Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish he would get away from that lifestyle. But hey, he's in college. He can do whatever he wants.

First, for Johnny Football -- good for him. You're only 19 once.

Second, for the game tonight -- I actually want ND to win. I don't think they will, but I hope they do. ESPN's love affair with the SEC has reached a ridiculous level, and something has got to give. This is coming from a fan/alum of an SEC school.

It is a requirement for me to root for ND as the wife is about as Irish as Paddy's pig!

I would like to apologize to Damaikis. My team stole one of Clemson's top offensive recruits from them yesterday. Also, I believe Florida stole one as well.

I would like to apologize to Damaikis. My team stole one of Clemson's top offensive recruits from them yesterday. Also, I believe Florida stole one as well.

Who? I don't follow recruiting that much.

Who? I don't follow recruiting that much.

Ryan Jenkins. He's a 4 star WR. Florida took another 4 star receiver from y'all as well.

Ryan Jenkins. He's a 4 star WR. Florida took another 4 star receiver from y'all as well.
No coincidence that AU took their recruiting coordinator...

It's cool, we have receivers (at least for this year). I'm concerned with RB and TE. Oh, and that defense thing.

I'll pull for Notre Dame tonight, mainly because I dislike Saban so much.

As for Johnny Football, it should be interesting to see what he does next year after both of his offensive tackles leave for the NFL and get drafted in the top 15 overall. He's a really good player, but it doesn't hurt that he had that level of protection all year long.

I'll pull for Notre Dame tonight, mainly because I dislike Saban so much.

As for Johnny Football, it should be interesting to see what he does next year after both of his offensive tackles leave for the NFL and get drafted in the top 15 overall. He's a really good player, but it doesn't hurt that he had that level of protection all year long.

I dont know why but when I think of him I think of Eric Crouch.

It is one of the few areas where Clemson can afford to lose a couple recruits. I suspect Clemson will end up getting one more uncommitted WR to sign with them before it's said and done.

So long as the defensive line recruits (both committed and rumored pickups) hold, I'll be thrilled with this class.

I dont know why but when I think of him I think of Eric Crouch.

Johnny Mansiel could throw left handed and he would still throw it better than Eric Crouch ever could. Crouch winning the heisman was probably the day that I lost all interest in that award.

Is anyone out there a Stanford football fan? At Tech there are a ton of rumors that we are firing basically the whole offensive staff (thank god) and that the top candidate for OC is Stanford's OC Pep Hamilton. Didn't know if anyone knew anything about him, aside from the stuff that I know, that he has had a good pro-style offense over the past few years.

Johnny Mansiel could throw left handed and he would still throw it better than Eric Crouch ever could. Crouch winning the heisman was probably the day that I lost all interest in that award.

Haha I guess I mean from a standpoint of a undersized scrambling QB that won the Heisman that had no place on an NFL roster. Didnt the Rams want to make Crouch a Safety or something.

It is one of the few areas where Clemson can afford to lose a couple recruits. I suspect Clemson will end up getting one more uncommitted WR to sign with them before it's said and done.

So long as the defensive line recruits (both committed and rumored pickups) hold, I'll be thrilled with this class.

We looking at anything for RB or TE? I know we have McDowell who was awesome backing up Andre all year, but not so sure about TE since I believe we lose Ford this year. Our defensive class looks pretty good too.

He has had those options like with Tampa last year. Pieces in place, plenty of cap room and offered a ton, he still chose to stay.

The story here on the local stations is that a long talk with Uncle Phil, coupled with Matt Kearney's song, convinced Chip to stay.

Having a supporter like Uncle Phil does make things rather cloudy to say the least as it pertains to leaving.

Having a supporter like Uncle Phil does make things rather cloudy to say the least as it pertains to leaving.

Leaving that job would just be flat out dumb. If he wants to stay there forever he can. How many NFL jobs can you say that about?

Leaving that job would just be flat out dumb. If he wants to stay there forever he can. How many NFL jobs can you say that about?

For many, it will always be considered minor leagues. Some dont feel the same way and others are fine with it, but there will always be those that consider it a step down from the pinnacle.

For many, it will always be considered minor leagues. Some dont feel the same way and others are fine with it, but there will always be those that consider it a step down from the pinnacle.

I understand that but look at how many times it's been successful. If it were me, you would have to drag my lifeless body out of Eugene.

We looking at anything for RB or TE? I know we have McDowell who was awesome backing up Andre all year, but not so sure about TE since I believe we lose Ford this year. Our defensive class looks pretty good too.

They have two pretty highly rated RBs coming in with this class. They also have two highly rated RBs on board for the next recruiting cycle, although it is almost impossible to project that far into the future.

I have no clue on the TE targets. But, if I remember correctly Clemson redshirted a kid at TE this season who has apparently impressed the coaches. So long as they use Morris' system (even after he leaves), I think Clemson can insert average talent at TE and still get a lot of production. I was not overly impressed with this year's starter, but he still had a lot of production.

Is anyone out there a Stanford football fan? At Tech there are a ton of rumors that we are firing basically the whole offensive staff (thank god) and that the top candidate for OC is Stanford's OC Pep Hamilton. Didn't know if anyone knew anything about him, aside from the stuff that I know, that he has had a good pro-style offense over the past few years.

I know Hamilton is very well thought of. I've heard that Saban offered him the Alabama OC job last year and he decided not to take it.

I understand that but look at how many times it's been successful. If it were me, you would have to drag my lifeless body out of Eugene.

I really thought Kelly would take the best NFL job offered. Wonder if this means he wasn't offered any, or if the possible sanctions are going to be light at Oregon.

They have two pretty highly rated RBs coming in with this class. They also have two highly rated RBs on board for the next recruiting cycle, although it is almost impossible to project that far into the future.

I have no clue on the TE targets. But, if I remember correctly Clemson redshirted a kid at TE this season who has apparently impressed the coaches. So long as they use Morris' system (even after he leaves), I think Clemson can insert average talent at TE and still get a lot of production. I was not overly impressed with this year's starter, but he still had a lot of production.

Great info, thanks! I'm so excited for this coming year. I think we've got a shot to be really good, though we will be tested with 3 really good teams on the schedule.

I wonder if ND will have some super secret jerseys for this game or like those green one's they only bring out from time to time.

I wonder if ND will have some super secret jerseys for this game or like those green one's they only bring out from time to time.

They will have their names on the back, which they don't do during the regular season to my knowledge. They've done it in bowl games though.

They will wear navy, Alabama will wear white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back