Definitely something that I'll consider when I have to renew my wedges. Thanks Scor for making such a great product and coming over to THP to answer all of our questions.

I'm now finally back to having my 49/53/57 setup in the bag after some time away for various reasons. It's like I never went away from them. The V-Sole is beyond great for me and my game, I love these wedges to death.

Never saw this thread until today. I've been using my Scor wedges all season and don't see how I ever go back to another wedge. Right now I'm only using 2 (SW, LW), but am pondering adding a 3rd for next season. These wedges are really great, I particularly like how I don't need to worry about bounce. This really comes in handy out of the sand and off tight lies. I also noticed since I got my Scor wedges they have added an option for lightweight steel shaft. Definitely something that I'll consider when I have to renew my wedges. Thanks Scor for making such a great product and coming over to THP to answer all of our questions.

We are glad to hear you are enjoying them. Yes, we do offer a lightweight steel option now.

We are happy to be on THP and are here to help in any way we can.

Thanks!

JP

Back