Oregon Jack

Let's real 'er back in.
Reaction score
Handicap
8ish?
Apparently one of my dad's friends from his Aikido Dojo wears a cup while golfing.. I can umderstand the safety precaussion, but seriously?

I guess he is playing with a fat shaft and non conforming balls

Whoa thats pretty different....I thouht this was going to be about football or ice hockey not golf! This has me stumped!

Has he considered adding a helmet, shin guards, knee pads and elbow pads! Maybe something for his backside?

Is he afraid of stepping on a rogue rake or something?

Umm... Why?

I have no idea why anyone would wear one of these playing golf. I would think you would want to be as comfortable as you can be out there and that's definitely not comfortable. The only time I wear one of those is playing paintball, and I had to learn from experience before I started wearing one then.

SMH....just no reason.

there's a bball referee in my chapter that wears one while reffing bball as well. also dumb, but not as dumb as a cup during golf.

AAHH just protecting the ol twigs & berries eehh.. haha he said twigs & berries...

Maybe he used to play in the group in front of Rodney Dangerfield?

Weird... I wonder how this came up???

Maybe thats why he wears it, because something came up, or he could be bad enough he needs to wear it. I have seen people at driving ranges (the ones with stalls and dividers) that could use a cup and a red man suit....

Full contact golf?!

Must of been cup checked by his buddies on the first tee once

I do not see any reason for this. It just does not make sense to me. To each his own I guess.

I do not see any reason for this. It just does not make sense to me. To each his own I guess.
I bet you can get some serious wedge work going when wearing a cup and strap.

I bet you can get some serious wedge work going when wearing a cup and strap.

Ha. Maybe if you were trying to hit flops over my head.

I thought this was going to be about something different. Never the less, it's almost idiotic to wear a cup and mouth piece while playing golf. Well, I guess if your always in the trees you may need them in case of a ricochet. If that's the case either get a lesson or quit. :smile:

So, are we going to get any more details on why this dude wears a cup? Or did you just start the thread to make a statement?

Im going to start a thread about wearing a football helmet while playing golf.

Back